Cruising for the the first time in July

jiwdurando

I would say that our absolutely most important items that we pack are:

1) the correct documents/ID for boarding

2) Sunscreen, and a lot of it!

3) a waterproof waist pouch to wear when we are in the water at the beach that holds our important things like ID, ship cards and money. Our swimsuit coverups/ sunscreen and such stay at our beach chair.

4) OTC meds that we commonly use, especially motion sickness, antacids, and pain reliever

Overall, it's kind of a learning experience. We keep a list now of the things we pack and take it with us on the cruise. If we feel like we are missing something or have brought something we didn't need, we modify the list accordingly.

Now, as for the cruise itself, my advice is to not overeat. On our first cruise we got caught up in the "all you can eat" thing on the first day and let me tell you, we felt pretty miserable. There are plenty of opportunities, especially on a 7 day cruise, to try all of the food that you want and still eat more than you usually would at home. Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had not thought of the waterproof pouch! Thanks!

I’m addicted to Disney too (and Universal)! I only have 1 cruise under my belt, but I think I learned from some of my mistakes. Here’s what I learned so far. It’s already been said to bring OTC meds, and bring plenty (alka-seltzer, non-drowsy cold meds, non-drowsy allergy meds if you have those issues, anti-diarrea meds, pain reliever, melatonin if anyone has sleep issues, and Dramamine II or a generic equivalent. I used the Walgreen’s brand with no problems, but make sure it’s non-drowsy because regular dramamine isn’t.

1.Those scented diaper sacks in the baby aisle at Wal-Mart are good if you have to store or dispose of anything stinky (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sassy-Baby-Diaper-Sack-50-Ct/40485745).

2.Bring some lysol wipes in a travel pack. It helps to wipe things down while on an excursion.

3. A popup mesh hamper, wrinkle release and a travel bottle of Febreze.

4. In hindsight, I wished I packed wipes like these for our excursion (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ban-Total-Refresh-Cooling-Body-Cloths-Restore-10-Count/704168670) and a travel stick of deodorant. Between the sweat and the deet in the insect repellant, we felt sticky at the end and it would have been nice to wipe all that gunk off our arms, legs and face. TMI I know, but it would have been handy. Facial wipes to would also be a lot easier to transport instead of bars and bottles.

5. Some nice lounge wear like yoga pants and a nice t shirt would have come in handy for an early lido breakfast. Or in case you needed to travel around the ship at odd hours. We ate breakfast at 6 on disembarkation day, then went back to bed. If I had packed an outfit like this I could have slept more comfortably after breakfast and then wore it home.

These are great! Thank you very much! I am def adding several of these to my list!

Either, but good wheels makes it easier to maneuver.

A few thoughts:

• order a package or 2 of bottled water for shore excursions - water on ship is fine, but bottled is fairly inexpensive
  • look at Bubbles vs. carry your own (12 cans/cartons pp) vs. just pay as you go for soft drinks (kids or non-drinkers)
  • each adult over 21 can bring a 750ml bottle of wine, David's steakhouse gives a comp. bottle of house wine or 50% off any other wine on 1st night and 1st formal night
  • consider Cheers vs. pay as you go
  • Arcade: There is a game where you play until you win a rubber duck (I think $1) - inexpensive souvenir. There is also a "power hour" where games are either 1/2 price or BOGO
  • review the Fun Times and Hub app for things that interest you, but allow time to just relax too - don't try to do everything
  • Sea Day Brunch and Tea Time can be nice options
  • our cards came with a hole punched, so you can clip the card directly to the lanyard if you want
  • playing cards are sometimes available at guest services

probably more, but that's what I could think of for now:)

Ok def looking into buying water before hand!

My kids and I don't drink soda anymore, neither does my husband so thats a nonissue for us. Alcohol will probably be a pay as . you go as well because we don't drink much anymore. Husband is allergic to a lot of different types of alcohol.

Is Tea Time included?

My kids and I don't drink soda anymore, neither does my husband so thats a nonissue for us. Alcohol will probably be a pay as . you go as well because we don't drink much anymore. Husband is allergic to a lot of different types of alcohol.

Is Tea Time included?

Yes. You have to keep a look out for it in the fun times - it’s often only one line on the rip off daily breakdown. Usually at 3-4 in aft DR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is Tea Time included?

Tea Time seating and food is complimentary. Lipton tea bags are complimentary (might be a different brand for decaf), but the specialty teas are around $2/bag I think - included with Cheers.

Yes. You have to keep a look out for it in the fun times - it’s often only one line on the rip off daily breakdown. Usually at 3-4 in aft DR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think Tea Time is usually offered on Sea Days only and is listed in the Fun Times under the food/dining section, not the activities section.

...... I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or tips for me.

Before our Baltimore sailings I printed a map of Chesapeake Bay with locations of all the Lighthouses on the Bay. It was fun to try to locate them as we sailed by.

Before our Baltimore sailings I printed a map of Chesapeake Bay with locations of all the Lighthouses on the Bay. It was fun to try to locate them as we sailed by.

My mom would absolutely love to do that lol, she loves lighthouses. I've seen most of the ones on the east coast lol. I can't wait to sail along the bay. We live on the Eastern Shore of the bay and this will be a new perspective for me.

I bring one of these, which is not surge protected. I can charge my phone, my kindle and my camera with something like this. My husband and I have found it's enough for all those devices since it seems no more than 2 need charging at once.

41kdA5hddjL._AC_US436_QL65_.jpg

I actually have those, hadn't even thought to bring them.