CC Help Jenn

Community Contest June 1: Ship Tours

I'd like to tour a Windstar sailing ship to see if it really does have the feel of a sailboat!

I, along with some other Cruise Critic staff, had the fortunate occasion to attend the naming ceremony and tour Carnival Horizon while she was in NYC. I had actually never stepped foot on a Carnival ship before so I was really excited to take a look.

I have to say I do love the "fresh new ship" smell. It is neat to see what new technology is aboard some of these vessels, along with getting a taste of the food and entertainment. It is also great to see how ships differ from each other and from line to line.

If you could take a tour of a ship you have not yet been on, what ship would you like to see? Is there a reason you chose that ship or just plain old curiosity? For me, I have now either toured or cruised on several main stream lines and toured one luxury line. I would like to see a river ship though I don't have a particular one in mind - American Queen seems the most logical due to location. I would also be keen on touring a yacht style ship like Star Clippers or Windstar

Post your response as a reply for a chance to win this week's prizes. A few winners will be selected randomly from all who participate.

where it is a tour of the ship might as well pick a BIG ship to tour! Symphony of the Seas I think that is the largest right now.. Now if it was a tour with s small sailing trip would love to do a windstar with sails up!

Well that is a toss up. Hmmm I think maybe a River Cruise one would be great to see.

On my first cruise in 1994 on the Jubilee, we went on a tour of the bridge, and then a separate tour of the galley to hear about how the kitchen runs. I know that Princess has a ship's tour, but it would be too pricey for us. Hubby and I did get invited to the Golden Princess bridge on our last cruise.

We do try to explore on our own a ship that's new to us on the first afternoon.

Only cruised once extremely disappointed. But want to try a smaller ship/boat. Be a great opportunity for my husband and I as Christmas 2017 was our lifetime bigcruise experience. .

I, along with some other Cruise Critic staff, had the fortunate occasion to attend the naming ceremony and tour Carnival Horizon while she was in NYC. I had actually never stepped foot on a Carnival ship before so I was really excited to take a look.

I have to say I do love the "fresh new ship" smell. It is neat to see what new technology is aboard some of these vessels, along with getting a taste of the food and entertainment. It is also great to see how ships differ from each other and from line to line.

If you could take a tour of a ship you have not yet been on, what ship would you like to see? Is there a reason you chose that ship or just plain old curiosity? For me, I have now either toured or cruised on several main stream lines and toured one luxury line. I would like to see a river ship though I don't have a particular one in mind - American Queen seems the most logical due to location. I would also be keen on touring a yacht style ship like Star Clippers or Windstar

Post your response as a reply for a chance to win this week's prizes. A few winners will be selected randomly from all who participate.

Only cruised once extremely disappointed. But want to try a smaller ship/boat. Be a great opportunity for my husband and I as Christmas 2017 was our lifetime bigcruise experience. .

I like the feel of the smaller ships so touring a mega ship would be interesting. Plus, I'd love to see the concept of a

Disney ship.

Would love to tour a Viking Ocean ship. Have heard great things about it. Would love to see for myself.

Thought about going for my husbands’ 60th but too rich for my blood.

My 2 choices would be the Carnival Horizon and RCL's Spectrum due to the higher level of improvments being touted by the cruise lines and all the high tech "stuff". It would be a good way to find out if either ship would be a good fit for me.

MARAPRINCE

At age six, I first became aware of cruise ships while attending my aunt and uncle's Bon Voyage party on the Cunard Queen Elizabeth. (Drew a picture of it in school but labeled it Queen Mary since I didn't know how to spell Elizabeth) 16 years later I went on my first cruise and it was on the QE2 (thanks to friends that worked at Cunard) The ship I'd like to tour, you guessed it, Cunard's Queen Elizabeth (or, maybe, the Queen Mary, since I know how to spell it)

I have never sailed RC and recently heard it was a great time. I'd heard in the past the food was poor so I never explored it. For this reason I'd like to tour a ship (any). I'm so curious!

Love to see the QE2

The one ship I would love to tour is the SS United States!

Not an active ship, it was active when ships were transportation, unfortunately this beautiful & historic ship is rotting away on the Philly waterfront. I was on a transatlantic crossing on this ship when I was very young.

I would love to see a Cunard ship in action. I had dinner on the Queen Mary once. But it was permanently moored after being decommissioned, so not really the same as the open water experience. (I want to do a transatlantic cruise one day.)

I would like to tour one if the Viking Ocean cruise ships. We have been on a Viking river cruise so want to see if those special touches translate to a larger ship.

I would really love to tour Azamara Cruise ported out of Miami. I am Diamond Plus and since Azamara honors my status aboard their line would be my first and foremost reason. But just as that is a wonderful, going to Havana would be a big bonus as I would love to experience the Cuban culture, local food, the music and nightlife and touring in antique automobiles.

Sounds like a wonderful way to visit a new exotic port

My wife & myself would love to cruise aboard a Cruise ship on there innagraul sailing. Both being in our 80 we doubt if we ever will.

george35

Oh goodness, does it have to be just one? But because of the "newness" and me being nosey, I would have to with Celebrity Edge.

I'd love to go on a ship that has a "Johnny Rockets" or a "Margaritaville" on it. I'm already booked next year for a ship that has a "Johnny Rockets" on it ("Adventure Of The Seas") so I guess I just have "Margaritaville" to check off that list. I'm a HUGE fan of both chains, but alas, I don't have ANY of those restaurant locations near me, so I go to one of those restaurants every chance I get! So you better believe on "Adventure Of The Seas" that I will be snooping around the "Johnny Rockets" restaurant!

Have never been in a mega ship. I would like to see the NCL Bliss as she is the newest in the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums