Honduras Visa for Non-US Citizen / Resident?

mkkru144

I am taking a carnival cruise which stops in Honduras (Mahogany). I have a passport from Egypt. I am currently in the USA on a work visa with multiple entries (I am not a permanent resident). Carnival will not tell you if you need a visa and it is very difficult to get in contact with the honduras embassy / consulates. Does anyone know if a visa is required or who to call to get a straight answer? Is there someone at the ports that can answer this question?

I am taking a carnival cruise which stops in Honduras (Mahogany). I have a passport from Egypt. I am currently in the USA on a work visa with multiple entries (I am not a permanent resident). Carnival will not tell you if you need a visa and it is very difficult to get in contact with the honduras embassy / consulates. Does anyone know if a visa is required or who to call to get a straight answer? Is there someone at the ports that can answer this question?

Do not rely on any information that you get on these boards. Your situation is unique and anything that you learn from here is going to be a guess.

• 2 months later...

Did you get an answer? I am struggling with this concern too. My parents are not US Citizen and has only US tourist Visa, from googling many sit and doing checklist from http://www.citaconsular.com (believe its their consular website), said that they do not require Visa. I went ahead to call Consulate of Honduras in Los Angeles, and the staff said I do need to get a visa to Honduras even if for it is a cruise tour.

Thanks for your link.

I did try it but it links me to www.visahq.co.th (Thai Version of Visahq.com).

It shows no visa Requirement for cruise. Anyway do you know how legit or reliable of this website?

are you in Thailand??

I would contact the Honduras embassy to be sure of what they need

are you in Thailand??

I would contact the Honduras embassy to be sure of what they need

I am living in USA, my parents are visiting me from Thailand. They have never been on the cruise, so I really want to take them for great experience. There is no Honduras Embassy in Thailand. I tried to call all Honduras embassy office in many states and never reach anyone, disconnected phone numbers and invalid emails, very frustrated. Now I am clueless.

maybe try emailing one of the consulates and see if you get a different answer

the visa site said they do not need one for a cruise but you do not want to take any chances

maybe try a cruise on the west coast or to other areas where will will not need to get a VISA

maybe try emailing one of the consulates and see if you get a different answer

the visa site said they do not need one for a cruise but you do not want to take any chances

maybe try a cruise on the west coast or to other areas where will will not need to get a VISA

What funny is all the emails I sent never went through. Many phone number I got from their website are disconnected.

Today I called Honduras consulate in Los Angeles early this morning, the staff confirms that we do not need Visa, after I hang up for a while, I though it would be good idea if I can get some letter or email from the consulate saying that we are not required visa for cruise travel. So I called again after lunch break, that guy already left his work and I talked to another guy, instead he said we NEED the visa. OMG, I can't believe that 2 person working at the same place say totally different thing.

I have decided to go to the consulate tomorrow to see if we really need to apply for Visa.

• 1 month later...
Hi, any more updates? We have a similar situation and I'm curious if you found out any additional info. Thanks!

Just came back from the Western Carribean cruise for Mexico, Honduras, Belize and Cayman Islands. We do not need any visa for these 4 countries, and my parents have Multiple Tourist US Visa (B1/B2).

Hope this info helps :)