Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

Just to say thanks again to everyone for this thread. Not going to pretend I got a great price on the Alaskan cruise we've booked for 2020, because prices are pretty steep, but they look on par for usual and thanks to this thread we were able to get our corner aft JS, #1100, on Radiance for the second time. We also got a steal of a price for my dad to join us in a studio interior cabin, one of the least expensive cruises he's ever booked!

Looking forward to finding some 'steals' out there with the next sets of releases, so please do share if you find any bargains amongst the releases! We definitely wanted to do Alaska but with the steep price we may not be able to do another cruise for a while (unless we find a bargain!).

On 11/8/2018 at 6:13 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Why not just book a regular cabin for 2 people using a fictitious name for the second guest.  Have them be a no show and get port fees and taxes refunded and you get a bigger cabin for a cheaper rate.  You would even get double points.

Wasn't going to book a solo cabin.  But the port times are too short for me so I am looking at other options now.

22 hours ago, whitshel said:

The original question was about the Serenade, the Serenade does round trip Vancouver so you absolutely can do a back to back to Hawaii. 

Believe me I understand the Pvsa rules sailing one way to Hawaii twice, watching our ship drop passengers off in San Diego then floating to Ensenada empty while we had to take 3 hour bus rides to get to the ship.  

I was responding to the poster who asked about Sydney/Hawaii/Vancouver/Seward.  There were conflicting responses.

You are correct that in a closed loop trip out of Vancouver, there is no violation of the PVSA.  I have done the itinerary you mention, as well.  Cheers!🙂

Edited by travelgoddess1

Now I think I have an idea about Canada/NE 2020, if Adventure really takes over Anthem's itineraries out of Cape Liberty - there was the question about a second ship between Cape Liberty and Québec, if Adventure does not do them:

-Adventure: 9 nights out of Cape Liberty

-Jewel otS: 7 nights out of Boston (as Serenade did in past years after her season from Copenhagen)

-Brilliance otS: 10-12/13 nights Cape Liberty <--> Québec City (she's listed in Reykjavik in Sept. 2018 and could sail a Transatlantic via Iceland from Amsterdam to Cape Liberty)

-Grandeur otS: 8 nights out of Baltimore 

3 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

Now I think I have an idea about Canada/NE 2020, if Adventure really takes over Anthem's itineraries out of Cape Liberty - there was the question about a second ship between Cape Liberty and Québec, if Adventure does not do them:

-Adventure: 9 nights out of Cape Liberty

-Jewel otS: 7 nights out of Boston (as Serenade did in past years after her season from Copenhagen)

-Brilliance otS: 10-12/13 nights Cape Liberty <--> Québec City (she's listed in Reykjavik in Sept. 2018 and could sail a Transatlantic via Iceland from Amsterdam to Cape Liberty)

-Grandeur otS: 8 nights out of Baltimore 

This was my thought as well. A Radiance Class ship will come in the fall to do the one-ways. 

Mon 09 Nov 2020 06:30 Mon 09 Nov 2020 18:00 Radiance of the Seas FHW West Berth Wilhelmsen Ships Service Pty Ltd null null 2496  

Darwin Australia 

New entry last few days.

If this is Radiance maybe a Asia dry dock after Alaska 2020 then she will be in place to start up in Brisbane 16 November 2020 and do the Vision of the Seas bookings. 

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

If this is Radiance maybe a Asia dry dock after Alaska 2020 then she will be in place to start up in Brisbane 16 November 2020 and do the Vision of the Seas bookings. 

I would much prefer Radiance rather than Vision out of Brisbane! 

9 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

This was my thought as well. A Radiance Class ship will come in the fall to do the one-ways. 

But this would still be a large drop in capacity out of Cape Liberty during the summer compared to previous years if only a additional ship and on top a radiance class ship would be based there in the fall for a short season.

My guess as of winter 2020 is still to see 2 Quantum Class ships out of Cape liberty (Anthem and Quantum Ultra 2)

2 hours ago, LXA350 said:

But this would still be a large drop in capacity out of Cape Liberty during the summer compared to previous years if only a additional ship and on top a radiance class ship would be based there in the fall for a short season.

My guess as of winter 2020 is still to see 2 Quantum Class ships out of Cape liberty (Anthem and Quantum Ultra 2)

Without Bermuda and Canada NE as stops through the winter months I’m not sure there is enough demand to support 2 ships on a year round basis.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

10 hours ago, springaussie said:

Mon 09 Nov 2020 06:30 Mon 09 Nov 2020 18:00 Radiance of the Seas FHW West Berth Wilhelmsen Ships Service Pty Ltd null null 2496  

Darwin Australia 

New entry last few days.

