CC Help Jenn

Community Contest June 1: Ship Tours

I, along with some other Cruise Critic staff, had the fortunate occasion to attend the naming ceremony and tour Carnival Horizon while she was in NYC. I had actually never stepped foot on a Carnival ship before so I was really excited to take a look.

I have to say I do love the "fresh new ship" smell. It is neat to see what new technology is aboard some of these vessels, along with getting a taste of the food and entertainment. It is also great to see how ships differ from each other and from line to line.

If you could take a tour of a ship you have not yet been on, what ship would you like to see? Is there a reason you chose that ship or just plain old curiosity? For me, I have now either toured or cruised on several main stream lines and toured one luxury line. I would like to see a river ship though I don't have a particular one in mind - American Queen seems the most logical due to location. I would also be keen on touring a yacht style ship like Star Clippers or Windstar

Post your response as a reply for a chance to win this week's prizes. A few winners will be selected randomly from all who participate.

We chose the harmony of the seas for our family because we all could enjoy so much on the boat and so could our teenagers!

I would like to tour a Royal Caribbean cruise ship since I haven't cruised on that line.

I have always wanted to sail on a WindStar cruise. Grew up in Boston with the history of tall ships and sails. I'd love to see one up close and personal.

One of those big mega Royal Caribbean cruise ships.

Aloha,

I'd love to tour WindStar as I've been fascinated by sailing ships. Although I normally prefer smaller ships, I'd also be interested in touring one of the new Carnival mega ships to see how the various onboard entertainment features were incorporated into the ship's design (like wave pools, slides, and ziplines).

We cruised on Carnival Horizon maiden voyage to New York City. We hadn't been on a Carnival since 1980 and were curious. It was a horrible cruise. Would not recommend it to anyone. Disappointed!

Sent from my VS988 using Forums mobile app

I'd love to tour one of the Royal Caribbean mega ships, like Symphony of the Seas. Curious what it is actually like inside.

I'd also like to tour one of RCI's mega ships as well. I know a couple people who have been on Oasis and one liked it and all it had to offer while the other said it didn't feel like a "cruise"...but I'd certainly like to see for myself. ;)

I have two lines, not really picky about a ship in particular:

1.) Royal Caribbean: It's been a while since I've been on one of their ships, so I would like to see what's changed. By a while, I'm talking well over 10 years since I've been on one of their ships! Plus, one of my favorite restaurants in the entire world is exclusive to that cruise line and it's on my Bucket List to eat at one of them while onboard: Johnny Rockets! Finally, I want to use their Rock Climbing wall and see one of their Broadway Shows at Sea (I don't care which show, I just want to see one!).

2.) Norwegian Cruise Line simply because one of my other favorite restaurant chains is exclusive to this line: Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville! Every chance I get to go to one of these restaurants, I do, even if I just go in the gift shop. We don't have one around here, which is too bad because my family and I are HUGE Jimmy Buffet fans!

I would love to have a ship tour aboard the Norwegian Escape now sailing out of NYC. We have a 14 day cruise booked for January 2019 and it would be great to experience a tour for a sneak peek before we set sail next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely WindStar... I have a fondness for tall ships, and when I was growing up I loved watching them make their way up the Welland Canal for the Canal Days festival.

I would choose Crystal Cruiseline to see how it differs in luxury to the other ships I have sailed.

I would like to tour one of the Carnival ships that has the Havanna Suites to see what they are like. They seem interesting to me.:D

I, along with some other Cruise Critic staff, had the fortunate occasion to attend the naming ceremony and tour Carnival Horizon while she was in NYC. I had actually never stepped foot on a Carnival ship before so I was really excited to take a look.

I have to say I do love the "fresh new ship" smell. It is neat to see what new technology is aboard some of these vessels, along with getting a taste of the food and entertainment. It is also great to see how ships differ from each other and from line to line.

