Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Journey2016

CR: How are points earned in craps?

Recommended Posts

I have been a CR member for 2 years now and still dont know how pointa arw calculated.

I am a craps player, and I typically bet $25 to 50 on the pass line, backing it with 30-100. I also always bet 30 each as place bets on 6 and 8, frequently another 25 on 5 and 9. I also make other bets occasionally as well. I think I average 35 per come out roll and 170 per roll after the point is set. I play 2 or 3 hours a night.

 

 

According to the CH, I earn less than 300 points per cruise. I took 3 cruises of 7 days each last year. (LOS in March, Rhapsody in June, Allure in December) When I got on the Symphony last week, I wasnt even a choice player.

 

On the flip side, my wife plays the slots. She never gambles more than 300 for an entire cruise. She was choice this time.

 

Last night I received a $100 voucher for my play this past week, which according to the CH meant I earned between 400 and 800 points. I dont get it.

 

Can anyone explain how points are earned? The CH couldnt do that. Just trying to understand the rules of the game...

Edited by Journey2016
Add ships

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have been a CR member for 2 years now and still dont know how pointa arw calculated.

I am a craps player, and I typically bet $25 to 50 on the pass line, backing it with 30-100. I also always bet 30 each as place bets on 6 and 8, frequently another 25 on 5 and 9. I also make other bets occasionally as well. I think I average 35 per come out roll and 170 per roll after the point is set. I play 2 or 3 hours a night.

 

 

According to the CH, I earn less than 300 points per cruise. I took 3 cruises of 7 days each last year. (LOS in March, Rhapsody in June, Allure in December) When I got on the Symphony last week, I wasnt even a choice player.

 

On the flip side, my wife plays the slots. She never gambles more than 300 for an entire cruise. She was choice this time.

 

Last night I received a $100 voucher for my play this past week, which according to the CH meant I earned between 400 and 800 points. I dont get it.

 

Can anyone explain how points are earned? The CH couldnt do that. Just trying to understand the rules of the game...

 

I suffer the exact same problems as you. 90% craps play and the other 10% blackjack. Have never gotten a solid straightforward answer from casino hosts or manager. It is a cryptic thing going over to the host desk, they look at their screen pull out their calculator and come up with a number that can change as the wind blows. I have asked specifically "what average bet for how long to earn x number of points" they look at me like I'm asking of the keys to the vault where the crown jewels are kept.

 

I just keep playing my way, keeping my bets at a level where I am comfortable and check every single day with the hosts to let them know I am keeping track too.

 

I can't get myself to play slots just to "earn" more points per $ bet.

 

Good luck going forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I suffer the exact same problems as you. 90% craps play and the other 10% blackjack. Have never gotten a solid straightforward answer from casino hosts or manager. It is a cryptic thing going over to the host desk, they look at their screen pull out their calculator and come up with a number that can change as the wind blows. I have asked specifically "what average bet for how long to earn x number of points" they look at me like I'm asking of the keys to the vault where the crown jewels are kept.

 

I just keep playing my way, keeping my bets at a level where I am comfortable and check every single day with the hosts to let them know I am keeping track too.

 

I can't get myself to play slots just to "earn" more points per $ bet.

 

Good luck going forward

 

Gentlemen: It is good that you choose not to play slots because that it is easier to keep track of your play. First, make sure you turn in your Sail & Sign card when you buy into the game. They will track your bets. Your play will be rated based on average bets on Pass Line, Come, Don't Pass, Don't Come. Odds don't figure into the equation since that is a break even for the house. Also, they will keep track of your average bet on Place Bets. Those are good for the House so your rating should increase on those bets too. Have found that even on the same cruise, different casino managers will give you a different rating. Same in a land based Casino. Good Luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. They have no ability to track craps play. It's bad enough that they offer single odds (with the exception of the nine chip payout or a bet of 25+) and won't open a table until 7pm, they should at least be able to correctly register your play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...