FYI, New Promo

firecrewcapt

So, I checked it this morning. The primary travel site did not have the sale....but the cruise edition did. However, only way to get a price was requesting a quote. If anybody gets a good deal...please let us know. I won't be anywhere I can take a call today so i need to decide how bad I want a price.

I know you can’t name the travel agency. But I’ve checked the big box agencies this morning. Cannot find the sale.

Google Princess 3 day sale 2018....read the description and you will see it. It's a specialty subsidiary of one of the big box

And the prices I'm seeing are nothing special at all, even with their promos included. I must be in the wrong place.

My Alaskan cruise for May 2019 is included. Same price as I currently had booked with a different TA using the Landmark sale but includes free drink package and free grats. Also includes reduced deposit and coupon booklet valued at $750. We will lose the $500 OBC from Landmark sale but will be substantial savings for us considering we were going to purchase the beverage package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The sailings involved are for:

"summer 2019 through spring 2020 sailings".

My email stated that

"Book a balcony or above stateroom on select sailings"

in order to receive the list posted above.

The small print is "Valid for new bookings created and deposited June 21-23, 2018..."

aahh, that explains it. There was no information on their website about what sailings are involved. The one I want in Nov'18 is not affected.

This is what I am seeing right now since I had asked the T/A I dealt with last year on this sale, before it started, and as noted in post #4:

Book your cruise on select Princess Cruises sailings during our 3 Day Sale from June 21 - 23, and enjoy one or more of the following exclusive T/A extras:

• Free Drinks (Balcony and Above)
  • Free Gratuities
  • Free Specialty Dining (Mini Suite and Above)
  • Over $750 Savings in Onboard Coupons
  • Reduced Deposit
  • Up to $200 Savings for Princess Captain's Circle members

What we were looking at was 10/2019, 15-day Coral full transit PC. When I asked last week, it was full Princess WEB site price, which was a S6, at $10,948 with all taxes, no insurance.

I just went to book it at the site, and the exact same thing, comes up at $9213, with no perks.

Or, I have the option to add all this free stuff above, for $1560, and if I include the freebies listed in the sale, the total is now $10,773.

Just what I am seeing :D

This is what I am seeing right now since I had asked the T/A I dealt with last year on this sale, before it started, and as noted in post #4:

Book your cruise on select Princess Cruises sailings during our 3 Day Sale from June 21 - 23, and enjoy one or more of the following exclusive T/A extras:

• Free Drinks (Balcony and Above)
  • Free Gratuities
  • Free Specialty Dining (Mini Suite and Above)
  • Over $750 Savings in Onboard Coupons
  • Reduced Deposit
  • Up to $200 Savings for Princess Captain's Circle members

What we were looking at was 10/2019, 15-day Coral full transit PC. When I asked last week, it was full Princess WEB site price, which was a S6, at $10,948 with all taxes, no insurance.

I just went to book it at the site, and the exact same thing, comes up at $9213, with no perks.

Or, I have the option to add all this free stuff above, for $1560, and if I include the freebies listed in the sale, the total is now $10,773.

Just what I am seeing :D

Thanks for the info....think I will get a price on one that I have been watching.

Just in the ones I have looked at, I have seen as good an offers from just Princess on the benefits I care about, so when Princess new sales open next week, I'm not sure if this is a better deal than what those would be. But it migh depend on the itinerary and benefits sought.

So, has anybody done this? Actually requested a quote? I'm hesitant to do it because I don't want a ton of phone calls! I booked my January cruise through Princess, but am thinking of contacting a local TA I have used in the past to see if she can do anything.

I have rebooked using this 3 day special. The price is exactly what I paid through a different TA and which is today listed on the Princess website when doing a mock booking. I am losing the $500 OBC that I had but getting free grats, drink package, one specialty dinner, one free photo and a coupon book supposedly worth a value of $750 which is prob of no benefit to us. So the inclusions, which we would have purchased anyway, are far greAter than $500.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

it's ridiculous. I priced a cruise for Nov 2019 on that website and the price without the promo deal is $1,099 pp 1 and 2 and $699 pp 3, and with the promo deal it's $1,619 pp 1 and 2, despite the site telling you that it's only $347 more pp. And it's ridiculous that the "free drink package, gratuities and coupon book" are not FREE at all. They are more than $347 pp.

35861438_1813920185333493_2129658288181084160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=6551948fd55291c4df4016d38995982d&oe=5BAA46C5

On princess.com site the same cruise is $1,569 pp 1 and 2, and $699 pp 3.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

You need to call and let an agent price it. I saw the same kind of thing online. Called and got the full deal of Pev Package, grats, lower refundable deposit, and small OBC. My category was sold out. I picked a lower balcony category on the same deck and rebooked at a lower fare and got the benefits of the 3 day sale. Agent took care of it all, mostly through email. So worth the call for us. Good Luck.

I booked with this agency last year for the same promotion - sailing in March next year. It was seamless and the same pricing as Princess but with the added perks - no brainer really! I just cancelled a booking I had made direct through Princess and rebooked with this agency (got the same cabin I released) and the price is exactly the same but now I have free grats, bev package, etc....

The problem that I see is that, even if it's the same price as Princess is now listing, that price is $1,200 more for my cabin than I paid when I booked. It's only a 12 day cruise so that really is a significant price increase. On a 12 day cruise the free gratuities would be $324. Yes, the drink package is "worth" more than $1,600 but it's not actually "worth" that much for most folks. I just can't see paying that much more for the cabin - especially since when I do transfer it to my usual TA he will likely knock off somewhere around 8% of the cost.

We booked under the Sip and Sail the last time and scored a couple of great deals but the pricing this year has gone through the roof for the cruises we have booked. We're booked for the 12 day Search for the Northern Lights, a 14 day TA from Barcelona to FLL, and a 19 day Partial Transit round trip from LA. All 3 have gone up significantly since we booked. Poop. Double Poop. I'm glad we seem to have gotten good pricing but a "sale" isn't really much of a "sale" if it costs a bunch extra.

We booked our through a big warehouse store with Landmark + Bonus state room credit and we are inside so wouldn't get drinks anyways. We have friends who want to come and are big drinkers and would want the drink package and want the balcony. Can someone PM me a referral to this travel agency?

Thanks

On this promo, if you don't drink alcohol, can you use the "Beverage Package" and still get the mocktails and soft drinks like you do with the non alcoholic drink package?

Yes all those drinks are included. But if you aren't drinking alcohol you may find better sales/prices on different promos.