CocoCay -----> Perfect Day at CocoCay-----------> Pricing!!!

And.. I’ve answered my own question.. [emoji5] in case anyone is interested, the balloon experience is 10 min, and accommodates 30 people. For our trip on the symphony they want 74$ per adult and 44$ per child. Not positive if 12yo qualifies for child rate, but at a minimum it would be $236 for our family, possibly more.. sooo not something we’ll be doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And.. I’ve answered my own question.. [emoji5] in case anyone is interested, the balloon experience is 10 min, and accommodates 30 people. For our trip on the symphony they want 74$ per adult and 44$ per child. Not positive if 12yo qualifies for child rate, but at a minimum it would be $236 for our family, possibly more.. sooo not something we’ll be doing.

Sure $236 seems like a lot of money, but you'll miss seeing Coco Kay! But from **even higher!** (<< Sarcasm. Personally don't see the point in this.)

Sure $236 seems like a lot of money, but you'll miss seeing Coco Kay! But from **even higher!** (<< Sarcasm. Personally don't see the point in this.)

I guess RCCL believes there is a market for the balloon ride. How high does the balloon go? The Oasis class ship is at least 15 stories high. Once docked, can’t you get a nice view from the top deck?

M

It's not just here. It's on other topics, too.

The $236 is your personal choice.

If you want to rip into Royal Caribbean for the pricing, talk about the $74 or the $44.

Personally I’m excited about the water park and pools. We’re a family of four (kids 9&12) from Alaska .. pools and water slides are a rarity for us! We got an email last week announcing that perfect day would be available for cruises starting May 2019. I feel like the cost for the water slide park is totally reasonable atm, but we’ll see if I have the same opinion afterwards.. Disney water park package included with tickets was very affordable and it was a huge water park with great amenities,currently costs $65 pp w/o package. I’m not expecting Disney for $44, but I hope I don’t have to carry my tube up huge staircases, or wait in outrageously long lines for all the slides.. guess we’ll see when we get there. [emoji41]

I’m excited about all the free dinning there too. Hopefully more options than just the plain old bbq offered on Labadee.

Is anyone interested in the hot air balloon? I haven’t noticed anyone even mentioning this experience on CC.

They had it at Disney world when we were there, was pretty expensive as I recall , so it wasn’t very appealing to us. I’m surprised that they went with such a large attraction, with what I expect will be a low capacity ride. Any idea how long the experience lasts or how many it holds?

Sorry, I am a little confused. We haven’t been on a Disney cruise since 2014.

When you talk about the water park included in ticket price, what exactly do you mean?

Has Disney opened a water park on Castaway Cay or are you talking about the water parks by WDW?

The water slides don’t thrill me to much, neither does the balloon, but that pool looks pretty amazing!

We have never been here. On all our RCI cruises we have always gone to Labadee. Do not know what to expect.

We do love Labadee.

Paid on different visits.......zip line, slide, roller coaster and usually do jet ski.

Looking at a stop here next May.

Later

That might be peak of the construction, not sure if they will gradually roll things out. Might be an interesting trip. I've loved the diving/snorkeling here. Beaches are nice.

So the pool is extra? we will be there June of 19. First we will see if it's done.

I prefer just a quiet beach but I can see how others especially families would enjoy the day. I'll save an opinion until we've been back.

Sad the nature trail and quiet areas will be gone. Guess we have to keep cruising other ports to find that. Progress they call it....

From RC's website:

We’ll be opening new attractions and experiences at Perfect Day at CocoCay in phases with full completion targeted for December 2019.

• The new pier will open in November 2018.
  • Up, Up and Away helium balloon, Chill Island, and Oasis Lagoon freshwater pool will open in December 2018.
  • Thrill Waterpark, the Zip Line, Splashaway Bay aquapark, Captain Jack’s dining, Skipper’s Grill dining, and Captain Jack’s Galleon will open in May 2019.
  • South Beach, Coco Beach Club and the overwater cabanas will open in December 2019.

Please note that these dates might be subject to change depending on the progress of construction.

Q How much does Perfect Day at CocoCay cost? Is there an admission fee?

