Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

Doesn't Jewel have those solarium JS's?

Why would a true Park Cafe make a difference in sending Serenade to the west coast

I don't believe there are any Solarium JS staterooms on Jewel. Maybe you're thinking about the JS staterooms on deck 11 on Adventure, which are right next to the fitness center.

With regard to Park Cafe, I was just saying I'd rather cruise on Serenade than Jewel. I was not commending on ships going to the west coast.

I don't believe there are any Solarium JS staterooms on Jewel. Maybe you're thinking about the JS staterooms on deck 11 on Adventure, which are right next to the fitness center.

With regard to Park Cafe, I was just saying I'd rather cruise on Serenade than Jewel. I was not commending on ships going to the west coast.

Gotcha, I'd prefer Radiance since that's the one I haven't sailed yet

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Both could be possible.

That Serenade sails to Alaska and West Coast on 2020 makes certain sense, because Jewel is extremely likely to replace Serenade on her Northern Europe parts.

Serenade could either join Radiance and Ovation as a third ship or Radiance sails year-round from Australia.

I know there’s a circulating rumor about a year-round Australia deployment, maybe it becomes reality in 2020.

Seems we get a major shifting for some ships:

-Quantum 5: Cape Liberty

-Anthem: Southampton

-Allure: Barcelona

-Oasis: Galveston (?)

-Jewel: Copenhagen/Stockholm

-Serenade: Alaska and West Coast

-Radiance: Australia year round (???)

-Explorer: Civitavecchia

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And Explorer to Melbourne for a full season in 2020/21, spotted by springaussie...

http://www.vicports.vic.gov.au/cruise-shipping/Pages/cruise-ship-schedule-1.aspx

Of course it could be a placeholder for another ship, but I don't think Royal would bother concealing identity in this case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn't Ovation already add capacity

But capacity in Alaska is reduced because Explorer is apparently not returning in 2020. A second Radiance class ship would work well in Alaska with seasonal deployment to Brisbane. The annual TPs on Radiance always sell strongly too.

But capacity in Alaska is reduced because Explorer is apparently not returning in 2020. A second Radiance class ship would work well in Alaska with seasonal deployment to Brisbane. The annual TPs on Radiance always sell strongly too.

Ovation replaced Explorer. So Radiance and Ovation is more berths than Radiance and Explorer

And Explorer to Melbourne for a full season in 2020/21, spotted by springaussie...

http://www.vicports.vic.gov.au/cruise-shipping/Pages/cruise-ship-schedule-1.aspx

Of course it could be a placeholder for another ship, but I don't think Royal would bother concealing identity in this case.

RCI and X have set placeholders several times in the past, so in theory Explorer could be a placeholder here.

However it would still make sense if she came back to Australia in 2020/21.

After Europe she easily could do a Transsuez cruise via the Arabian World and India/Singapore down to Australia.

That would make sense.

Ovation replaced Explorer. So Radiance and Ovation is more berths than Radiance and Explorer

Yes, you're right.

However, the US economy is powering ahead and I think additional capacity (a third ship) would sell at good prices.

If they do what they did last year, the first batch will be released in November/December 2018. Remaining itineraries will be released in spring 2019.

According to a facebook page, wheee the admin is mostly well informed from authorized sources, the due date for the new 2020 deployment is November 2018 (I am sure the deployment list is meant), because until that time a decision is made if Oasis will be transferred to Galveston or not.

Why replace Serenade with Jewel? Virtually the same.

Galveston has had 3/5 Voyager Class ships -- Voyager, Mariner, and Navigator -- for at least one season since 2011. The feeling was that most passengers didn't know the ships were almost identical, they merely thought they were getting 3 different ships. You're assuming that most passengers have as much knowledge about cruising RCI as you do.:confused:

Highly unlikely that Royal would ever put just one ship in Alaska. :) It will be interesting to see what ships are scheduled for the 2020 season.

Galveston has had 3/5 Voyager Class ships -- Voyager, Mariner, and Navigator -- for at least one season since 2011. The feeling was that most passengers didn't know the ships were almost identical, they merely thought they were getting 3 different ships. You're assuming that most passengers have as much knowledge about cruising RCI as you do.:confused:

Highly unlikely that Royal would ever put just one ship in Alaska. :) It will be interesting to see what ships are scheduled for the 2020 season.

I was thinking more from Royals perspective.

Repo trips are often loss leaders, why move the same ship half way round the world.

No, there's no capacity loss in either 2019 or 2020, because EXPLORER (3800 passengers) is going to be replaced by OVATION in 2019 already (4800 passengers), Radiance (2500 passengers) stays.

So if Radiance is going to be replaced by Serenade (same size as Radiance) and Ovation returns to Alaska in 2020 (which is extremely likely, IMHO), there's no change at all in capacities.

If Serenade JOINS Radiance and Ovation, capacity would be added by Serenade which carries up to 2500 passengers.

Sorry to see Anthem go. Never seems to sell that well in the off months although they try to keep prices high. Prices for inside, OV, and balcony are always withing $50-$100 of each other.

We were planning on a family cruise fall 2020. Now, if they bring a brand new ship the prices will likely go up significantly. Bummer

I was at the local Cruise Fair in Belfast yday. The presentation was all about Symphony and Perfect Day which seems to attract a fee for nearly everyting. She also said there would be 10 new ships in the next 10 years.

I asked the RCI Lady when the 2020 dates will be released. She said that a brochure up to Spring 2020 has just been released so as far as she knew it would be Spring 2019. I pointed out that last year some sailings were released in November but she just said she hasnt heard anything to confirm this! I also asked her would RCI be returning to New Orleans and she said to keep an eye on the deployment next Spring.

RCI and X have set placeholders several times in the past, so in theory Explorer could be a placeholder here.

However it would still make sense if she came back to Australia in 2020/21.

After Europe she easily could do a Transsuez cruise via the Arabian World and India/Singapore down to Australia.

That would make sense.

Sydney Ports also has Explorer as coming back in 20/21

I was at the local Cruise Fair in Belfast yday. The presentation was all about Symphony and Perfect Day which seems to attract a fee for nearly everyting. She also said there would be 10 new ships in the next 10 years.

- 2 quantum ships (2019-2020)

- 3 oasis ships (2021-2023-2026)

- 4 icon ships (2022-2024-2025-2027)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Each year in October Radiance has been chartered for 7 day music cruises. Around 3 to 4 run each year in October. Sydney Ports are not showing any bookings for Royal that could make this possible in October 2020.

If Royal are running them maybe are going from Brisbane?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SpringAussie,

I have check Brisbane ports for October 2020 for Brisbane multi purpose Fisherman Island wharf and it is showing the Carnival ships loaded for the new BICT. I guess in coming weeks/months we will see the bookings for other lines.

Time will tell.

No Norwegian either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro