Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

10 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

We also just booked this one, also in a GS. The Brilliance TA was a little to expensive for me, plus having the Suite Lounge and CK for 2 weeks will be awesome. 

mac_tlc

I've already opened a Roll Call.  Come on over!  We've already started chatting there.

28 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Yup, I’m expecting that. Seems like their plan on the Symphony TA vastly improved conditions compared to the Presidents cruise. 

We like the Suite lounge outside of the 5-8pm time anyway. Most of the nights we want CK will be reserved as soon as the concierge contacts us!

mac_tlc

My thinking, too.  I would rather use the SL when not as crowded.  We plan on dining in CK, too.  I plan on using as many of the suite perks as I can since this might be the only time I ever have a GS.

6 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Maybe Allure and Explorer will not have a revenue TA?

There is no cruises for Explorer from the middle of April 2020 til the end of May🤔

Nothing for Allure in March and April 2020...😥

I'm wondering if that Allure March TA glitch was indeed a glitch.  There has been talk for quite some time that the spring "TA" would be a non-revenue trip to prep the ship for dry dock.

Just now, Teeara said:

I'm wondering if that Allure March TA glitch was indeed a glitch.  There has been talk for quite some time that the spring "TA" would be a non-revenue trip to prep the ship for dry dock.

Right now, you can see an entry for 3/1/2020 for a 12 night cruise for Allure,  but you can’t see any itinerary or cabin info. Less info than a few days ago, but there appears to be something there. Maybe they are still working on the details. 

mac_tlc

6 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Right now, you can see an entry for 3/1/2020 for a 12 night cruise for Allure,  but you can’t see any itinerary or cabin info. Less info than a few days ago, but there appears to be something there. Maybe they are still working on the details. 

mac_tlc

That is funny....when I pull up the old link I saved for this TA it says:

14 NIGHT SPANISH TRANSATLANTIC CRUISE ADVENTURE STARTS HERE

Fort Lauderdale , Florida | La Palma , Canary Islands | Seville (Cadiz) , Spain | Málaga , Spain | Barcelona , Spain

🤔

1 hour ago, ATG said:

We booked the 9/27/20 Quebec to Bayonne cruise on the big box TA site.  It doesn’t show up on RC’s site, but my cruise is showing up in my reservations.  That’s weird.

They pulled it off line yesterday and made a change for the previous cruise.  The previous cruise was originally 9 nights, and they changed it to 10 nights, so the 9/27/20 will most likely be 9/28/20 to ????

Anybody know when cruises in November 2020 for Enchantment of the Seas will be available for booking? We'd like mid November, and October 30 is the last one that has been added. I've been checking the RCI site daily as we are trying to coordinate a cruise with multiple families and would like to book as soon as we are able. Thank you!

Edited by jgflores

9 minutes ago, jgflores said:

Anybody know when cruises in November 2020 for Enchantment of the Seas will be available for booking? We'd like mid November, and October 30 is the last one that has been added. I've been checking the RCI site daily as we are trying to coordinate a cruise with multiple families and would like to book as soon as we are able. Thank you!

Keep watchihg this thread, could be in the next couple of weeks, or next Spring.

8 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Maybe Allure and Explorer will not have a revenue TA?

There is no cruises for Explorer from the middle of April 2020 til the end of May🤔

Nothing for Allure in March and April 2020...😥

Could be a new time slot for Explorer dry dock, first indication was March into early April 20, maybe postponed.

5 minutes ago, jdg623 said:

We are considering a fall 2020 TA on the "southern" route - either Explorer or Allure. What will the weather be like? We're considering an aft - would we be able to enjoy the balcony?

Very different weather that kind of the year the Symphony TA this year was not very good to enjoy the sun....check the reports on it...

In general we have had about 3 days of BAD weather on any of our TA's...so you get a 11 day cruise but spend 14 nights on the ship...:classic_wacko:

20 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Stick to the southern route for your first TA on a bigger ship. Don't pay more than $300 per day for the cabin.

True on one hand. On the other hand, after 12 cruises I think I'm ready to dare it...

The southern route might be more smooth, but it doesn't really sound exciting to

be 5-7 days without seeing any land. Then I honestly prefer the northern route

where the destinations are amazing.

The current price on the Brilliance TA is around 250$ pp and day, which seems

fair compared to the current pricing in Europe. At the moment it's hard to find

ANY cruise in Europe in summer 2020 that is cheaper than 300$ for a balcony

cabin. The only exception is the "boring" 7-day round-trip from Barcelona that is

done like 25 times in a row.

56 minutes ago, jdg623 said:

We are considering a fall 2020 TA on the "southern" route - either Explorer or Allure. What will the weather be like? We're considering an aft - would we be able to enjoy the balcony?

Weather can vary greatly day to day.  Might be sunny and in the 70's when you get past the Canaries.  Might be rainy, overcast, and cool too.  Aft balcony would be good as there is a large overhang in case of rain.

8 minutes ago, andreasfcb said:

The southern route might be more smooth, but it doesn't really sound exciting to

be 5-7 days without seeing any land. Then I honestly prefer the northern route

where the destinations are amazing.

The current price on the Brilliance TA is around 250$ pp and day, which seems

fair compared to the current pricing in Europe.

If seeing land is a priority, the Brilliance TA is the only one and book that fast as prices are likely to go up from here.

4 minutes ago, jdg623 said:

Thanks! One other question - does anyone know if the Allure will be getting an Abyss during her next drydock? On that class ship we like the BW cabins but wouldn't want to stare at that slide for 2 weeks!😝

Most likely.

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:
15 minutes ago, jdg623 said:

Thanks! One other question - does anyone know if the Allure will be getting an Abyss during her next drydock? On that class ship we like the BW cabins but wouldn't want to stare at that slide for 2 weeks!😝

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Most likely.

Thanks - you helped us dodge that bullet, we won't be booking a BW cabin, tho still considering that sailing. Decisions decisions...  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iluvit! said:

What’s up with the non- refundable deposits on European cruises? I’m tempted to book for 2020, but a $500 penalty is a bit severe. 

If you book a Junior Suite or below, you have the option to get refundable deposit.

12 minutes ago, iluvit! said:

What’s up with the non- refundable deposits on European cruises? I’m tempted to book for 2020, but a $500 penalty is a bit severe. 

The penalty is $100 pp for a changed cruise or cancellation. The rest of the deposit amount is available to apply to a future cruise: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/booking-cancellation-refund-policy

Non-Refundable Deposit Fares

Outside of final payment, when a non-refundable deposit cancellation occurs, you will receive a Future Cruise Certificate in the amount of their designated cruise deposit, less a $100 per guest change fee. Such Future Cruise Certificates can be applied towards your future Royal Caribbean cruise vacation when reserved within 1 year of the issue date. Thereafter, the Future Cruise Certificate will expire and becomes invalid.

Edited by NancyIL

1 hour ago, iluvit! said:

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

If you book a Junior Suite or below, you have the option to get refundable deposit.

1 hour ago, NancyIL said:

The penalty is $100 pp for a changed cruise or cancellation. The rest of the deposit amount is available to apply to a future cruise: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/booking-cancellation-refund-policy

Non-Refundable Deposit Fares

Outside of final payment, when a non-refundable deposit cancellation occurs, you will receive a Future Cruise Certificate in the amount of their designated cruise deposit, less a $100 per guest change fee. Such Future Cruise Certificates can be applied towards your future Royal Caribbean cruise vacation when reserved within 1 year of the issue date. Thereafter, the Future Cruise Certificate will expire and becomes invalid.

I think the issue is the additional cost in terms of the cruise fare for a refundable deposit compared to a non-refundable.  We would have liked to book the Brilliance TA for 9/2020 with a refundable deposit. We really can't predict if we can go or not yet. However the cost of the refundable was over $500 more than the non-refundable. Normally I would take the risk to save the money but this time there is just too much uncertainty.

On 12/18/2018 at 7:40 AM, mac_tlc said:

A couple of days ago the Allure eastbound TA itinerary was visible on the TA site. Left 3/1/2020, twelve days. Could not book it, but it was visible. 

mac_tlc

The spring TA itinerary is visible again, but not able to book. Shows as 12 nights.  Leaves FLL 3/1/2020, nine sea days, Malaga Spain on 3/11/20, sea day, arrive Barcelona 3/13/2020.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc