Current hotel directors???

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Anyone know if Robert is still HD on Radiance?  He was from Vancouver and enjoyed the Alaska runs near his home. 

Robert is currently relieve HD on Jewel, trying all his best to re-motivate and cheer-up the crew from terrible micro-management from Maurice as we see it from a passenger standpoint

1 hour ago, cgncruiser said:

Robert is currently relieve HD on Jewel, trying all his best to re-motivate and cheer-up the crew from terrible micro-management from Maurice as we see it from a passenger standpoint

Thanks for the info.  

He was one of the best, and was hoping to see him again on next Radiance Alaska cruise... oh well.  

John Denton (formerly from Majesty) was one of our favorites too.  I forget where he went.  

Edited by island lady

18 hours ago, RFerrington said:

As recently as last Christmas/NY, John Denton (best HD in the fleet, IMO) was still on Grandeur.

Thanks, I was wondering if he may have gone to Grandeur.  I sure hope he is still on on board next year when we go in September.  🙂  

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks, I was wondering if he may have gone to Grandeur.  I sure hope he is still on on board next year when we go in September.  🙂  

He's actually been there for quite a while.  I was very surprised to see him still there when we went back at Christmas.  I was very GLAD, but surprised.

On 3/12/2019 at 10:37 AM, cgncruiser said:

On 3/12/2019 at 12:18 PM, island lady said:

Thanks for the info.  

He was one of the best, and was hoping to see him again on next Radiance Alaska cruise... oh well.  

John Denton (formerly from Majesty) was one of our favorites too.  I forget where he went.  

Robert is on the Jewel until April 23. 

His next ship is the Serenade, but I believe that he has vacation between. 

On 3/12/2019 at 1:37 PM, cgncruiser said:

Bingo!  My observation as well!

30 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Bingo!  My observation as well!

We were on Jewel from Oct. 24 to Dec. 15, 2018.  When arrived, Peter Dimitrov had left for Oasis & Robert was filling.  Robert was great (has similar management style) - did not change anything.  As soon as Maurice took over for crossing on November 5th - we all noticed the difference like night & day.   Changes in officer/staff attitudes, cut backs/removal of C&A perks, eg. no more sail away parties, no wine with consecutive cruiser lunches, meal with officer cut backs, etc.   We all agreed on the ship, that Maurice was all about the "bottom line".  We luv the Jewel and were booked for the March 29th crossing but decided to cancel that one.

NJ 

1 hour ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

We were on Jewel from Oct. 24 to Dec. 15, 2018.  When arrived, Peter Dimitrov had left for Oasis & Robert was filling.  Robert was great (has similar management style) - did not change anything.  As soon as Maurice took over for crossing on November 5th - we all noticed the difference like night & day.   Changes in officer/staff attitudes, cut backs/removal of C&A perks, eg. no more sail away parties, no wine with consecutive cruiser lunches, meal with officer cut backs, etc.   We all agreed on the ship, that Maurice was all about the "bottom line".  We luv the Jewel and were booked for the March 29th crossing but decided to cancel that one.

NJ 

Great news for the Jewel crew today: they celebrate the demise of HD Maurice. He will not come back on Jewel and will commence duties on poor Rhapsody after vacation. So here on Jewel jubilation and sad faces for Rhapsody. Now that Maurice is history , more and more of his 'negative and cheap  regime* comes up. Hope that is a turning point for the proud Jewel and legendary spirit comes back quick.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Robert is on the Jewel until April 23. 

His next ship is the Serenade, but I believe that he has vacation between. 

Thanks!  I love the Serenade also.  I am guessing Robert feels very much at home on the Radiance sisters!  🙂 

16 minutes ago, cgncruiser said:

Great news for the Jewel crew today: they celebrate the demise of HD Maurice. He will not come back on Jewel and will commence duties on poor Rhapsody after vacation. So here on Jewel jubilation and sad faces for Rhapsody. Now that Maurice is history , more and more of his 'negative and cheap  regime* comes up. Hope that is a turning point for the proud Jewel and legendary spirit comes back quick.

Oh dear, very happy for Jewel.  Any idea what happened?  Normally thought an HD stayed with a ship for at least a couple of years.  Perhaps RCCL got too many complaints about Maurice?  

But why make poor Rhapsody suffer....

NJ  

2 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Oh dear, very happy for Jewel.  Any idea what happened?  Normally thought an HD stayed with a ship for at least a couple of years.  Perhaps RCCL got too many complaints about Maurice?  

But why make poor Rhapsody suffer....

NJ  

Oh dear....I hope he is not on board Rhapsody in February next year?  😮 

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2019 at 3:18 PM, island lady said:

Thanks for the info.  

John has been the fill in HD on Empress and Grandeur. Basically has been doing 2 months on each ship and then 2 months vacation. I am out of sync on his current schedule. 

On 4/20/2019 at 3:49 PM, Scotty G said:

John has been the fill in HD on Empress and Grandeur. Basically has been doing 2 months on each ship and then 2 months vacation. I am out of sync on his current schedule. 

Thanks Ian....I am not on Grandeur until next year.  JD is one of the best!  🙂 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 1:37 PM, cgncruiser said:

I hope Robert's efforts are successful!  The Jewel crew are fantastic IMHO!  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, insulationbabe said:

Leo is currently the fill in HD on the Radiance and then Robert from UK is the permanent one - Leo is from Ireland-- heard this from the horse's mouth 

Thanks for the information!  If you are referring to Robert Taggert, isn't he from Canada?

4 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

Thanks for the information!  If you are referring to Robert Taggert, isn't he from Canada?

Robert Taggert is from Vancouver, indeed Canada, super nice guy enjoyed dinner with him one night.  Not sure who previous poster is talking about either.  🤔

• Thanks 1

On 4/20/2019 at 1:49 PM, Scotty G said:

We were just on Empress...    John is there through the end of this month and then is going back to Grandeur.    

He mentioned they have new hotel directors on both Empress and Grandeur, so he's going back and forth between the two.

Does anyone know who is currently on Harmony?

I don't necessarily need to know much about HD's as they aren't public figures like the CD and Captain, but they have a very important role onboard as they run the hotel operation and their management is reflected throughout the ship.

15 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Does anyone know who is currently on Harmony?

I don't necessarily need to know much about HD's as they aren't public figures like the CD and Captain, but they have a very important role onboard as they run the hotel operation and their management is reflected throughout the ship.

We find their presence more obvious on the smaller ships.  Have had some good conversations with many of them and a few nice dinners with several.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1