MADflyer

Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

RCI have started very early with port bookings for the summer 2020 European season.

Port bookings at Gibraltar confirm that Anthem of the Seas will be based out of Southampton for the summer season in 2020 along with Indy.

Jewel appears on May 5th and it is unclear if this is maybe a post dry dock re-entry to the MED or if the ship is heading out from the MED to another home port for summer of 2020.

As Brilliance is booked at both Grand Cayman in 2021 and has a September 2020 at Gibraltar it looks like she will stay on the same pattern with Amsterdam and then later a Barcelona mini-season.

Even with this early start it would seem that they are still booking Celebrity and some remaining Azamara before they really get serious with Royal port bookings.

Thank you, lot of people been asking info and when this new thread would exist...

Nice to see confirmation that Anthem will definitely head to Southampton. Now to speculate what will replace her in NJ.

If I recall correctly, Jewel isn't due for another dry dock until 2021. Last one was April 2016.

Such good news that the UK will have Anthem and Independence for the 2020 summer season.

Pity we can't book until next year though.....

RCI have started very early with port bookings for the summer 2020 European season.

Port bookings at Gibraltar confirm that Anthem of the Seas will be based out of Southampton for the summer season in 2020 along with Indy.

Jewel appears on May 5th and it is unclear if this is maybe a post dry dock re-entry to the MED or if the ship is heading out from the MED to another home port for summer of 2020.

As Brilliance is booked at both Grand Cayman in 2021 and has a September 2020 at Gibraltar it looks like she will stay on the same pattern with Amsterdam and then later a Barcelona mini-season.

Even with this early start it would seem that they are still booking Celebrity and some remaining Azamara before they really get serious with Royal port bookings.

Anthem to Southampton is exciting for the European market. However, I am very disappointed that RC won't base a Quantum class ship out of FL or another southern US port!!!

Anthem to Southampton is exciting for the European market. However, I am very disappointed that RC won't base a Quantum class ship out of FL or another southern US port!!!

Here is my speculation: After her Southampton season, Anthem heads to Fort Lauderdale or Miami. This was the original plan for her before Quantum was sent to China. Quantum 5 replaces her in Cape Liberty when she debuts in fall 2020.

Here is my speculation: After her Southampton season, Anthem heads to Fort Lauderdale or Miami. This was the original plan for her before Quantum was sent to China. Quantum 5 replaces her in Cape Liberty when she debuts in fall 2020.

I agree. I think Anthem moves to Ft Lauderdale taking the place of one of the two oasis class ships and Miami takes on the sat/sun oasis rotation

I agree. I think Anthem moves to Ft Lauderdale taking the place of one of the two oasis class ships and Miami takes on the sat/sun oasis rotation

That would be fabulous!

Anthem to Southampton is great news - she had some bad press from a few very vocal critics when she debuted in 2015 (I think because she was so different from the independence) but judging from the comments on other sites there are a lot of people eager for return! Myself included!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anthem to Southampton is great news - she had some bad press from a few very vocal critics when she debuted in 2015 (I think because she was so different from the independence) but judging from the comments on other sites there are a lot of people eager for return! Myself included!

I'll 2nd that I would love to see Anthem come to the UK.

Will defiantly be a change from the Indy.

Jules

Keeping my fingers crossed for Allure to do a TA in 2020. Would much rather do Allure than Anthem or Indy, although I would do Indy in a pinch.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Allure to do a TA in 2020. Would much rather do Allure than Anthem or Indy, although I would do Indy in a pinch.

Allure is due for a dry dock in 2020. Prior trends suggest she will head to Barcelona for the summer season.

Allure is due for a dry dock in 2020. Prior trends suggest she will head to Barcelona for the summer season.

I know! Booking can't come soon enough. I've booked other cruises more than 2 years out, so having to wait is a bear.

Speculation on Cape Liberty for Summer 2020 if Quantum 5 won't come til fall (assuming she's going there)? A Voyager and Freedom class?

Speculation on Cape Liberty for Summer 2020 if Quantum 5 won't come til fall (assuming she's going there)? A Voyager and Freedom class?

I've been wondering that myself. I would assume Freedom Class will be the summer replacement for Anthem, as they're probably going to want to keep similar capacity. That would leave Liberty or Freedom, as Indy will be in Southampton. Freedom is getting her Royal Amplified upgrades in January 2020, so she might be the most likely contender IMO. I wonder what replaces her in San Juan for the summer then...

