Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure Mariner was the only new Royal ship Pt Canaveral ever got. It makes sense to put new ships in Florida.  It is by a huge margin the cruise capital of the world.

Of course.

I forgot to put the winky face to indicate I was only joking.  But don't forget Navigator went to Miami. That's still part of  Florida, right?

6 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

It would be a quicker flight for everyone west of the Mississippi.....

OK - Fair enough.

That said, I'm perfectly fine with an Oasis Class going to Galveston as long as we get Liberty back. Freedom is probably committed to San Juan for the foreseeable future, and Indy is likely to spend the rest of her life going between Southampton and FLL so it would be good to see Liberty somewhere different.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

17 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Of course.

I forgot to put the winky face to indicate I was only joking.  But don't forget Navigator went to Miami. That's still part of  Florida, right?

Pt Canaveral does get the new Disney ships. 😉

Carnival new Mega ship is coming here as well. So guess what, lots of new hotels, larger rental facilities, more traffic, etc...

As a local, success kinda sux. 😥

51 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

New Orleans is a port that they've tried several times but it never works out. The demand isn't in NOLA at all.

That's too bad..I would love at this point to sail from there...guess I missed the boat.

1 hour ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

New Orleans is a port that they've tried several times but it never works out. The demand isn't in NOLA at all.

It's not "Demand" - the ships are full all the time.

The problem is the RIVER.  They are constantly having problems going down the River for 8 hours before you reach the gulf (and back again).  Fog, wrecked barges, traffic, etc.

They had talked about building another terminal/pier a lot further south, but nothing has ever happened.

Edited by DHADEN
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DHADEN said:

The problem is the RIVER.  They are constantly having problems going down the River for 8 hours before you reach the gulf (and back again).  Fog, wrecked barges, traffic, etc.

They had talked about building another terminal/pier a lot further south, but nothing has ever happened.

Fog doesn't deter them from putting ships in Tampa.😉

35 minutes ago, DHADEN said:

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The only "wrecked barge" in Tampa is the Carnival Paradise

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

It's a straight shot into the Bay of Tampa;  have you ever been up or down the Mississippi?  It's like a drunk snake.😉

1 hour ago, Beachammo said:

The only "wrecked barge" in Tampa is the Carnival Paradise

LOL!!😁

2 hours ago, DHADEN said:

It's a straight shot into the Bay of Tampa;  have you ever been up or down the Mississippi?  It's like a drunk snake.😉

LOL!!😁

Carnival twice. They used to interport with Tampa. It was fun.

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Pt Canaveral does get the new Disney ships. 😉

Carnival new Mega ship is coming here as well. So guess what, lots of new hotels, larger rental facilities, more traffic, etc...

As a local, success kinda sux. 😥

Sheesh!  You should have lived here in the seventies!  Just a sleepy fishing Port.  It was wonderful!

• Haha 1

On 3/28/2019 at 11:32 AM, HBE4 said:

I'm not sure which more accessible port you are referring to but there are 2 more Oasis-class ships in the works.  Oasis #5 will be ready in spring 2021, just a few months before Galveston is ready to receive an Oasis ship. So that timing works.

Have they announced where Oasis#5 will go?

No, but an Oasis Class ship wiIl be in Galveston fall 2021 , so it's in the realm  of possibility considering the timing . .

16 minutes ago, ssb said:

No, but an Oasis Class ship wiIl be in Galveston fall 2021 , so it's in the realm  of possibility considering the timing . .

Here’s my guess: Harmony goes to Barcelona for the summer (as it’s time for her dry dock) then to Galveston in the fall. Oasis 5 goes straight to either PC or Miami in the spring, and the other ships shuffle around. 

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

On 3/28/2019 at 11:34 AM, CruisingJoe09 said:

Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Bayonne are all much more accessible in the USA as they are near airports and large cities. Even Port Canaveral is closer to an airport than Galveston is.

My guess is that Harmony will go to Galveston after her 2021 drydock leaving Port Canaveral open for Symphony and Miami for Oasis 5. Just a guess though.

Houston Hobby Airport (a major Southwest airport and others) is same distance to Galveston

as Port Canaveral distance is to Orlando !

27 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Here’s my guess: Harmony goes to Barcelona for the summer (as it’s time for her dry dock) then to Galveston in the fall. Oasis 5 goes straight to either PC or Miami in the spring, and the other ships shuffle around. 

I see this as well, although Oasis 5 might do some brief inaugurals in Europe while Harmony is in drydock (just like how Ovation did about 3 weeks of sailings from Southampton before heading to China).

Edited by CruisingJoe09

35 minutes ago, ssb said:

Houston Hobby Airport (a major Southwest airport and others) is same distance to Galveston

I read that the 737 Max problems are severely impacting SW now. 

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I read that the 737 Max problems are severely impacting SW now. 

I can imagine for sure ! And as the world turns ! 

Glad a problem has been identified, and Boeing is working on it for all of us !

Prayers !

Edited by ssb
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ssb said:

Not really a large airport - only 4 airlines. And Orlando has the parks to attract guests from abroad. Whilst Galveston is a good port for Southerners, it just isn't ideal if you're not from the States.

That said, no idea how I'm going to get from Scotland to Port Canaveral this summer.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

3 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Not really a large airport - only 4 airlines. And Orlando has the parks to attract guests from abroad. Whilst Galveston is a good port for Southerners, it just isn't ideal if you're not from the States.

That said, no idea how I'm going to get from Scotland to Port Canaveral this summer.

Don't book WOW

38 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Whilst Galveston is a good port for Southerners, it just isn't ideal if you're not from the States.

As a Southerner, I don't find Galveston convenient for a cruise either.  :classic_smile: