tran93le

Tropical disturbance in the Gulf of Mexico this upcoming weekend.

As seen in the title, there’s tropical development.

I leave this Sunday for a cruise from Galveston. I know it’s a little early to say, but would would happen if we’re going to sail through a storm?

Tropical disturbance has 20-percent chance of developing in Gulf of Mexico, NHC says

http://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/local/tropical-disturbance-has-20-percent-chance-of-developing-in-gulf-of-mexico-nhc-says/285-563333054

(Via KHOU 11)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It’s too soon to tell. Just get on the ship— they’ll go around it.

Maybe consider parking in an elevated lot just in case?

First post!

I, too, am sailing on the Breeze out of Galveston on Sunday. We'e watching the weather pretty closely. I'm watching it almost obsessively (first timer over here). I know we can sail around the storm, but it sounds like you have the same question I do: are we going to *depart* in the storm? The current forecast shows a storm basically consuming the Gulf of Mexico, bringing "rough seas" according to ABC13. And this starts on Saturday. So it will be pouring (WU says 1.27 in on Sunday) when we embark, so no poolside sailaway :( but will we even leave port if the seas are too bad? As a first time cruiser, I'm feeling pretty anxious about the 15-20 ft waves buoy weather is predicting for our route the first 2 sea days. I hope a seasoned cruiser can give some more insight as to whether we will be partying at the port or if they just head straight into those conditions as it doesn' look like there's any way to "go around" it. Would they cancel the trip? I hope we have better than they'e forecasting, tran93le!

First post!

I, too, am sailing on the Breeze out of Galveston on Sunday. We'e watching the weather pretty closely. I'm watching it almost obsessively (first timer over here). I know we can sail around the storm, but it sounds like you have the same question I do: are we going to *depart* in the storm? The current forecast shows a storm basically consuming the Gulf of Mexico, bringing "rough seas" according to ABC13. And this starts on Saturday. So it will be pouring (WU says 1.27 in on Sunday) when we embark, so no poolside sailaway :( but will we even leave port if the seas are too bad? As a first time cruiser, I'm feeling pretty anxious about the 15-20 ft waves buoy weather is predicting for our route the first 2 sea days. I hope a seasoned cruiser can give some more insight as to whether we will be partying at the port or if they just head straight into those conditions as it doesn' look like there's any way to "go around" it. Would they cancel the trip? I hope we have better than they'e forecasting, tran93le!

They definitely won’t cancel the cruise because it’s not a tropical storm or hurricane. It is going to be heavy down pour & most likely no outdoor actives maybe for the first day or two. The rain seems almost gulf wide, but mainly focuses at Texas. I’m not sure how big the span of the storm is going to be when we leave. Hopefully we won’t more than one rainy day’

Sent from my iPhone using Forums