Old Next Cruise Expiration

I had bought some next cruise certificates before the terms changed. I just noticed that my last one shows an expiration in January 2019, which would be 5 years.

I thought when I purchased, it was before there was an expiration date enforced. It was purchased in January 2014. Does anyone recall the terms then?

Thanks in advance. I will call, but wanted to see if my understanding was correct here first. If I'm wrong, I'll just need to book an RCI cruise before January. darn. lol.

Thanks, that's what I thought too. I'll call them. When I log into my account, it shows the next cruise as 1 upcoming cruise, 211 days to go. The date shows Jan 1-2, 2019. Maybe it will reset if I don't book another cruise by then.

13. Offer valid only to residents of the United States and Canada. A NextCruise account shall have no expiration date.

Mine is from 2013, and it also shows up on the new Royal Caribbean website with the January dates. I think it is just a way to track that you have one that is still outstanding...in case people have misplaced or forgotten about them.

Thanks for asking though. You made me look!

:D

When I was at my TA's office a couple weeks ago, I had her call RCCL to ask if I still had any Next Cruise certificates floating around (I knew my mom and I each bought one in 2013, but couldn't recall if we used them both or not). RCCL indicated there was still one remaining in my name. At first, they told my TA that I had to book a cruise before Jan 1, 2019 or else I would lose the cert (didn't have to take a cruise before then... just have one booked). However, after my TA questioned the agent further, s/he then changed their story and said that the certificate didn't have an expiration date after all.

I'm glad to read that this lines up with what others have stated as well. There will definitely be another RCCL cruise in my future and I will use it then, but I just didn't want to have to rush to make a decision before Jan 2019 on which cruise to book next (I need to get my upcoming transatlantic cruise under my belt before I can think about what my next one might be....lol)

Melissa

Mine shows the same thing. I didn't know what it meant. Does this mean I paid for something in the past that I don't remember? How can I redeem this?

You pick out a cruise and call C&A and ask to use your Next Cruise certificate for that cruise.

Thanks. I honestly have no recollection of getting a next cruise certificate. Maybe I need to lay off the deluxe drink package next cruise. LOL

You pick out a cruise and call C&A and ask to use your Next Cruise certificate for that cruise.

Is their a link on Royals page that shows you if you have them available? I only see my future cruises listed, nothing about the Next Cruise certs and I have at least one I have not used.

Thank you

I've not seen any links specifically for Next Cruise certs. You may be able to use the link that says something like "don't see your cruise" and type in that booking number. Failing that, try calling C&A.