The First Voyage of the Norwegian Bliss to Alaska

BirdTravels

I think they usually quote passenger capacity at double occupancy, but would essentially have capacity for more depending on the number of 3/4 person rooms filled to capacity or suites that sleep more with more than two.

They wouldn’t overfill the ship capacity beyond what lifeboats could hold.

Someone correct me if I am incorrect...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is way more lifeboat space then you might think. I was on the Escape last year and the captain stated he had enough for more then 10000 people. I am sure the Bliss is not any different so even with 5000 people on board and say 3000 crew then that means they will have everyone off and still leave space behind.

The boats are just a small amount. The tubes tear them are quick blow up rafts that are mostly enclosed and once full, the boats with engines will tie on and pull the rafts with them. You tube has several videos showing crews training with this gear

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the kids program "itinerary"!!!!! I see several things my girls would be interested in - I may never get them out of there! T minus 12 days.

By chance, have you seen the prices for the canvas painting by you and wine/beer tasting? Just trying to get an idea. Thanks and enjoy your trip!

I noticed the "Fun Facts" folder has the specialty restaurants back to a "cover charge" and not a la carte, with only Coco's, Dolce Gelato and the Bake Shop listed as a la carte. Is that a mistake or has Cagney's returned to the single cover charge?

Do you know the cost for non platinums?

The standard cost for the tour is $80 for the general public.

When you first get on board visit the Next Cruise desk that sells the next cruise certificate or the designated

venue for booking the tour. At that time inquire if there is or will be any space for your non-platinum guest

to go along with you and if you can pay for it.

Sometimes the answer is NO -

Sometimes the answer is check back with us later -

If you are in a Suite Haven or deluxe cabin it might be comp-ed - no guarantee - check back later ???

Some say the Paid guest tour is different from the Platinum tour - maybe or maybe not.

The tours are about an hour to an hour and half long +/-

The numbers of guests is limited to areas covered - some ships 16 some 24 it varies -

Basic areas covered are the ships MDR galley the theatre back stage and the laundry facility -

In getting to and from of these areas you may take steep stamped perforated metal stairways

therefore no bare feet of flip flops.

You might pass down the ships I95 the main lower deck passageway for all the crew traffic on

the ship - might see the crew galley but no crew quarters - might see the recycle and trash

areas and explanation of how everything is environmentally handled.

For the most part the first time is thrilling to take it all in - after that unless the ship is different

seen one seen them all.

In any event if offered don't miss it.

These tours are usually held on the first sea day of sailing in the mid morning - depending on

the number of guests Platinum paid or otherwise there may more than 1 tour.

Note as mentioned above first thing on boarding the ship check out getting your Platinum benefit

and if any assistance can be provided for your non-platinum cabin mate.

Tuesday is Fill-a-Bag day with two day service returning on Thursday

Embarkation day 50% off pressing

Any day laundry by the piece next day service. Same day service adds 50% surcharge.

a7a70b9b59cda2ad21a7bd6e07bc697a.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Norwegian Bliss will be docking at the AJ terminal, so you need to catch a shuttle to the base of the Mt Roberts Tramway (shuttle drop off)

b6da8727f8a9ab395d7b89b29edd5e3e.heic

04b2e2f28dd1375ab1f02187d50e9f68.heic

Running low on water, you can order from your room steward

fc204fad4cb704753809a9bbaf29c759.heic

Amazing photos. Fantastic tips and information. This review has it all. This takes time to do so its very appreciated. I loved the Fun Facts about the ship. Glad to see the Starbucks prices are pretty much the same as on land. The menus look so good! Cocos's place in the old Le Bistro is the perfect spot at Ocean 678.

Everything looks so good!

Great job!

Here is a new question for you - how long is it daylight there? I have never been to Alaska and they are mostly daylight now, right? Thanks.

In Juneau

Sunrise this morning was 3:55 am.

Sunset this afternoon will be 9:54 pm.

Today is Glacier Watching Day. So, we are in port until 1:30, then head out to the glaciers.

BUT,,,,, if you noticed in the Freestyle Daily, we are heading to Endicott Arm and the Dawes Glacier (vs Sawyer Glacier in the itinerary). The captain will also get ice reports from other ships that are doing morning visits to determine how close he will be able to get the ship to the Glacier. (Don’t want to be sucking ice into the brand new bow thrusters on the first trip). Last night the Captain said that he hoped to get within 1/2 of the glacier this afternoon.

BirdTravels - Thank you so much for all of your photos and commentary. I’m especially enjoying the menu and food pics. Any chance you took a picture of the main dining menu from last night (day 3)?