...If Carnival Does Not Sell What You DrinK?

texas greeneyes

In your dreams. Get some sleep GC - or pass out - whichever comes first. :rolleyes:

LMAO, gosh, you are SOOOOO funny! Wit like that is hard to come by! You must be so impressed with yourself :D

... Now I'm scared to fall asleep :eek:

Clearly, carnival wants you to purchase from their bars... and I like most people purchase plenty from them.

But it is interesting to note that your cabin IS your house while cruising... that it isn't a public area. It would seem that having a cocktail or two while enjoying your cabin is not out of line.

But like all people who like to justify their behavior and thinking... and stretch/break the rules to their advantage... that drink is sure to follow them up to the public areas to be consumed throughout the cruise... :rolleyes:

Bottom line is, I wouldn't sweat it... just like speeding... we all know the rules ahead of time... and when the police pull you over for speeding, don't get mad at the officer because you were caught. And don't get mad if you get caught smuggling booze and the Ship personnel confiscates it. Just politely claim ignorance, smile, and move on your way... you were caught red handed... now be a big boy and say nothing beligerant.

doug, you are a brave, brave man... If some of these posters get their way, I'll have to visit you in jail for breaking the law, and sneak you the soda you were trying to smuggle:D

Now who would visit me and sneak ME frozen thingys? I'd be a very thirsty woman, hope you appreciate my efforts here.

If there were more people like you in this crazy cruising world: All hell would breakk loose; Then carnival stock would drop, the bartenders let go, Unemployment in the phillipines and many other countries would skyrocket, the soda industry stifled and ships put permanently in graveyards due to fiscal losses. Bob Dickerson would become a Wallmart greeter, Shaaaaaame!:D

Gee, you didn't get it straight.

If you drink your carried in booze in your hotel room where there is no rule against it, that's not stealing.

If you drink your smuggled on booze in your cabin or anywhere else on the ship, when the cruiseline has well defined rules against BYOB, that's stealing.

Then you have to admit to your scoffrule, and you're OK. You don't need to be remorseful or guilt ridden and its not confession. Just acknowledge you're stealing by ignoring the cruiselines rules and drink up.

And yes my word is the final authority. Whaaat, did you think yours was? Nevah. What cheek!

The Moral Authority

Dan

Well Dan, I'll say this for you: you do provide great entertainment. As you so eloquently state though, we're talking about breaking a "rule" not breaking the "law".

Stealing is illegal but breaking someone's (or this case some company's) rule is just that - breaking their rule. They can certainly kick me off the ship as it's their private property. But if they suggest I've stolen, then that's a crime and I'd love to see that charge stick.

My apologies to the forum here as I generally make it a personal rule to never have a war of wits with an unarmed man... but like I said, you're an entertaining (if a tad delusional) guy...

Cheers!

Zy, quit acting like you know me... I think you may be stalking the wrong person THIS TIME ;)

I think you have a special friend Chris....why is it you don't feel so flattered?:eek: (and you know what:eek: means)

And what is with all the jeans talk???:confused:

Well Dan, I'll say this for you: you do provide great entertainment. As you so eloquently state though, we're talking about breaking a "rule" not breaking the "law".

Stealing is illegal but breaking someone's (or this case some company's) rule is just that - breaking their rule. They can certainly kick me off the ship as it's their private property. But if they suggest I've stolen, then that's a crime and I'd love to see that charge stick.

My apologies to the forum here as I generally make it a personal rule to never have a war of wits with an unarmed man... but like I said, you're an entertaining (if a tad delusional) guy...

Cheers!

Ah yes, but you are on board a ship in international waters, guess what; the ships rules are the law.

I think Dan is overstating his case, but I get his point.

Taraandsean,

Thank you for your near hysterical posting. The conscience, when its guilt is so bluntly stated, reacts savagely. Not surprising, just sad.

Your post confirms your feeling of guilt, while my analness may or may not be true. I do wish to comment on" unrealistic." I'm not, I fully realize that many smuggle booze on board. And I couldn't care less, if somebody asked me to smuccle some for them, then I would care. If I was asked to join someone in having a drink of their smuggled booze, I would be sociable and join them. But I would acknowledge to myself that I was then stealing from the cruiseline. I wouldn't be bothered by it, or guilty about it, or even think about it for more than a few nanoseconds. But I would have known I was stealing.

Some other comments needed:

1.No laws being broken.

2.Taking booze to hotel room.

3.Taking colas, water, sport drinks on board.

4.Taking wine on board.

Easy ones first, #4. Until recently wine was allowed to be brought on board. I've read that the rules have changed but I don't know the new rules.

#3. Up to 3-4 years ago, non-alcoholic drinks were simply allowed. Now a "reasonable" quanity of same is still allowed.

#2. I've never known or stayed in a hotel that did not allow booze in your room. Try taking your own booze into their bar and see how they react to that.

#1. In my initial post, I never claimed any civic laws were being broken. Obvious moral law but no claims of civic law. But on rethinking the civic law, yes, almost certainly, a considerable number of laws are probably broken.

Our United States have a hodgr podge of insane liquor laws. Difficult to do anything with hard liquor that doesn't violate some booze law. For instance, in Fl. its against the law to take hard liquor into a place that serves hard liquor. While the ship is tied to the dock, that probably applies.

Also, for more than the last 30 years[maybe more than the last 50 years] between town, city, county, state, and federal lawmakers, over 30,000 new laws have been passed EACH YEAR. That's 900,000 plus new laws on top of a large number of old laws. A zealous prosecuter could find a dozen or more to make a charge, and a defense attorney would contest any and all of them.

And then there is Maritime Law. Would they have a law covering this? Don't know, not a lawyer.

Is any law being broken that is going to grab the attention of a law enforcement officer. Most likely not, that does not mean none is being broken.

As I said earlier, I couldn't care less what anybody else does. But if one would say that they know they're stealing from the cruiseline and they don't care. OK, I can respect that. But for someone to be a theif, deny it and call me names, I don't respect that because I'm right and you're wrong.

And yes, I should not have come back on this thread.

Dan

Dan , Dan Dan

LIghten up you seem very uptight have a drink or two and settle down, I not just smuggle booze on board i have anywhere from 1500 to 2000 dollar bar bill by the time i get off so i not only am smuggling a whole suitcase of booze I am glad for every dime i am robbing the cruiselines of, it actualy makes me feel better and I like to brag of such a thing, like I said before i have a couple of thousand dollar bar bill and thats even with all the booze i brought on with me so is that stealing or not moraly correct? I am giving them 2000.00 for 2 hundred in booze so how is that stealing and I am right!!!

Taraandsean,

Thank you for your near hysterical posting. The conscience, when its guilt is so bluntly stated, reacts savagely. Not surprising, just sad.

Your post confirms your feeling of guilt, while my analness may or may not be true. I do wish to comment on" unrealistic." I'm not, I fully realize that many smuggle booze on board. And I couldn't care less, if somebody asked me to smuccle some for them, then I would care. If I was asked to join someone in having a drink of their smuggled booze, I would be sociable and join them. But I would acknowledge to myself that I was then stealing from the cruiseline. I wouldn't be bothered by it, or guilty about it, or even think about it for more than a few nanoseconds. But I would have known I was stealing.

Some other comments needed:

1.No laws being broken.

2.Taking booze to hotel room.

3.Taking colas, water, sport drinks on board.

4.Taking wine on board.

Easy ones first, #4. Until recently wine was allowed to be brought on board. I've read that the rules have changed but I don't know the new rules.

#3. Up to 3-4 years ago, non-alcoholic drinks were simply allowed. Now a "reasonable" quanity of same is still allowed.

#2. I've never known or stayed in a hotel that did not allow booze in your room. Try taking your own booze into their bar and see how they react to that.

#1. In my initial post, I never claimed any civic laws were being broken. Obvious moral law but no claims of civic law. But on rethinking the civic law, yes, almost certainly, a considerable number of laws are probably broken.

Our United States have a hodgr podge of insane liquor laws. Difficult to do anything with hard liquor that doesn't violate some booze law. For instance, in Fl. its against the law to take hard liquor into a place that serves hard liquor. While the ship is tied to the dock, that probably applies.

Also, for more than the last 30 years[maybe more than the last 50 years] between town, city, county, state, and federal lawmakers, over 30,000 new laws have been passed EACH YEAR. That's 900,000 plus new laws on top of a large number of old laws. A zealous prosecuter could find a dozen or more to make a charge, and a defense attorney would contest any and all of them.

And then there is Maritime Law. Would they have a law covering this? Don't know, not a lawyer.

Is any law being broken that is going to grab the attention of a law enforcement officer. Most likely not, that does not mean none is being broken.

As I said earlier, I couldn't care less what anybody else does. But if one would say that they know they're stealing from the cruiseline and they don't care. OK, I can respect that. But for someone to be a theif, deny it and call me names, I don't respect that because I'm right and you're wrong.

And yes, I should not have come back on this thread.

Dan

Dan , Dan Dan

LIghten up you seem very uptight have a drink or two and settle down, I not just smuggle booze on board i have anywhere from 1500 to 2000 dollar bar bill by the time i get of so i not only am smuggling a whole suitcase of booze I am glad for every dime i am robbing the cruiselines off, it actualy makes me feel better and I like to brag of such a thing, like I said before i have a couple of thousand dollar bar bill and thats even with all the booze i brought on with me so is that stealing or not moraly correct? I am giving them 2000.00 for 2 hundred in booze so how is that stealing and I am right!!!

Cheers!

Actually it is a crime, but civil, not criminal. It is in the Contract of Carriage which is a legally binding document. When you violate any provision you are in breach of contract and Carnival could, in fact, pretty much have their way with you if they so desired..

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ticket_contract.aspx

(d) Except as noted below, Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on Carnival’s vessels for on board consumption. Prohibited alcoholic beverages confiscated on embarkation day will be discarded without compensation. Guests who are celebrating a special occasion are permitted to bring fine wine or champagne (no other alcohol is permitted) at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only. A $10 corkage fee will be charged should guests wish to consume this wine/champagne in the dining room. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel’s gift shops or at a port of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage. Carnival reserves the right to refuse to serve alcohol to any passenger. Guest acknowledges that the minimum age permitted for the purchase, possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages aboard Carnival’s vessels is twenty-one (21). Guest agrees to supervise all persons under age twenty-one (21) under Guest’s charge to insure that they do not violate this, or any other, shipboard regulation. Guests who attempt to purchase alcohol by using false identification or the Sail & Sign card of a Guest who is twenty-one or older will be deemed in violation of this policy. Any Guest twenty-one or older who attempts to or purchases alcohol for any guest under twenty-one will also be deemed in violation of this policy. Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation.

There is no mention of jeans in the dining room, however. ;)

taraandsean,

Don't know if I can help you understand what you just said. You said you had a $2000. bar bill in exchange for the $200. worth of booze you smuggled aboard and you don't understand how that's stealing. Looks simple to me, your bar bill should have been $2200. but you ripped them off for $200. But you did admit by inference that you know [and love] that you're ripping them off. So long as you know.

By the way my last cruise, Princess 11/19/05-12/03/05, I had a $2100. bar bill for the wife and I. But that was a 2 week cruise. If you're running up the bill you wrote of on a 7 day cruise, you need to do something. I remember hearing about a medical alert bracelet that said, "In case of accident, cover liver with a wet towel." You might want to get one[or 2] of those.

And yes you are right..................................

But I'm righter.

Dan

taraandsean,

Don't know if I can help you understand what you just said. You said you had a $2000. bar bill in exchange for the $200. worth of booze you smuggled aboard and you don't understand how that's stealing. Looks simple to me, your bar bill should have been $2200. but you ripped them off for $200. But you did admit by inference that you know [and love] that you're ripping them off. So long as you know.

By the way my last cruise, Princess 11/19/05-12/03/05, I had a $2100. bar bill for the wife and I. But that was a 2 week cruise. If you're running up the bill you wrote of on a 7 day cruise, you need to do something. I remember hearing about a medical alert bracelet that said, "In case of accident, cover liver with a wet towel." You might want to get one[or 2] of those.

And yes you are right..................................

But I'm righter.

Dan

Dan, in my case, my bill wouldn't have been $2200, it would have remained at $2000... because I simply would not have gone to the bar or continued to order room service just to have a few drinks before dinner, or some baileys in my coffee in the morning, or a few drinks after the disco... wouldn't have happened... it's a convenience, plain and simple... if I have it there, I'll drink it, if I don't, it's not a big deal... so no, I wouldn't have been "cheating them", as they simply wouldn't have gotten the additional revenue, regardless. There all sorts of issues with people doing things out of convenience or to save money, doesn't make any of them right, but it doesn't mean the cruiseline would have made more money had they not done it... Now that I know you can pre-order through Carnival, I will be doing that, it is convenient for me and worth the addtional cost... had I known they had that before (like if they advertised it on their website :rolleyes: ), I would have used the service, as I am sure many would... many people just like to have a bottle in their room... Just as Carnival allows wine and champagne, they should allow you a bottle of liquor for your cabin or to "celebrate an occasion"... not everyone drinks wine and champage... if they can take on their wine and champagne to celebrate, why can't I take on a bottle of baileys to enjoy with my coffee???

Indeed. Why shouldn't I wear jeans on formal night? What impact does that have on the bottom line? It is relaxing before, during, and after dinner and the only bottom line it affects is mine. And that would be dinner, not the jeans.

Oh the humanity, oh the hypocrisy.

If anyone has a $2000 bar bill for a week, the only words that come to mind are alcoholic and/or sucker. Do the math.

Archived