Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

On 7/27/2018 at 9:06 AM, travelgoddess1 said:

Having sailed out of Galveston numerous times, I question the town's ability to absorb any more passengers on departure/arrival day for the cruise ships. The port might be ready, but the town itself, IMO, is not. Support services like taxis have been at a premium -- hit or miss -- for a long time. When you factor in the intermittent fog from December-March, it does not create a pleasant experience.

Speaking from personal experience.:rolleyes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Galveston Island is already a major tourist destination,                                                                                         with ample tourist infrastructure support.

Galveston is known for its rich vibrant history as well as its strong commitment to building a better future. The Island hosts over 7 million visitors a year who are attracted to the same features that brought visitors over a 100 years ago – the Island’s natural beauty, nature tourism activities, many large festivals, first-class hotels and restaurants, arts & cultural activities, historical museums and fantastic recreational attractions.

Galveston has 32 miles of beach and has two first class convention centers.                                                  Harborside beautification improvements and new ingress/egress project with terminals has begun. A new multi-story parking garage is being built for terminals #1 &#2 .  The Highway system between Houston and Galveston is under massive expansion and partially completed. . Cruise passenger transfers between Houston and Galveston have greatly improved with better cruise line's transfer services and with other private companies. Houston has two international airports. The movement of ships issue during fog is somewhat resolved now from litigation between the Cruise Lines and the Pilots.    

The Port of Galveston is home to three year-round Carnival Cruise Line ships including the new Vista , one year-round Royal Caribbean ship, one seasonal Royal Caribbean ship and a seasonal Disney Cruise Line ship.                                            

The Port of Galveston is located strategically right on the Gulf of Mexico.. Also with Galveston being at doorstep of the expansive market place of the entire midwest corridor of US , and with Houston soon to be the 3rd largest city ,and with 5 of the 15th fastest growing cities in the US in TEXAS, Royal Caribbean in order to keep up with competition,  needs to home port a jazzier larger ship,   and another smaller ship on Galveston Island.

Edited by ssb

15 hours ago, js4rq said:

Saw this on Facebook.

Exciting stuff!!!

2AE61A2D-0ECC-4D29-9CE3-BE7E45DDFAE0.jpeg

Thanks for sharing.  

If this comes to fruition, it is more likely that the current Brisbane port entries in the name of Voyager of the Seas are the placeholder for Quantum.  The entries are Dec 24, Jan 2, Jan 10 and Jan 20.  

If Quantum comes this far, I expect she'd also drop into Sydney for some cruises.  Royal holds some extra entries in the Sydney ports calendar that could be used for this purpose.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ssb said:

The Port of Galveston is located strategically right on the Gulf of Mexico..  Royal Caribbean in order to keep up with competition,  needs to home port a jazzier larger ship,   and another smaller ship on Galveston Island.

Somewhat limited itineraries to invest an Oasis ship.  

Liberty's current itineraries. 

itinerary_300x225_.png

Grand Cayman no good.

Maybe swap Costa Maya for Grand Cayman.  It might be to big a leg.

itinerary_300x225_.png

itinerary_300x225_.png

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

Thanks for sharing.  

If this comes to fruition, it is more likely that the current Brisbane port entries in the name of Voyager of the Seas are the placeholder for Quantum.  The entries are Dec 24, Jan 2, Jan 10 and Jan 20.  

If Quantum comes this far, I expect she'd also drop into Sydney for some cruises.  Royal holds some extra entries in the Sydney ports calendar that could be used for this purpose.  

Interesting...I had a waiter on Harmony tell me in September 2017 that Allure would be going to China.  He said he's been on every ship that has transitioned from the US to China since RCCL first started sending them there, and he would be joining Allure when she goes.  So if that FB post is true...that may make what this waiter told us be true as well...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, blueboys24 said:

You were too quick was going to post the above haha glad im not the only one counting down.

Im still in a situation on what will be coming to uk and then if I book something not doubt when the other

Europe itineraries gets released im hoping it isn't a better ship or better ports. Oh well 1st world problems I guess.

Oh goody,  what’s the odds that we’ll be getting Independence ...again?!

Fingers crossed for Anthem. 

Thanks for posting about the option to sign up. Done  

42 minutes ago, little britain said:

I guess it will be Anthem and a Voyager Class Ship in Southampton...I heard somewhere possibly Adventure. They wouldn't need a Freedom.Class and a Quantum Class from UK. I just wish they offered more 5 night cruises from UK but not at stupid prices!

7 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Oh, and the Brisbane port entries for Vision could still be placeholders for yet another ship. 

I hope it will be Vision as I would like to do the Spice Route on her.

4 hours ago, little britain said:

Wasn't Indy redesigned for the British market during her last makeover?  Responses to surveys and such.

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Somewhat limited itineraries to invest an Oasis ship.  

Liberty's current itineraries. 

itinerary_300x225_.png

Grand Cayman no good.

Maybe swap Costa Maya for Grand Cayman.  It might be to big a leg.

itinerary_300x225_.png

itinerary_300x225_.png

There is a large untapped marketplace for cruising  . Roatan and Costa Maya are building new facilities for larger and more ships . Carnival is going to east from Galveston . If you live on east coast ,  how many times can you go to Nassau , St Thomas , St Martins etc . We live in Galveston and have done a few times the Eastern and Southern Caribbean  . We are tired of the Eastetn Caribbean as much the Western Caribbean . But we will take it for just for getaways . 

No different than going to the hill country for a getaway.  Heck we love Galveston. It’s a destination with much to do . Anyway generally it’s  all relative to who you with , not necessarily where you are at. 

Edited by ssb

47 minutes ago, ssb said:

There is a large untapped marketplace for cruising  . Roatan and Costa Maya are building new facilities for larger and more ships . Carnival is going to east from Galveston . If you live on east coast ,  how many times can you go to Nassau , St Thomas , St Martins etc . We live in Galveston and have done a few times the Eastern and Southern Caribbean  . We are tired of the Eastetn Caribbean as much the Western Caribbean . But we will take it for just for getaways . 

No different than going to the hill country for a getaway.  Heck we love Galveston. It’s a destination with much to do . Anyway generally it’s  all relative to who you with , not necessarily where you are at. 

Now that retired, I'm sure we'll travel to Galveston for Liberty, and possibly Oasis at some point.  Like you said friends are there, and we've never sailed Liberty.  No doubt an underserved market, but so is SoCal.

As far as FL, literally 5 -10 times more choices currently. Really not sure what the range of Liberty is on a 7 day, but I know it's limited.  If you go longer cruises, your market dwindles.  Same with shorter. Can you do a 3/4 rotation out of Galveston?

Actually sailed out of Galveston in 2005.  Hop on point for our first TA.  Galaxy to Rome.  Great cruise. No recollection of Galveston though.  Sailed day of and got there via Celebrity bus transfer from Bush. 

As far as potential markets, Galveston and Cape Canaveral are eerily similar.

Population within 500 miles of Galveston - 43 million, workforce 20 million

Population within 500 miles of Cape Canaveral 42 million, workforce 20 million

Edited by John&LaLa

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Now that retired, I'm sure we'll travel to Galveston for Liberty, and possibly Oasis at some point.  Like you said friends are there, and we've never sailed Liberty.  No doubt an underserved market, but so is SoCal.

As far as FL, literally 5 -10 times more choices currently. Really not sure what the range of Liberty is on a 7 day, but I know it's limited.  If you go longer cruises, your market dwindles.  Same with shorter. Can you do a 3/4 rotation out of Galveston?

Actually sailed out of Galveston in 2005.  Hop on point for our first TA.  Galaxy to Rome.  Great cruise. No recollection of Galveston though.  Sailed day of and got there via Celebrity bus transfer from Bush. 

As far as potential markets, Galveston and Cape Canaveral are eerily similar.

Population within 500 miles of Galveston - 43 million, workforce 20 million

Population within 500 miles of Cape Canaveral 42 million, workforce 20 million                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Edited by ssb