Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

33 minutes ago, leen42 said:

Just booked the Brillance Amsterdam to Boston September 2 2020.

Good for you!  Prices are amazingly high. GS is $13K. 6D balcony $6250, JS $10.8K. 

Thats for 2 with D+ discount. 

mac_tlc

12 minutes ago, theorbo said:

Just called and booked Jewel from Copenhagen B2B, May 24, 2020 (Russia & Scandivanain 7 night) with May 31, 2020 (Norwegian Fiords). 

They did mention that the 11 Night Arctic Circle cruise will sail 5/13-5/23/20 so not sure why there is a day gap with the next cruise sailing on the 24th, unless I misunderstood.

There is a Jewel Norway/Arctic Circle cruise on 6/7/2020. 11 nights. Cheapest balcony is $5100 for 2. 

5/13/2020 is an 11 night Russia/Scandinavia cruise, 5/13 to 5/24. 

mac_tlc

29 minutes ago, Teeara said:

Just booked Allure TA from Barcelona to Miami November 1, 2020!  Got our Grand Suite!  Woo hoo!  I started a Roll Call if anyone else is on that sailing.  

Congrats! At least prices are better than the Briliance TA. GS about $6600, JS about  $5100. Can get an 8D balcony for about $2100. 

Id love to do a CLS, but at $10K, it’s too steep. 

mac_tlc

12 minutes ago, leen42 said:

The price for 2 to Amsterdam to Boston 2020 seems like a decent rate to me including discounts. Of course hoping for future price drops.

We are looking at that one also.  We will be D+ in April, not sure if we should book now or wait for C&A status change.

4 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

We are looking at that one also.  We will be D+ in April, not sure if we should book now or wait for C&A status change.

For that itinerary, I’d book it now. D vs D+ is only $50 difference in discount. Prices will most likely be higher level by April. And, if they happen to go down, you can get the lower price. 

mac_tlc

5 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

If it were me I would book now and then when the status change comes they will apply the difference in balcony discount.

This cruise price will only go up and up

I was looking at it as well but like the itinerary better on the Serenade one they are doing in 2019.   Decisions 🙂

18 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Congrats! At least prices are better than the Briliance TA. GS about $6600, JS about  $5100. Can get an 8D balcony for about $2100. 

Id love to do a CLS, but at $10K, it’s too steep. 

mac_tlc

Thanks!  Yes, prices are steep.  We ended up with $3277pp for the GS which was a bit more than I wanted to spend, but this is truly a once in a lifetime trip for us, so I felt it was worth the $$$.

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

5/13/2020 is an 11 night Russia/Scandinavia cruise, 5/13 to 5/24. 

Thanks for the correction! The guy I spoke to on the phone didn't seem too confident and I wasn't able to see anything on the U.S. website at the time.

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Good for you!  Prices are amazingly high. GS is $13K. 6D balcony $6250, JS $10.8K. 

Thats for 2 with D+ discount. 

mac_tlc

Prices ARE very high!  We did a 16 night TA from CPH to Bayonne last year on Vision in an OS  for $10.4K/2 people with D+ discount.  But I booked anyway to get the cabin I wanted on an itinerary which includes Greenland.

The TA Amsterdam-Boston is very tempting. Pricing is still outrageous, but way better than what I've seen compared to other European cruises. We would pay 8500$ for 2p in large balcony cabin with 150$ on-board credit.

We have never done a TA before, and tbh I have a lot of respect regarding waves (between Norway and Iceland, also Iceland to Greenland). We regularly read about 30+ feet waves around Iceland. What do you guys think? Experiences? 😅

1 hour ago, andreasfcb said:

The TA Amsterdam-Boston is very tempting. Pricing is still outrageous, but way better than what I've seen compared to other European cruises. We would pay 8500$ for 2p in large balcony cabin with 150$ on-board credit.

We have never done a TA before, and tbh I have a lot of respect regarding waves (between Norway and Iceland, also Iceland to Greenland). We regularly read about 30+ feet waves around Iceland. What do you guys think? Experiences? 😅

Stick to the southern route for your first TA on a bigger ship. Don't pay more than $300 per day for the cabin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emmy said:

If it were me I would book now and then when the status change comes they will apply the difference in balcony discount.

This cruise price will only go up and up

I was looking at it as well but like the itinerary better on the Serenade one they are doing in 2019.   Decisions 🙂

They will also reprice the cruise when you apply your new balcony discount.  Hopefully it won't go up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scarlette said:

So add all my personal information, etc. ?

Why not just call in?  I got through with no problem and they were very nice during my booking.  Transferred my Oasis booking to this one (along with all the money I've paid toward it for the last year) and had no issues.  Took about 10 minutes tops.

20 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

I saw some outrageous 2020 prices (Oasis out of Bayonne) and some below average prices (Oasis Star Class out of Port Everglades).  Why is there an expectation that this year prices would be similar to last year prices?  Wouldn't you expect the price to go up?  In general prices tend to go up as the economy gets better whether in actuality or perceived.  

On FB someone quoted what they thought was a good price on an Oasis cruise in 2019.  Someone responded that they paid less for a higher cabin category in 2011??  How does one compare a cruise price from 8 years ago to show the new price is not a good deal?  Very odd.. 

What am I missing?

The cheapest cruise I ever did was on Oasis in April of 2011. D1 GTY for $500pp, then a free upgrade to a JS.

I think people think as ships get older price should come down, and I think that is true for a couple of years, but then the price stabilizes and isn't really affected by age anymore.

4 hours ago, theorbo said:

Thanks for the correction! The guy I spoke to on the phone didn't seem too confident and I wasn't able to see anything on the U.S. website at the time.

I just booked this sailing. It arrives in CPH  on the 5/23 and stays overnight. Hopefully that's not just a glitch. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, leen42 said:

Just booked the Brillance Amsterdam to Boston September 2 2020.

We did also.  Were able to get an aft balcony on deck 10.  When we look first thing this morning plenty of aft balconies.  By the time we pulled the trigger we were fortunate to get one.  Can't believe how fast they disappeared.  I think we got the last one available on deck 10.