I wonder what replaces her in San Juan for the summer then...

Maybe nothing.

Any insight on September 2020 cruises out of Venice?

Not sure when those dates will Be released?

Thank you

Any insight on September 2020 cruises out of Venice?

Not sure when those dates will Be released?

Thank you

Typically March/April time frame.

Call this a hunch but I don’t think that a Florida will see the Anthem after gopher European season. All of the large ships that are based in Florida are undergoing a huge revitalization as part of the Royal Amplified program. Anthem was not included in this. I winder if perhaps she will sail year round from Europe.

So glad this thread is up and running now! I'm looking to Hawaii or Europe in Sept 2020 and Symphony or Harmony for Jan 2021. I konw I have a long time to wait but looking foward to seeing the info that's revealed.

Call this a hunch but I don’t think that a Florida will see the Anthem after gopher European season. All of the large ships that are based in Florida are undergoing a huge revitalization as part of the Royal Amplified program. Anthem was not included in this. I winder if perhaps she will sail year round from Europe.

The reason is that she is only five years old....

While I would love to do a couple of days in NY (have never been there)and then head to Jersey to board the Anthem ( have never been on her), my hubby won’t go for that. So, I would love it if Anthem was based out of Ft. Lauderdale for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would agree that it's likely Freedom or something similar. At least temporarily.

The reason is that she is only five years old....

Could be. I guess I was just comparing Anthem to Oasis and Allure who although are 10 are part of this.

Maybe it’s a challenge to put the slides in on Anthem but the lack of them still has me believe that she will be used for the cooler climates as opposed to being based out of Florida.

Can anyone enlighten me on when booking for the August (think it's around then) 2020 Copenhagen to Boston via Scotland, Iceland and Greenland will be able to to be booked? The balconies go so bloody quick for this very popular TA.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

Can anyone enlighten me on when booking for the August (think it's around then) 2020 Copenhagen to Boston via Scotland, Iceland and Greenland will be able to to be booked? The balconies go so bloody quick for this very popular TA.

No way of even knowing if that itinerary will be released. The TA’s have generally been released in March/April so check this thread starting in February next year.

No way of even knowing if that itinerary will be released. The TA’s have generally been released in March/April so check this thread starting in February next year.
Thanks. They have it I believe every late summer for the last few years. I'm on a couple cruises between now and February so I'll also check with Next Cruise once on board.

Does anyone know a time frame for Alaska June 2020?

Most likely March/April 2019.

There is not really the need to have a Quantum Class ship based out of Florida, since the weather in Florida and the caribbean has warm weather year round and the Quantum Class has a lot of indoor space to be suitable to cruise in colder climates such as New Zealand and winter cruises from New Jersey and China

We penciled in an Anthem TA to Europe in Spring 2020 onto our cruise calendar a while back. I am thrilled to see that it is now likely. Is there anyway to guess from the the Gibraltar dates when the TA might be?

There is not really the need to have a Quantum Class ship based out of Florida, since the weather in Florida and the caribbean has warm weather year round and the Quantum Class has a lot of indoor space to be suitable to cruise in colder climates such as New Zealand and winter cruises from New Jersey and China

Agree, I love Q class ships but not out of Florida. They are far more suited sailing from cooler ports.

Is there anyway to guess from the the Gibraltar dates when the TA might be?

Not from Gibraltar dates but given she came out in early spring 2015 and her current schedule through 4/12/20, figure a TA right after that straight to dry dock - recent TAs around dry dock for other ships have been non revenue ones.

Not from Gibraltar dates but given she came out in early spring 2015 and her current schedule through 4/12/20, figure a TA right after that straight to dry dock - recent TAs around dry dock for other ships have been non revenue ones.

Also keep watching the deplyment thread: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2642383

thank you

Oooh Anthem back in the Uk ... exciting.

Would be interested in a Fall westbound TA. Are we thinking Southampton to Florida?

Typically released for sale March/April 2019 am I right?

Thanks.

I am looking at Hawaii 2020! Want to book early as do most of us!

Happy Sailing!

TwirlerA

Typically released for sale March/April 2019 am I right?

Yes.

The French Media a few months ago quoted CEO Richard Fain “ Australia should have an Oasis Class ship by 2020’

This will be interesting to see if it happens.

Allure after dry dock would be the easiest to move to this region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro