EZ Air seating

rhsjr

Regarding Alaska Airlines from US to Vancouver. We booked thru EZ Air, made our final payment, and we thought we could book our seats. We were told ( by Princess) that Alaska Air assigns seats, and we could call 24 hours prior to flight to schedule seats. This is without an extra charge. For a fee ( between $20- $100) we could choose our own seats now. Is anyone aware of this policy?

Regarding Alaska Airlines from US to Vancouver. We booked thru EZ Air, made our final payment, and we thought we could book our seats. We were told ( by Princess) that Alaska Air assigns seats, and we could call 24 hours prior to flight to schedule seats. This is without an extra charge. For a fee ( between $20- $100) we could choose our own seats now. Is anyone aware of this policy?

Every airline's policy is a little different but I fly Alaska Airlines a lot and have never had any issues getting a seat assignment early and have never had to pay extra to do so. A couple times my flight was on American, I had trouble booking seats prior to ticketing but a call directly to them fixed it right up.

OK - very embarrassed - the airline is Air Canada. According to their website, this is indeed their policy - unless you are a premium member. Bummer!

Do you get to pick the airline by using E Z air? I ask this because Business class and premium economy vary drastically between airlines. Icelandicair business looks like a great deal until you realize they are not lie flat seats. Economy Plus on Un ited is not Premium Economy on other airlines. I would need to pick the airline. Anyone done British Air business sfo to lhr at a good price?

Do you get to pick the airline by using E Z air? I ask this because Business class and premium economy vary drastically between airlines. Icelandicair business looks like a great deal until you realize they are not lie flat seats. Economy Plus on Un ited is not Premium Economy on other airlines. I would need to pick the airline. Anyone done British Air business sfo to lhr at a good price?

You pick your airline, the class of seat, and the flights.

First it is $121 /pp cheaper than regular ticket. Second, American site has dashes and wouldn't allow me to select. On the phone with AA right now to see if I can get them to select.

rhsjr, I am booked on a Transatlantic cruise this Sept. Booked air from PHX to LHR on Delta, was able to select seats immediately, but the return leg from NYC to PHX was on American, and they would not allow seat selection until flight was "paid and ticketed". Princess will ordinarily not do that until 45 days prior, on a flexible ticket, which allows you to change or cancel without penalty up until that date.

I wanted a certain seat, so paid my airfare in advance with Princess, and asked them to "ticket" the flights. Then I went on the American site, and immediately chose the seats I wanted. So, if the seat selection is really important, pay for the air in advance. From that date on, you will not be able to change, except by dealing with the airline, according to their rules and fees.

BTW, first class air on Princess EZ Air was $1500 pp, Delta plus American fares total was $8600 pp Not a bad savings, more than paid for the cruise.

AZ Stan

I dont understand why you would book e z air. I like to have more control over seat selection, type of aircraft and type of Premium economy seats . Many have said it is somtimes less expensive but I wonder by how much.

Here’s a very current example (today) of the savings we will get by booking EZ Air:

Direct flight on United to Europe (one way) - $2020pp

Same flight but ticketed on another code share airline - $550pp

Same flight through EZ Air on United - $155pp

As for control, if I had booked the flight independently, I would have had to pay for it up front and would have only limited/expensive ability to make changes. On EZ Air, this Is the fifth time I’ve either changed flights or re-fared the same flight since this process started. Our current fare is almost $600pp less than our original EZ Air fare.

We were booked on American at one time and they wouldn’t allow us to choose seats. We moved to the United flight and were able to immediately choose seats on the United website, link the flight to our loyalty numbers and order special meals. AND we can still make changes if the price drops prior to 45 days before our flight. That is control.

The cost of selecting seats is common with EzAir. This the contract that EzAir negotiates with the airlines. If you buy Premium Economy or Business you get to to. Hose your seats for free.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, we learned this on the Alaska Airlines web site....oh what fun.

I'll go you one better. I will be traveling with a mobility impaired individual. She will use a wheelchair to the plane entrance, but will choose to not wear her braces on the flight (they are not totally comfortable, etc.) As such, she needs to be seated as far forward on the plane as possible.

Air Canada has the same policy about paying to reserve seats more than 24 hours in advance. They had no problem with ordering the wheelchair or noting that she will be checking a walker, but in order to arrange a seat we need to submit a fax or photo of a doctor's note documenting why she needs it. I suspect this is not even legal, because they are operating in the US. Under the American's with Disabilities Act, it is illegal to ask anyone why they need a service or what their problem is. Example, you can ask what your service dog does for you, but cannot ask why you need a service dog (difference between "what's wrong with you" and "what help do you need.") No, she doesn't have a dog; this is an example. Alternatively, we can pay to book early or take our chances at 24 hours. Yeah, I'll get the note.

I'll go you one better. I will be traveling with a mobility impaired individual. She will use a wheelchair to the plane entrance' date=' but will choose to not wear her braces on the flight (they are not totally comfortable, etc.) As such, she needs to be seated as far forward on the plane as possible.

Air Canada has the same policy about paying to reserve seats more than 24 hours in advance. They had no problem with ordering the wheelchair or noting that she will be checking a walker, but in order to arrange a seat we need to submit a fax or photo of a doctor's note documenting why she needs it. I suspect this is not even legal, because they are operating in the US. Under the American's with Disabilities Act, it is illegal to ask anyone why they need a service or what their problem is. Example, you can ask what your service dog does for you, but cannot ask why you need a service dog (difference between "what's wrong with you" and "what help do you need.") No, she doesn't have a dog; this is an example. Alternatively, we can pay to book early or take our chances at 24 hours. Yeah, I'll get the note.[/quote']

Air Canada is a Canadian carrier. They aren’t require to confirm to the disability act they don’t fly between US cities.