Or could it be a placeholder for Serenade?

I am wondering that only Serenade and Ovation otS currently offer Hawaii itineraries in September 2020, not Radiance.

If Radiance offered a Hawaii cruise in Sep 2020 as well, I think it would have been open for booking already.

Because last week all Alaska and Hawaii cruises were opened for booking. 

Or this cruise will be added later, because Radiance could enter dry dock in fall 2020 after her Alaska seasson?! 

For me it looks like Serenade is going to replace Radiance in Australia, and Radiance will spend her fall/winter 2020/21 season in Western waters. 

12 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

I'd really appreciate that!!

But another thought or possibility is, that Jewel might head back to Dubai/Emirates after her Northern Europe season somewhere in Sep./Oct. 2020. SO another ship would need to fit in for the one way itineraries.

IMHO those one way runs between Bayonne and Québec City sell quite good, so I couldn't imagine at all those itineraries will be dropped.

Otherwise, another ship (such as Explorer) might take over the Dubai itineraries... 

3 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Yes, it would be a drop in capacity for the summer/fall, but it’s not looking like there’s any available ships to send to Cape Liberty. 

And i cant see 2 ships being there in the winter. Some of Anthem’s sailings can be pretty cheap on off weeks.

7 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

I'd really appreciate that!!

But another thought or possibility is, that Jewel might head back to Dubai/Emirates after her Northern Europe season somewhere in Sep./Oct. 2020. SO another ship would need to fit in for the one way itineraries.

IMHO those one way runs between Bayonne and Québec City sell quite good, so I couldn't imagine at all those itineraries will be dropped.

Otherwise, another ship (such as Explorer) might take over the Dubai itineraries... 

I’ve speculated that maybe Vision could take over the Dubai itineraries after her summer in the Med. I know it looks like she will sail from San Juan again, but that could always change. 

Not sure if there is demand for Explorer in Dubai.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

5 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

I’ve speculated that maybe Vision could take over the Dubai itineraries after her summer in the Med. I know it looks like she will sail from San Juan again, but that could always change. 

Not sure if there is demand for Explorer in Dubai.

First I thought too that Vision might so the Dubai runs, but actually I wouldn't know which ship could do the cruises out of San Juan. Serenade apparently switches to Australia/NZ from Sep. 2020, MAYBE Radiance otS after her Alaska season - but I'd be extremely careful with that. 

Maybe RCI would like to observe the situation with Dubai how well those cruises are selling on Jewel now - than they'll decide about another Dubai deployment, I could imagine. 

6 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

Or could it be a placeholder for Serenade?

I am wondering that only Serenade and Ovation otS currently offer Hawaii itineraries in September 2020, not Radiance.

If Radiance offered a Hawaii cruise in Sep 2020 as well, I think it would have been open for booking already.

Because last week all Alaska and Hawaii cruises were opened for booking. 

Or this cruise will be added later, because Radiance could enter dry dock in fall 2020 after her Alaska seasson?! 

For me it looks like Serenade is going to replace Radiance in Australia, and Radiance will spend her fall/winter 2020/21 season in Western waters. 

Max have a look at what Celebrity Eclipse 2020 and Carnival Splendor 2019 are doing in the 3 months after Alaska. This is what I am saying is possible for Radiance of the Seas including a dry dock.

6 hours ago, springaussie said:

Max have a look at what Celebrity Eclipse 2020 and Carnival Splendor 2019 are doing in the 3 months after Alaska. This is what I am saying is possible for Radiance of the Seas including a dry dock.

Repositioning via Japan prior to dry dock in Singapore and then repo to Brisbane all makes good sense and the timing works.  Let's assume the Vision entries are actually for Radiance.  This would be great news if true.  

Sydney OPT port entries in the name of Radiance are from Oct 5 to Dec 13, 2020.  There are none after this.  Timing of Serenade's Hawaii cruise sets up well for arrival in Sydney on Oct 5.  

The Brisbane entries in the name of Voyager are from Dec 24 to Jan 20.  Maybe these entries are also for a short Serenade season?  

In this case, I think Sydney would have Quantum or Spectrum over the holiday period, in addition to Ovation and Voyager.  Supporting this is a Brisbane port entry in the name of Ovation on April 19, 2021 and in Sydney OPT for April 17.  Ovation would surely be going to Alaska, so this looks like placeholders for a second Quantum class ship relocating back to Asia.  There are lots of excess entries in the name of Ovation of the Seas in Sydney OPT calendar during the latter part of the season.  

7 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

First I thought too that Vision might so the Dubai runs, but actually I wouldn't know which ship could do the cruises out of San Juan. Serenade apparently switches to Australia/NZ from Sep. 2020, MAYBE Radiance otS after her Alaska season - but I'd be extremely careful with that. 

Maybe RCI would like to observe the situation with Dubai how well those cruises are selling on Jewel now - than they'll decide about another Dubai deployment, I could imagine. 

Yeah, lots of "ifs" right now. 

Was thinking Jewel could do Canada/NE in the fall and then maybe head to San Juan.

Have to figure out what replaces Serenade in FLL then. Do we think those 10/11 nighters could handle a capacity increase? i.e. Voyager Class?

11 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Yeah, lots of "ifs" right now. 

Was thinking Jewel could do Canada/NE in the fall and then maybe head to San Juan.

Have to figure out what replaces Serenade in FLL then. Do we think those 10/11 nighters could handle a capacity increase? i.e. Voyager Class?

I'd have said easily Jewel or Radiance otS could do the 10/11 night runs, but it would be strange if RCI just changed Radiance and Serenade - no benefit at all apart from other ship names on the hull... 😄

Quantum 5 apparently takes over the 6/8 night runs from Ft. Lauderdale, according to the Cayman port list, currently those cruises are done by Adventure during winter season.

I could well imagine Adventure takes over the 10-11 night runs from Ft. Lauderdale.

And I would be REALLY GLAD to see a Radiance Class ship out of Tampa sailing the 7 night itineraries, instead of Rhapsody. IMHO that would be a remarkable improvement. 

23 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

I'd have said easily Jewel or Radiance otS could do the 10/11 night runs, but it would be strange if RCI just changed Radiance and Serenade - no benefit at all apart from other ship names on the hull... 😄

Quantum 5 apparently takes over the 6/8 night runs from Ft. Lauderdale, according to the Cayman port list, currently those cruises are done by Adventure during winter season.

I could well imagine Adventure takes over the 10-11 night runs from Ft. Lauderdale.

And I would be REALLY GLAD to see a Radiance Class ship out of Tampa sailing the 7 night itineraries, instead of Rhapsody. IMHO that would be a remarkable improvement. 

Well at least Rhapsody has a 3 production shows vs Vision that used to be in Tampa. Sometimes the 3rd show is 10 PM which doesn't help much but it does have that one and only country show PURE COUNTRY that still features the Orchestra ON THE STAGE (live not memorex) along with one of the fiddle players from the centrum duos. The Radiance has much better Diamond and Concierge lounges to be sure. I thank my lucky stars every year  that the Sunshine Skyway Bridge is there so at least they HAVE to use these classes of ship! 

3 minutes ago, Sirlancelot said:

Well at least Rhapsody has a 3 production shows vs Vision that used to be in Tampa. Sometimes the 3rd show is 10 PM which doesn't help much but it does have that one and only country show PURE COUNTRY that still features the Orchestra ON THE STAGE (live not memorex) along with one of the fiddle players from the centrum duos. The Radiance has much better Diamond and Concierge lounges to be sure. I thank my lucky stars every year  that the Sunshine Skyway Bridge is there so at least they HAVE to use these classes of ship! 

I don't care about the shows at all, but the ship as such (hardware, layout, etc.) - although I do not know Radiance Class, I know comparable ships, such as Celebrity Millennium or Norwegian Jade from the competitors.

I know Radiance Class has an open seating area behind the Windjammer Café, I really love such spots, nice bow facing viewing areas on the top decks, acoording to the deck plans, far more open deck space than Vision Class and an accessible heli-pad at the bow.

We sailed on Vision out of Tampa 3 years ago: Limited open deck space, I was a little upset about this, far too less sunloungers (the people laid on the floor!), IMHO the Windjammer was too small to cater for all the passengers and food quality and service were lacking.

We weren't happy with neither the hardware nor the software (I know, it's nothing you can blame the ship ITSELF), but nevertheless I'd say, Radiance Class would be a step forward. 

That's the reason why I am not happy to see Vision sailing out of San Juan instead of Jewel... 😞 

44 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

I was also thinking about Adventure as the possible ship to replace Serenade in FLL. That would allow my theory of Vision to Dubai and Jewel to NJ then San Juan. 

And with Explorer not heading to Melbourne as originally thought, I imagine she stays on the 9/5 nighters from Miami.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser