Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

On 3/14/2019 at 10:28 PM, John&LaLa said:

I'll check back November 2020😁

We're looking at the Panama Canal cruise on Rhapsody in 2021 as well to celebrate Tom's retirement and missed it when first published. Prices are pretty high right now with a hefty deposit too! We will be on the Harmony in October and wondering if booking it while on-board might save us some coin and possibly lessen the deposit? Then, will be on Rhapsody next February but in the Caribbean. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Edited by SilkySal
add

19 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

We're looking at the Panama Canal cruise on Rhapsody in 2021 as well to celebrate Tom's retirement and missed it when first published. Prices are pretty high right now with a hefty deposit too! We will be on the Harmony in October and wondering if booking it while on-board might save us some coin and possibly lessen the deposit? Then, will be on Rhapsody next February but in the Caribbean. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I held a room when I saw that itinerary pop up. You are right prices are very high right now. I have a feeling this sailing will just keep increasing in price though so by the time you book on harmony the price might have increased a lot. But you would get a reduced deposit if you waited. 

11 minutes ago, ajklaw123 said:

I held a room when I saw that itinerary pop up. You are right prices are very high right now. I have a feeling this sailing will just keep increasing in price though so by the time you book on harmony the price might have increased a lot. But you would get a reduced deposit if you waited. 

That's what I'm thinking too but DH wants to wait until October when he'll know his exact retirement date. I prefer booking when itineraries are first announced but the Rhapsody (for some odd reason) did not pop up when I put Panama Canal in as my destination. I only found it when I saw the posts on CC and, by then, it was already too late!😞 I just went back to RCCL's site and put Panama Canal as the destination and the Rhapsody cruise still doesn't show up. I have to specifically name the Rhapsody to see it! Why is that?

Edited by SilkySal
add

3 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

That's what I'm thinking too but DH wants to wait until October when he'll know his exact retirement date. I prefer booking when itineraries are first announced but the Rhapsody (for some odd reason) did not pop up when I put Panama Canal in as my destination. I only found it when I saw the posts on CC and, by then, it was already too late! I snoozed and lost!😞

Don't know what type of cabin you are looking at but there were only 6 balcony cabins left a couple of days ago and I just looked and there is only 1 left as of now.  Did not check other categories

20 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

SIAP... can anyone assist? We’re looking to book a cruise the Greek Isle and trying to find out the release dates of the 2021 schedule. Typically speaking, when can one expect Royal to release these cruise dates? 

TIA ! 

Around December 19

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Don't know what type of cabin you are looking at but there were only 6 balcony cabins left a couple of days ago and I just looked and there is only 1 left as of now.  Did not check other categories

Yes, I saw the one balcony cabin left but DH wants to go cheaper with a window. He'd be happy with an inside but I draw the line there. I feel a need to at least see outside my cabin!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

That's what I'm thinking too but DH wants to wait until October when he'll know his exact retirement date. I prefer booking when itineraries are first announced but the Rhapsody (for some odd reason) did not pop up when I put Panama Canal in as my destination. I only found it when I saw the posts on CC and, by then, it was already too late!😞 I just went back to RCCL's site and put Panama Canal as the destination and the Rhapsody cruise still doesn't show up. I have to specifically name the Rhapsody to see it! Why is that?

I'm not sure why they did that but it seems they placed it under Caribbean. Right now I have hold of a suite without a deposit, but it's $8500. So I will probably drop it and just get the group rate for a oceanview. 

24 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Yes, I saw the one balcony cabin left but DH wants to go cheaper with a window. He'd be happy with an inside but I draw the line there. I feel a need to at least see outside my cabin!

There's multiple balcony cabins left, however it may not be visible on royals site. 

3 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

SIAP... can anyone assist? We’re looking to book a cruise the Greek Isle and trying to find out the release dates of the 2021 schedule. Typically speaking, when can one expect Royal to release these cruise dates? 

TIA ! 

i am also anxiously awaiting to book Greek Isles in 2021. I've been following this thread for a year and Nov/Dec seems to be usual release dates. Prices were better in January with more OBC than when the 2020 dates were first released & prices have already gone up ( just trying to p!an for 2021).

22 hours ago, ajklaw123 said:

I'm not sure why they did that but it seems they placed it under Caribbean. Right now I have hold of a suite without a deposit, but it's $8500. So I will probably drop it and just get the group rate for a oceanview. 

Thanks for posting this, as I was looking under "Panama Canal" - silly me! So...lots of people are all excited about this 11-night cruise that's only a partial transit? 

23 hours ago, ajklaw123 said:

1 hour ago, NancyIL said:

Thanks for posting this, as I was looking under "Panama Canal" - silly me! So...lots of people are all excited about this 11-night cruise that's only a partial transit? 

If you are booked on this cruise, here is the Rollcall that I started a few days ago:

2 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Yes for me because it involves no airfare. I get to pass through the canal and I don't have to fly anywhere to do it. Also we live in Tampa so this is extremely convenient. 

10 minutes ago, ajklaw123 said:

Yes for me because it involves no airfare. I get to pass through the canal and I don't have to fly anywhere to do it. Also we live in Tampa so this is extremely convenient. 

I can see why this itinerary would be especially popular with Floridians.

I really enjoyed my Port Canaveral to San Diego PC cruise on Disney last April, and would like to do an eastbound PC cruise some day.

Edited by NancyIL

8 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

OK, so I should expect 2021 release date for the Greek Isles to be around Dec, mid Decspecifically. Correct?

You never know with Royal.  Could be anytime between December and the following April.

5 hours ago, springaussie said:

The Brisbane “Courier Mail” newspaper quotes Royal CEO Australia in saying  ‘Radiance of the Seas will be the ship based in Brisbane for the 20/21 season at the new Brisbane Cruise Terminal.’

What took them soooo long..... we worked that out ages ago... 🙊🙉🙈🤭   Somethings better than nothing we'll take her 😉 

Fingers crossed for a 2021 Oasis ship .............please Mr R.

Edited by badgerbill
addition

7 hours ago, springaussie said:

The Brisbane “Courier Mail” newspaper quotes Royal CEO Australia in saying  ‘Radiance of the Seas will be the ship based in Brisbane for the 20/21 season at the new Brisbane Cruise Terminal.’

No surprise, but good to hear.  Does anyone have details of updates to be done during Radiance' drydock?  New restaurants?  Stateroom updates?  

Assuming Radiance returns to Alaska after the 2020-21 season, she could take a more northerly route than the ships crossing the Pacific from Sydney.  This would be shorter than going via NZ.  Samoa and Tonga are both on the way from Brisbane to Hawaii for example.  

Serenade homeporting in Sydney is almost a certainty now.  

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

No surprise, but good to hear.  Does anyone have details of updates to be done during Radiance' drydock?  New restaurants?  Stateroom updates?  

Assuming Radiance returns to Alaska after the 2020-21 season, she could take a more northerly route than the ships crossing the Pacific from Sydney.  This would be shorter than going via NZ.  Samoa and Tonga are both on the way from Brisbane to Hawaii for example.  

Serenade homeporting in Sydney is almost a certainty now.  

Or maybe they'll even send another Quantum Class Down Under.

8 hours ago, DDG 41 said:

Or maybe they'll even send another Quantum Class Down Under.

They could send all the Oasis class down to Australia and use them for a new reef??

No....that wouldn't work as it would raise prices on my preferred smaller ships.😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1