Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

Can we say that the Vision of the Seas in Brisbane is actually a placeholder instead? If its a placeholder, then what ship it actually is?

Vision may well be a placeholder. Perhaps the itineraries have been decided but Brisbane port is still negotiating with Royal on the specific ship.

I think the channel dredging in Cairns is relevant. Currently, tendering is required for ships larger than Vision class but once the channel dredging is done next year (assuming it does get done) they will be able to dock larger ships right in the city.

Mind you, Royal doesn't need to try very hard given Carnival's offering for Brisbane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vision may well be a placeholder. Perhaps the itineraries have been decided but Brisbane port is still negotiating with Royal on the specific ship.

I think the channel dredging in Cairns is relevant. Currently, tendering is required for ships larger than Vision class but once the channel dredging is done next year (assuming it does get done) they will be able to dock larger ships right in the city.

Mind you, Royal doesn't need to try very hard given Carnival's offering for Brisbane.

Vision can very well be a placeholder

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

If Royal don't bring one of their big guns it's a missed opportunity to steal a good chunk of the market especially as you say given Carnivals dismal offering:mad:.....and they need to make amends to the market here for the abysmal Legend of the Seas that they dumped on us for a season.......it was very obvious from her shabby condition, I cruised the inaugural Hong Kong to Brisbane cruise, that she was destined to leave the fleet...

Still got my fingers crossed for an Oasis class....... :hearteyes::hearteyes:

If Royal don't bring one of their big guns it's a missed opportunity to steal a good chunk of the market especially as you say given Carnivals dismal offering:mad:.....and they need to make amends to the market here for the abysmal Legend of the Seas that they dumped on us for a season.......it was very obvious from her shabby condition, I cruised the inaugural Hong Kong to Brisbane cruise, that she was destined to leave the fleet...

Still got my fingers crossed for an Oasis class....... [emoji813]eyes:[emoji813]eyes:

Everyone wants one. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

.......it was very obvious from her shabby condition, I cruised the inaugural Hong Kong to Brisbane cruise, that she was destined to leave the fleet...

:hearteyes::hearteyes:

Legend was not in a much different condition than the rest of the Vision class - read some of the Grandeur reviews.

Legend was not in a much different condition than the rest of the Vision class - read some of the Grandeur reviews.

I respectfully disagree. :) I last sailed on Legend in 2013, and it was in bad shape. This was after the revitalization. I swore I would never sail on her again. After 2013 I sailed on Rhapsody several times. What a difference, in a good way! Vision was also in much better condition, at least it was in 2013. I am sailing on her next month, so I can give you an update.

I am sailing on her next month, so I can give you an update.

There's no need. Generic terms to describe a ship are about as meaningful as food reviews. Some on here consider Oasis a rust bucket and think anything other than Symphony is old/outdated.

I have preferences in terms of the types of ships I prefer to sail due to the layout and amenities offered, but I have every confidence that Royal maintain their ships and I am certainly yet to see one that looks tired (except for EX in 2012, but she was well maintained, just in need of a refurb).

I have finally decided on a 9 night Greek Isles cruise in May 2021 & know I have at least a year before I can book I just hope they continue the itinerary & with Jewel (or same class). Love Radiance class!!

There's no need. Generic terms to describe a ship are about as meaningful as food reviews. Some on here consider Oasis a rust bucket and think anything other than Symphony is old/outdated.
Don't think Oasis is a "Rust Bucket". Just think there are too many fleas on the dog.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You don't have to have too much business nous to know that when you want to impress and steal business away in a new area you don't deliver dregs to the punters... she was in a sad state.....full stop:mad:

They didn't deliver Rhapsody of the Seas in 2007 like that but then again they were trying to impress as they were the new kids on the block and that they did... the inaugural cruise from Honolulu to Sydney was fabulous....we also did Voyager and Explorers first cruises into Australia neither of these were presented in such a way.......as I said it was clear from her condition that Legend was not staying in the fleet they were playing for time... As for the now renamed lovely little Marella Discovery 2 it's great to see some love has been given back to her.........

Btw I sent my thoughts backed up with photos of the Legend to the big head office, not of course expecting anything back, and low and behold got a lovely reply, apology and some OBC for my next cruise....:'):'):')

The Serenade was in excellent shape and was a good. Hoover for the Baltic. I hope she continues that route.

Serenade recently appeared in the Astoria port calendar, on May 26 and Sep 28, 2020. Looks like she is headed to Alaska.

She could then be headed to Australia in 2020/21, if that second port entry is for a Pacific coastal and not a repo to the Caribbean.

Serenade recently appeared in the Astoria port calendar, on May 26 and Sep 28, 2020. Looks like she is headed to Alaska.

She could then be headed to Australia in 2020/21, if that second port entry is for a Pacific coastal and not a repo to the Caribbean.

I wonder if she is taking the place of Radiance or adding to Royal's Alaska ships.

You don't have to have too much business nous to know that when you want to impress and steal business away in a new area you don't deliver dregs to the punters... she was in a sad state.....full stop:mad:

They didn't deliver Rhapsody of the Seas in 2007 like that but then again they were trying to impress as they were the new kids on the block and that they did... the inaugural cruise from Honolulu to Sydney was fabulous....we also did Voyager and Explorers first cruises into Australia neither of these were presented in such a way.......as I said it was clear from her condition that Legend was not staying in the fleet they were playing for time... As for the now renamed lovely little Marella Discovery 2 it's great to see some love has been given back to her.........

Btw I sent my thoughts backed up with photos of the Legend to the big head office, not of course expecting anything back, and low and behold got a lovely reply, apology and some OBC for my next cruise....:'):'):')

We did the first leg of the Legend repo, from San Diego to Honolulu and I agree that Legend wasn't up to scratch. Itinerary was great though.

Vision is in dry dock next month but it's only 10 days, so I wouldn't expect much in the way of refurbishment.

Hopefully Brisbane will get Serenade instead.