Transfer To Travel Agent

I have seen several posts with questions about transfer a new booking from Royal to a TA. My question is why does Royal allow this and more specifically How does this benefit Royal.

Most travel companies airlines, hotels, car rentals would prefer people book directly though them to save on commissions. So why would Royal after they make a sale or booking want a passenger to transfer that booking to a TA. I am just not sure how do they benefit in that arrangement.

Just curious...….

IMHO, it's a partnership. As a matter of fact RCL many times will mention while on a ship that any bookings can be transferred to a TA. I, many times, take advantage of the TA's generous comps.

I have seen several posts with questions about transfer a new booking from Royal to a TA. My question is why does Royal allow this and more specifically How does this benefit Royal.

Most travel companies airlines, hotels, car rentals would prefer people book directly though them to save on commissions. So why would Royal after they make a sale or booking want a passenger to transfer that booking to a TA. I am just not sure how do they benefit in that arrangement.

Just curious...….

Something like 80% of Royal's bookings (can't remember where I saw that number) come from travel agents, so keeping them happy is a good thing for Royal.

I guess I just do not follow the transfer concept. It would be like buying a IPAD or iPhone directly from Apple but they allow you to transfer the sale to Best Buy or Amazon and they ship for you. I guess I just do not understand why Royal after making a sale would now say here you can take credit for this sale. I am sure there is more to it than this. I get why it would benefit the passenger to get any added benefits.

I guess I just do not follow the transfer concept. It would be like buying a IPAD or iPhone directly from Apple but they allow you to transfer the sale to Best Buy or Amazon and they ship for you. I guess I just do not understand why Royal after making a sale would now say here you can take credit for this sale. I am sure there is more to it than this. I get why it would benefit the passenger to get any added benefits.

Because they expect future business from that travel agent. It also offloads some of the labor to the travel agent.

Royal books 6 million passengers a year. With out the thousands of travel sites Royal would need to hire thousands just to answer the phone. A added bonus to Royal is that once you book with a travel agent Royal is done with you.

Not really.....your TA has to call/deal with Royal for anything related to your reservation.

Not really.....your TA has to call/deal with Royal for anything related to your reservation.

Most of that is done on Cruising Power, their T/A website. I rarely have to call the call center.

Like others have said, I think more of it is they don't have to hire thousands of mini t/a's to handle and promote their brand.

RC recommends using a TA. I booked with RC and then moved booking it to a TA. I booked 3 superior balcony rooms and the TA gave me $250.00 room credit for each room and saved over $300.00 per room! It was very easy to do. The TA will take care of moving your booking over to them. You don't have to do anything.