If you could take a tour of a ship you have not yet been on, what ship would you like to see? Is there a reason you chose that ship or just plain old curiosity? For me, I have now either toured or cruised on several main stream lines and toured one luxury line. I would like to see a river ship though I don't have a particular one in mind - American Queen seems the most logical due to location. I would also be keen on touring a yacht style ship like Star Clippers or Windstar

Post your response as a reply for a chance to win this week's prizes. A few winners will be selected randomly from all who participate.

In 2010 we became friendly with a couple who were given the opportunity of a free tour of the ship's galley . They included my wife and I on the tour .

We found it to be fascinating .This was an HAL ship and we would love to do galley tours on RCI ,Cunard and Celebrity.

Lenny

We love NCL and would love to take a tour of the cruise lines newest ship, the Norwegian Bliss. I am intrigued by the fact that the ship has go carts and some amazing water slides. The Bliss is cruising Alaska right now but the itinerary is not one that we would enjoy because it doesn't go to any of the Glaciers but still would like to tour it to see the mega ship.

We would love to tour the Norwegian spirit,

It's one of the small ships so I think it would be more intimate.

It's sailing the Mediterranean at the moment

Sounds so romantic

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would tour one of the new, super-huge Royal Caribbean ships. They just seem like they'd be too crowded for me plus too much walking.

I prefer the smaller ships. Give me some good food, a few bars, an entertainment crew and some warm ocean breezes and I'm all set.

NCL Bliss or one of those luxury cruise line that I would not be able to afford to go on especially if it outside of U.S.

For me it would be one of the WindStar ships as I also love the idea of doing a cruise on a tall ship.

Allan

I enjoy new and I enjoy luxury. I'd pick a RCCL ship for the new and for luxury Crystal or Oceania. I'd be happy visiting the suites on any ship as they are just fine for me.

I'd love to see one of the current Cunard ships. I toured to Queen Mary many years ago. Now it would be interesting to see the modern ones.

I would love a tour of the new Celebrity Edge. It seems, well, edgy.

I'd like to tour a Windstar sailing ship to see if it really does have the feel of a sailboat!

where it is a tour of the ship might as well pick a BIG ship to tour! Symphony of the Seas I think that is the largest right now.. Now if it was a tour with s small sailing trip would love to do a windstar with sails up!

Well that is a toss up. Hmmm I think maybe a River Cruise one would be great to see.

On my first cruise in 1994 on the Jubilee, we went on a tour of the bridge, and then a separate tour of the galley to hear about how the kitchen runs. I know that Princess has a ship's tour, but it would be too pricey for us. Hubby and I did get invited to the Golden Princess bridge on our last cruise.

We do try to explore on our own a ship that's new to us on the first afternoon.

Only cruised once extremely disappointed. But want to try a smaller ship/boat. Be a great opportunity for my husband and I as Christmas 2017 was our lifetime bigcruise experience. .

Only cruised once extremely disappointed. But want to try a smaller ship/boat. Be a great opportunity for my husband and I as Christmas 2017 was our lifetime bigcruise experience. .

I like the feel of the smaller ships so touring a mega ship would be interesting. Plus, I'd love to see the concept of a

Disney ship.

Would love to tour a Viking Ocean ship. Have heard great things about it. Would love to see for myself.

Thought about going for my husbands’ 60th but too rich for my blood.

My 2 choices would be the Carnival Horizon and RCL's Spectrum due to the higher level of improvments being touted by the cruise lines and all the high tech "stuff". It would be a good way to find out if either ship would be a good fit for me.

MARAPRINCE

At age six, I first became aware of cruise ships while attending my aunt and uncle's Bon Voyage party on the Cunard Queen Elizabeth. (Drew a picture of it in school but labeled it Queen Mary since I didn't know how to spell Elizabeth) 16 years later I went on my first cruise and it was on the QE2 (thanks to friends that worked at Cunard) The ship I'd like to tour, you guessed it, Cunard's Queen Elizabeth (or, maybe, the Queen Mary, since I know how to spell it)

I have never sailed RC and recently heard it was a great time. I'd heard in the past the food was poor so I never explored it. For this reason I'd like to tour a ship (any). I'm so curious!