A

Most of the experiences at Perfect Day at CocoCay are complimentary and we’ve added even more attractions and experiences to CocoCay at no extra cost. Some of these include Oasis Lagoon, the largest freshwater pool in the Caribbean, the shipwrecked Captain Jack’s Galleon loaded with slides and water cannons, our biggest ever Splashaway Bay aquapark yet, and new sports courts on South Beach. Not to mention dramatically enhanced beaches like Chill Island and South Beach, which both offer plenty of free beach chairs and beachside activities. And in between adventures, you can fuel up at five new complimentary dining venues located throughout the island.

You’ve also got your choice of even more one-of-a-kind experiences available for a charge. Prices vary by season, but booked guests can visit Cruise Planner for the latest exact pricing for their specific sailing — and the biggest savings.

Sorry, I am a little confused. We haven’t been on a Disney cruise since 2014.

When you talk about the water park included in ticket price, what exactly do you mean?

Has Disney opened a water park on Castaway Cay or are you talking about the water parks by WDW?

The water slides don’t thrill me to much, neither does the balloon, but that pool looks pretty amazing!

Sorry should have been more clear, but I was referring to the cost for Disney worlds water parks. That’s my basis for comparison since it’s the only water parks we’ve been too.

It's not just here. It's on other topics, too.

The $236 is your personal choice.

If you want to rip into Royal Caribbean for the pricing, talk about the $74 or the $44.

Not sure if this was directed at me or not, but to clarify I’m not “ripping into Royal Caribbean”, just saying that the cost for our family is higher than we’d be willing to pay for the experience.

They're ruining Coco Cay just like they did Labadee. All about the $$.

I so agree. Before you know it, those that don’t want to be dollared to death will be relegated to a tiny corner of coco cay or labadee! “No pay-No play”.

I so agree. Before you know it, those that don’t want to be dollared to death will be relegated to a tiny corner of coco cay or labadee! “No pay-No play”.

So Royal adds loads and loads of new complimentary options on CocoCay including enhancing the beaches, more dining, a huge lagoon pool, water slides, sports courts, etc.

Your response is "I'm being dollared to death"... Lol. Alrighty.

They have that... it's any cruise that does not stop in Coco Cay or Labadee. ;p

Agree. First went to Labadee over 30 yrs ago, Coco Cay about 25 years ago. They were nice, quiet and rustic both. Then after many visits haven't returned to either in 15 yrs. Lots of cruise and beach choices without these stops... But my Daughter and Grand Daughter can't wait to return these Islands...

Royal Caribbean has an entire interactive map and expereince showing exactly this. Just go to their website.

You can almost see me at the swim up bar downing mudslides, with some cc'ers in the background complaining about the changes. But it's

OK, their tears fill the pool.

:') Do we know when this will be complete?

Beach, beach chairs, swimming, lunch.

Let's hope it stays that way. From what I've read, NCL did away with free lunch on their new island, Harvest Cay. I really hope this isn't another money grab started by NCL that the others follow, like they have with other things.

Perfect Day at Coco Cay Pricing

Coco Cay Zipline - $79

Thrill Waterpark Half Day Pass - $39

Thrill Waterpark Full Day Pass - $44

Up, Up & Away Helium Balloon Ride - $39

Thrill Waterpark Cabana with Full Day Pass - $499

For my Nov 2019 Symphony Cruise, prices are higher. It is $629 for the Waterpark Cabana +pass for up to 6 people.

There is also a Chill Island cabana and an Oasis Lagoon cabana. Theses are $399 for up to 8 people. Chill Island sounds more like my kind of place :)

Let's hope it stays that way. From what I've read, NCL did away with free lunch on their new island, Harvest Cay. I really hope this isn't another money grab started by NCL that the others follow, like they have with other things.

If Royal doesn't reach the revenue targets they have in mind then I would expect that they would start charging for what is now complimentary in order to recoup their investment in the island. Only time will tell if enough people are interested in spending that kind of money when there are complimentary choices available.

Perfect Day at Coco Cay Pricing

Coco Cay Zipline - $79

Thrill Waterpark Half Day Pass - $39

Thrill Waterpark Full Day Pass - $44

Up, Up & Away Helium Balloon Ride - $39

Thrill Waterpark Cabana with Full Day Pass - $499

Cabana for $499 must be the ones in the water. We have rented the "land" ones every time we are there and never paid anything like that (!!) If has always been well worth the money.

I wonder if the pool is extra or part of the Waterpark?