Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

RCI have started very early with port bookings for the summer 2020 European season.

Port bookings at Gibraltar confirm that Anthem of the Seas will be based out of Southampton for the summer season in 2020 along with Indy.

Jewel appears on May 5th and it is unclear if this is maybe a post dry dock re-entry to the MED or if the ship is heading out from the MED to another home port for summer of 2020.

As Brilliance is booked at both Grand Cayman in 2021 and has a September 2020 at Gibraltar it looks like she will stay on the same pattern with Amsterdam and then later a Barcelona mini-season.

Even with this early start it would seem that they are still booking Celebrity and some remaining Azamara before they really get serious with Royal port bookings.

Where can you look this up?

Azipods make that easy. I was referring to I think a Quantum ship leaving the shipyard via a river/canal. Going backwards may have reduced draft.

Probably the opposite of what needs to happen for clearing a bridge, but just shows they can accommodate obstacles.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Watched that show. Like all those behind the scenes and of course anything to do with Cruise ships...

Oasis class will likely do the same in Miami to the new A terminal as the turning basin would be tight.

Could be. Know size 1200/1500/1600ft of Basins it would fit in them, not by much at Fischer's. Also not sure if ships can use the whole Basin safely or Oasis Class going length of Channel(s). Anyone know? I remember they had to dredge ports for Oasis, lot of work was done to Nassau's channel including width to get them in...

Could be. Know size 1200/1500/1600ft of Basins it would fit in them, not by much at Fischer's. Also not sure if ships can use the whole Basin safely or Oasis Class going length of Channel(s). Anyone know? I remember they had to dredge ports for Oasis, lot of work was done to Nassau's channel including width to get them in...

Oasis class will turn next to Fisher Island like Container ships, they will not go down to the turning basin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Azipods make that easy. I was referring to I think a Quantum ship leaving the shipyard via a river/canal. Going backwards may have reduced draft.

Probably the opposite of what needs to happen for clearing a bridge, but just shows they can accommodate obstacles.

By going backwards the azipods pull more water under the ship, this slightly increases the depth of the river. Would not help under a bridge...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Has Allure of the Seas appeared in any port bookings to prove it is doing a Summer from Barcelona?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CruiseCal for Allure only shows through May 3, 2020 at Fort Lauderdale. Nothing past that is currently listed for Allure.

CruiseCal for Allure only shows through May 3, 2020 at Fort Lauderdale. Nothing past that is currently listed for Allure.

I am interested in a Holy Land cruise Fall 2020. Jewel is doing one for 2019. How likely is that she will do one in 2020.?Otherwise, Celebrity seems to do one every year. Of course, Celebrity is more but if RCL isnt doing one.

I am interested in a Holy Land cruise Fall 2020. Jewel is doing one for 2019. How likely is that she will do one in 2020.?Otherwise, Celebrity seems to do one every year. Of course, Celebrity is more but if RCL isnt doing one.

Those schedules will most likely be released in March / April of 2019

Very interested in keeping up with this thread. Hoping to do something out of NJ again in 2020 and Anthem is not popular in our house. A Freedom Class ship would be very welcome, but we're also hoping to keep Adventure another year and possibly do Canada.

Very interested in keeping up with this thread. Hoping to do something out of NJ again in 2020 and Anthem is not popular in our house. A Freedom Class ship would be very welcome, but we're also hoping to keep Adventure another year and possibly do Canada.

So sorry to hear that you do not like thAnthem I Love the Anthem and will miss her we are going in Oct. & then again in June

but are looking to do a cruise out of NJ in 2020.

I feel Royal will be releasing a lot more of the cruises before Christmas then they did last year.

It is virtually a way to print money for Royal with these non refundable deposits.

Did Australia have refundable deposits before?

Did Australia have refundable deposits before?

I did get a cruised fully refunded booked with Royal Caribbean Australia once. I did hear of other cases but they were few and far between them.

We hope to sail Anthem out of NJ late spring of 2020. Reading this, it seems that the April dates are the last. Is there a chance they will publish May dates , then TA to Southhampton? We would like to do the longer Bermuda-St Marteen- San Juan-Labadee route if possible. Is there a chance that the replacement ship will make that run in May?

Thanks!

We hope to sail Anthem out of NJ late spring of 2020. Reading this, it seems that the April dates are the last. Is there a chance they will publish May dates , then TA to Southhampton? We would like to do the longer Bermuda-St Marteen- San Juan-Labadee route if possible. Is there a chance that the replacement ship will make that run in May?

Thanks!

That 9 night sailing will more than likely be offered in May, but probably on whatever ship replaces Anthem.

Thanks!

When they repositioned Quantum a few years ago there was no cruise like that after April. I would not count on it for Anthem. Most TAs happen in late April or early May.

When they repositioned Quantum a few years ago there was no cruise like that after April. I would not count on it for Anthem.

There can't be any for Anthem - she has to go into drydock in April (5 yr anniversary from her debut).

When they repositioned Quantum a few years ago there was no cruise like that after April. I would not count on it for Anthem. Most TAs happen in late April or early May.

Didn't they bring Liberty of the Seas up to Cape Liberty when Quantum left before the debut of Anthem?

Port of Melbourne Australia is showing turn around for a booking in the name’Explorer of the Seas’ 20/21 season. October to April.

Wonder what ship you will be getting.

Port of Melbourne Australia is showing turn around for a booking in the name’Explorer of the Seas’ 20/21 season. October to April.

French Riviera is showing Explorer every other Monday during summer 2020.

This suggests she'll take over the 7 nighters from Rome that Jewel is doing in 2019 (also calling every other Monday).

Then heading to Australia.