Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

Can anyone enlighten me on when booking for the August (think it's around then) 2020 Copenhagen to Boston via Scotland, Iceland and Greenland will be able to to be booked? The balconies go so bloody quick for this very popular TA.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

No way of even knowing if that itinerary will be released. The TA’s have generally been released in March/April so check this thread starting in February next year.

No way of even knowing if that itinerary will be released. The TA’s have generally been released in March/April so check this thread starting in February next year.
Thanks. They have it I believe every late summer for the last few years. I'm on a couple cruises between now and February so I'll also check with Next Cruise once on board.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

There is not really the need to have a Quantum Class ship based out of Florida, since the weather in Florida and the caribbean has warm weather year round and the Quantum Class has a lot of indoor space to be suitable to cruise in colder climates such as New Zealand and winter cruises from New Jersey and China

There is not really the need to have a Quantum Class ship based out of Florida, since the weather in Florida and the caribbean has warm weather year round and the Quantum Class has a lot of indoor space to be suitable to cruise in colder climates such as New Zealand and winter cruises from New Jersey and China

Agree, I love Q class ships but not out of Florida. They are far more suited sailing from cooler ports.

Is there anyway to guess from the the Gibraltar dates when the TA might be?

Not from Gibraltar dates but given she came out in early spring 2015 and her current schedule through 4/12/20, figure a TA right after that straight to dry dock - recent TAs around dry dock for other ships have been non revenue ones.

We penciled in an Anthem TA to Europe in Spring 2020 onto our cruise calendar a while back. I am thrilled to see that it is now likely. Is there anyway to guess from the the Gibraltar dates when the TA might be?

Also keep watching the deplyment thread: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2642383

Not from Gibraltar dates but given she came out in early spring 2015 and her current schedule through 4/12/20, figure a TA right after that straight to dry dock - recent TAs around dry dock for other ships have been non revenue ones.

Also keep watching the deplyment thread: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2642383

thank you

Oooh Anthem back in the Uk ... exciting.

Would be interested in a Fall westbound TA. Are we thinking Southampton to Florida?

Typically released for sale March/April 2019 am I right?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

The French Media a few months ago quoted CEO Richard Fain “ Australia should have an Oasis Class ship by 2020’

This will be interesting to see if it happens.

Allure after dry dock would be the easiest to move to this region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The French Media a few months ago quoted CEO Richard Fain “ Australia should have an Oasis Class ship by 2020’

Fingers crossed have always wanted to try the Oasis class just haven't had the chance. Do you think Brisbane's new cruise port will be able to handle her, we won't say no to her home porting here for a while ;p:D

I don’t see it happening before O5 comes out in 2021. Fain may have had his timing off when he spoke. And like Spectrum, O5 may be specifically designed for the market in the region.

Fingers crossed have always wanted to try the Oasis class just haven't had the chance. Do you think Brisbane's new cruise port will be able to handle her, we won't say no to her home porting here for a while ;p:D

Brisbane Terminal will be able to handle Oasis Class and that is where they will go.

There were some rumblings on the Allure last week that they were having a European season summer 2020, followed by drydock and then transit through Suez to Australia. Time will tell ...

Brisbane Terminal will be able to handle Oasis Class and that is where they will go. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They have a market here ready and waiting ..... Oasis or a Quantum class are the ideal product.....:D Carnival announced last week they are home porting the drab depressing Carnival Spirit here ......blah.... RCL will blitz them if they bring us a ship with all the bells and buzzers...;)

There were some rumblings on the Allure last week that they were having a European season summer 2020, followed by drydock and then transit through Suez to Australia. Time will tell ...

Have everything crossed that they just might do so....... if so ....sign me up for the repo :hearteyes::hearteyes:

They have a market here ready and waiting ..... Oasis or a Quantum class are the ideal product.....:D Carnival announced last week they are home porting the drab depressing Carnival Spirit here ......blah.... RCL will blitz them if they bring us a ship with all the bells and buzzers...;)

Have everything crossed that they just might do so....... if so ....sign me up for the repo :hearteyes::hearteyes:

Doesn't Carnival have the new Brisbane port tied up most of the time for their ships? I sure hope there is room for a RCI ship to be home ported there.

Probbably what will be done with the Oasis Class ship it will be used for one week itinaries in direction New Caledionia, not sure how it will be handled logistically as Noumea currently is a tender port I thought? Also, Royal Caribbean is going to have a private island in that area, hence I wouldn't be suprised that this type of ship will be based there once that Island is ready. Hence the itinarary will be sea day focused with a couple of stops as Oasis class is not capable for New Zealand both fo weather and also being to large for most ports, which is also an issue in Australia currently.

Is the Allure still capable to lower her stacks? Thought I read on CC sometime ago that they had only used that feature when she (and Oasis) had to clear the Great Belt Bridge. Otherwise she has too much air draft to clear the Mubarak Peace over the Suez.

Is the Allure still capable to lower her stacks? Thought I read on CC sometime ago that they had only used that feature when she (and Oasis) had to clear the Great Belt Bridge. Otherwise she has too much air draft to clear the Mubarak Peace over the Suez.

I think they can still lower the stacks if the have to, but I don't think it's a simple pushbutton thing, I got the impression from a Captain's talk that it's not something they would like to do on a regular basis.