Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

15 minutes ago, londongal796 said:

Apologies if there has been some recent chatter on this but it's hard to search back through posts on certain topics because people's signatures etc flag up with the search term -- basically I'm wondering what's happening with Quantum in 2021. I can see from the deployment summary flyer that Quantum will be doing 4/5/7 night cruises out of Singapore; however, nothing is available to book yet. We're probably going to be doing the Singapore to Tokyo cruise on Ovation but I'm hoping we might be able to tack on a semi-B2B with Quantum out of Singapore around the same time. (I have been reading, with appreciation, all of your comments on the 'immersion' cruise element and concerns re: drydock situation, but it still is very tempting for the price, ship, and itinerary!). Any info is appreciated.

Quantum will undergo dry dock in the 3rd/4th quarter of this year before starting her first 6 month season in Singapore, so I don't think it will be an issue in 2021. As for the itineraries, your guess is as good as mine at this point in time. One of the 4/5 night itineraries will probably coincide better with your Singapore - Tokyo leg, seeing as that is the most popular and most offered type in the region.

10 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Quantum will undergo dry dock in the 3rd/4th quarter of this year before starting her first 6 month season in Singapore, so I don't think it will be an issue in 2021. As for the itineraries, your guess is as good as mine at this point in time. One of the 4/5 night itineraries will probably coincide better with your Singapore - Tokyo leg, seeing as that is the most popular and most offered type in the region.

Thanks for this -- I appreciate your thoughts. I am mostly wondering why Quantum's sailings into the start of 2021 haven't appeared, as according to the deployment list these were due to go out w/b May 20th. 🙂

2 hours ago, londongal796 said:

Thanks for this -- I appreciate your thoughts. I am mostly wondering why Quantum's sailings into the start of 2021 haven't appeared, as according to the deployment list these were due to go out w/b May 20th. 🙂

Quantum and Cuban itineraries seem to lag the regular schedule - that's been the norm for the past few years.

4 hours ago, londongal796 said:

I wnoder if the trade skirmish between US and China has prompted Royal to re-consider  the deployment in China.   

6 hours ago, londongal796 said:

Perhaps they could be finalizing ports for Quantum? Never know, they could offer new ports of call, especially with other cruise lines exploring nearby under-utilized areas. Or.... they are just slow!

19 hours ago, londongal796 said:

We're probably going to be doing the Singapore to Tokyo cruise on Ovation but I'm hoping we might be able to tack on a semi-B2B with Quantum out of Singapore around the same time.

I am hoping to do the same type of B2B.  My oldest daughter wants to go to Singapore but doesn’t have enough vacation days to join my husband and me for the Singapore-Tokyo Cruise, so I’d like to take her on a short cruise just before that one. Wish RCI would get on with it instead of dribbling out Asian sailings. 

On 6/1/2019 at 2:45 PM, steveru621 said:

Where are you getting these numbers from?

We had a repositioning (Jewel, Rome to San Juan) cruise canceled and ended up with nothing.

Hi, Steve. We were also on the cancelled Jewel TA, but accepted RCI’s offer of the same base price for the same cabin category on the Brilliance TA - plus some OBC. As I recall - there were no cabins available in the same category on Brilliance for you to move to. 

On 6/1/2019 at 1:48 PM, Tree_skier said:

Does anyone know when the Hawaii itineraries for Sept. 2021 get released?

On 6/1/2019 at 3:39 PM, Host Clarea said:

Probably sometime between Dec 2019 and April 2020.

Royal hasn't opened Hawaii for May, 2021, yet, either, and is not predicted to do so until they release Alaska, 2021 sailings. 

4 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Hi, Steve. We were also on the cancelled Jewel TA, but accepted RCI’s offer of the same base price for the same cabin category on the Brilliance TA - plus some OBC. As I recall - there were no cabins available in the same category on Brilliance for you to move to. 

Ahhh, now I remember.  Was supposed to be our first GS.

Hope to see you again!

On 6/3/2019 at 4:57 PM, londongal796 said:

We're probably going to be doing the Singapore to Tokyo cruise on Ovation but I'm hoping we might be able to tack on a semi-B2B with Quantum out of Singapore around the same time. 

Your wish is granted. Ovation Of The Seas will be meeting with Quantum Of The Seas in Singapore on 4 April 2021 and 25 April 2021. 

You can do a short Quantum Of The Seas Cruise before embarking on the Ovation to Japan.

For those interested, If you want to do the Sydney to Singapore leg arriving on 4 April 2021, you can also hop on the Quantum Of The Seas departing on the same day. 

There is also a Tianjin to Singapore Cruise on Quantum after which you can do a B2B with a 9 Night Cruise in October 2020. 

Edited by WaveSplasher
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, WaveSplasher said:

Your wish is granted. Ovation Of The Seas will be meeting with Quantum Of The Seas in Singapore on 4 April 2021 and 25 April 2021. 

You can do a short Quantum Of The Seas Cruise before embarking on the Ovation to Japan.

For those interested, If you want to do the Sydney to Singapore leg arriving on 4 April 2021, you can also hop on the Quantum Of The Seas departing on the same day. 

There is also a Tianjin to Singapore Cruise on Quantum after which you can do a B2B with a 9 Night Cruise in October 2020. 

Very disappointing that the 3 Quantum sailings immediately preceding the Ovation SIN to Tokyo sailing are all the same 4 night itinerary.  Seems like very poor planning on RCI's part.

19 hours ago, WaveSplasher said:

Thank you for posting and sharing this. Just need to convince DH now but think we will probably book very shortly!!

10 hours ago, kccrzr said:

Very disappointing that the 3 Quantum sailings immediately preceding the Ovation SIN to Tokyo sailing are all the same 4 night itinerary.  Seems like very poor planning on RCI's part.

Feel my pain. I always wish every year they would change up the 4 and 5 nights but they are always the same with +1/-1 port in Malaysia. So bored of these already... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, londongal796 said:

Thank you for posting and sharing this. Just need to convince DH now but think we will probably book very shortly!!

FYI the refundable and non-refundable rate is the same right now. Book it! You've got nothing to lose! 😊

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Does anyone have any information about Odyssey of the Seas possible sailings in 2020? Thanks

Nothing  other than what has already been reported.  Odyssey of the Seas will debut in the fall of 2020 and sail from the United States.  Royal Caribbean will reveal further details "later this year."

My guess is that she will do a few cruises in Europe and then do a TA to Florida in October or November of 2020.  I expect them to open up for bookings no later than September but nobody can say for sure.  We are anxiously awaiting the TA and have kept our Fall 2020 calendar clear in anticipation!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eel said:

My guess is that she will do a few cruises in Europe and then do a TA to Florida in October or November of 2020. 

She's probably not coming off the assembly line till October (the Ems river conveyance is limited to that time of the year typically) - not much time for any European sailings.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, eel said:

Nothing  other than what has already been reported.  Odyssey of the Seas will debut in the fall of 2020 and sail from the United States.  Royal Caribbean will reveal further details "later this year."

My guess is that she will do a few cruises in Europe and then do a TA to Florida in October or November of 2020.  I expect them to open up for bookings no later than September but nobody can say for sure.  We are anxiously awaiting the TA and have kept our Fall 2020 calendar clear in anticipation!

Thanks for the feedback. Now tha Cuba is no longer in play, may be Odyssey will have some good itineraries. 

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

How does Cuba affect Odyssey?

It doesn't affect Odyssey. I had a Cuba cruise booked for winter 2020 that I had to cancel. So I'm hoping to replace that sailing with one on Odyssey is she has some interesting sailings. 

• Thanks 1