The First Voyage of the Norwegian Bliss to Alaska

BirdTravels

You can read the fine print at the bottom of page 4 in the Dailies. Here’s what the have in their Facts sheet

48767812cbc61971dea47451673cb8a2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks did look but my eyesight didn't catch it - looks like the other poster was correct - ahh that's a bit of a shame - not sure I could sail on a ship with only 1 outside smoking area all the way on deck 17 - bit of a trek and I'm waiting on a hip replacement

many thanks for the info

A HUGE thank you for these photos and the information that you are providing all of us! What camera are you using to take these stunning photos? We are planning to bring binoculars but would love to be able to just use a newer iPhone if possible.

The Thermal Suite photos are gorgeous! Thank you so much. We're sailing in a Spa Balcony in November and can't wait.

It looks as though there's no outdoor loungers as part of the spa, though? On Epic we loved sitting outside and reading after enjoying the Thermal Suite. That's too bad.

We sail Bliss on 6/30, can't wait! Thank you for providing so many great photos! I'm seeing a lot of new things that I haven't seen on prior Bliss posts!

The spa looks completely empty! Were those photos taken on a port day? Looking forward to some R&R there!

For balcony time, we did throw the deck blanket (pictured above) over our laps and dawned a light jacket.

Are the deck blankets already in the cabin or will we need to request a couple from our steward? I foresee myself spending a LOT of time on the balcony!!! Appreciate you taking time out of your days to share your trip with us. 39 days and counting for us.

Are the deck blankets already in the cabin or will we need to request a couple from our steward? I foresee myself spending a LOT of time on the balcony!!! Appreciate you taking time out of your days to share your trip with us. 39 days and counting for us.

You can get deck blankets at the towel station on the pool deck. We have sailed Alaska a bunch, and these blankets are the best we have ever seen.

A HUGE thank you for these photos and the information that you are providing all of us! What camera are you using to take these stunning photos? We are planning to bring binoculars but would love to be able to just use a newer iPhone if possible.

Almost all photos in this thread were taken with an iPhone X.

Another request :) Is there a possibility you get a photo of the kids menu that they use in the specialty restaurants - that are free - I have a very picky 10 year-old and I'm debating on buying a specialty package for him. Thank you in advance and BTW - the buttered pretzels = yummy looking and the fish and chips too - How did it taste?

VIP / Haven checkin is lovely. Have pix but tech illiterate and no clue how to operate. Decks 15 and 16 Fwd are all observation lounges for “coach class” with plenty of food and beverages all day long. “First class” lounges deck 17 & 18 ditto on food.

A lovely amazing ship but reservations for specialty restaurants can be hard to come by AND sound proofing between staterooms and above and below less than adequate. Be warned and bring a white noise machine or add app to your phone. No charging permitted whilst you are out of your cabin and any Do Not Disturb signs left for more than 24 hours will result in steward coming in per someone’s protocol. BBEAUTIFUL ship, have fun !!!

VIP / Haven checkin is lovely. Have pix but tech illiterate and no clue how to operate. Decks 15 and 16 Fwd are all observation lounges for “coach class” with plenty of food and beverages all day long. “First class” lounges deck 17 & 18 ditto on food.

A lovely amazing ship but reservations for specialty restaurants can be hard to come by AND sound proofing between staterooms and above and below less than adequate. Be warned and bring a white noise machine or add app to your phone. No charging permitted whilst you are out of your cabin and any Do Not Disturb signs left for more than 24 hours will result in steward coming in per someone’s protocol. BBEAUTIFUL ship, have fun !!!

No charging permitted whilst you are out of your cabin and any Do Not Disturb signs left for more than 24 hours will result in steward coming in per someone’s protocol

Does the bathroom outlet charge while the lights are out ?

Sufficient low voltage wattage appliances shavers toothbrushes lap tops tablets cell phones should be OK

and of course NO hair dryers irons etc.

Is this the type of ship that requires you to put a card in a slot to energize the outlets ?

Really a bummer when you vacate your cabin all the electric outlets go OFF - What about the one that the

TV is plugged into ?

Everyone has been awesome in critic of the BLISS - hope the feedback reaches NCL headquarters for future

ship builds.

Especial commendation to Bird Travels for your pictures - glad that you are having outstanding weather.

359b60838b0dabe9e75a8848a81653db.heic

We're debating on whether or not to use one of our 3 specialty dining on Cagney's. The menu looks great and I know it's very popular. But wow that petite filet is awfully tiny, even by petite standards. It's even smaller than the tomato!

We're debating on whether or not to use one of our 3 specialty dining on Cagney's. The menu looks great and I know it's very popular. But wow that petite filet is awfully tiny, even by petite standards. It's even smaller than the tomato!

That was an accurate and funny observation!:D

Juneau, Alaska

Shortly after docking, the locals came by to check out the new ship

ce33fb4efe14ba22b5a96d00f624f555.jpg

513e8f10367dc772ff1de68a57816457.jpg

6b1f82b23b53c594459118cd04e253ed.heic

11fe9caade3b409945ee406a32bf753c.heic

Wow!! Amazing pictures! So beautiful! Did you take those with your phone?

Thanks for the trip report - Bliss isn't on my horizon and have been to Alaska a couple of times but I am so enjoying the info and photos! Thank you for taking the time to share

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No charging permitted whilst you are out of your cabin and any Do Not Disturb signs left for more than 24 hours will result in steward coming in per someone’s protocol

Does the bathroom outlet charge while the lights are out ?

Sufficient low voltage wattage appliances shavers toothbrushes lap tops tablets cell phones should be OK

and of course NO hair dryers irons etc.

Is this the type of ship that requires you to put a card in a slot to energize the outlets ?

Really a bummer when you vacate your cabin all the electric outlets go OFF - What about the one that the

TV is plugged into ?

Everyone has been awesome in critic of the BLISS - hope the feedback reaches NCL headquarters for future

ship builds.

Especial commendation to Bird Travels for your pictures - glad that you are having outstanding weather.

Actually the Bliss is not the first to have the card to energize the Cabin. Escape is the same way. We were Haven guest on the Escape and they actually provided a blank card that they left in... So we did get to keep power. Other cabins they would pull any cards out if no one was in the room

The idea is too fold. Less chance of an electrical fire and two saves energy and in the ships case less fuel. So do not see them changing back anytime soon

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

How was the quality of the food at The Local?

The same as O’Shehans.

Btw: on Ketchikan lunch, there was a 45 minute wait for a table (including bar stools around the Atrium)