FYI, New Promo

firecrewcapt

Question: How does one know in advance which of the "one or more" items would be included? If I could get the PBP and gratuities it would be tempting. Otherwise I don't know that I would be willing to pay the current cost of the cabin as opposed to the cost I have currently booked.

We use what I assume is a franchise of this big online travel agency as dealt directly with the small business owner in another state, and not the big call center as some have stated.

We booked a cruise with them last year when they had the same promotion going on.

So I sent them and email, saying we were interested in a 15-day Panama Canal cruise on our favorite ship the Coral, asking just that. The response is below on what is included, with one caveat noted, this is a full suite and may not be the same for non-suites:

-----

-Free Drink Package ($2070)

-Free Gratuities ($465)

-One Free Specialty Dining ($58)

-750.00 OnBoard Savings Booklet

-Total Deposit of 200.00 and Deposit is fully refundable up until final payment is due

-I will also add a 200.00 On Board Credit

Price wise, the cruise price is exactly the same as the Princess WEB site, so no discounts off that, just the perks. One has to decide if it works out to be a good deal or not, depending on what is important,

We use what I assume is a franchise of this big online travel agency as dealt directly with the small business owner in another state, and not the big call center as some have stated.

We booked a cruise with them last year when they had the same promotion going on.

So I sent them and email, saying we were interested in a 15-day Panama Canal cruise on our favorite ship the Coral, asking just that. The response is below on what is included, with one caveat noted, this is a full suite and may not be the same for non-suites:

-----

-Free Gratuities ($465)

-Total Deposit of 200.00 and Deposit is fully refundable up until final payment is due

Price wise, the cruise price is exactly the same as the Princess WEB site, so no discounts off that, just the perks. One has to decide if it works out to be a good deal or not, depending on what is important,

I booked through the same agency as well as a pre-reserve. They told me that the cost of the cruise is likely to rise on June 21 when they will need to cancel and rebook at whatever price is in effect that day. So they confirmed that your price will stay the same when the June 21 resale starts? Thank you.

I booked through the same agency as well as a pre-reserve. They told me that the cost of the cruise is likely to rise on June 21 when they will need to cancel and rebook at whatever price is in effect that day. So they confirmed that your price will stay the same when the June 21 resale starts? Thank you.

No, they didn't confirm what the price would be on that day. I asked them to price it, just to see if they were at least quoting the current price, or if there was any discounted price. Last year, it was the same when we first looked and when they booked it for us.

Since this is not our normal T/A, we will probably give them the go ahead, so they have everything they need to book it except a credit card for the deposit. Then if it goes up, we can decide if we want to book it or just let it pass.

Since we have the current price, if it goes up just a little, the T/A might take off a little of their cut, to get us to book it if they think we won't.

Has anyone done the three day sale and later needed to book airfare? Were you able to it online at the Princess website or did you have to go thru the agent? Beverage package alone is not enough for us to give up the OBC, bev package and gratuities would be :)

Thanks.

Has anyone done the three day sale and later needed to book airfare? Were you able to it online at the Princess website or did you have to go thru the agent? Beverage package alone is not enough for us to give up the OBC, bev package and gratuities would be :)

Thanks.

I booked thru them last year under this promo. EZAir has just opened up for my booking and, yes, I see that I can access and book it online thru My Princess.

PMs are not available on Cruise Critic. Google Princess Cruises sailings during our 3 Day Sale from June 21 - 23 and the name of the agency will become apparent.

I'm thinking this sale is not limited to one TA if a Princess representative mentioned it.

I attended a happy hour yesterday put on by that TA to introduce their 3-Day say. Princess representatives were there to speak, but don't assume ALL travel agents get this deal, that isn't true. There are lots of deals for special groups out there.

Am currently booked with Princess, but thinking of rebooking with TA with the 3-day sale; however (and this is BIG with me)...I might lose the cabin I have booked with Princess. Has anyone been able to rebook and keep their cabin assignment?

Back last winter I called and asked Princess why my May 2019 Alaskan cruise was not included in a Spring 2019 promo and the agent I spoke with said all Alaskan cruises are considered "summer", so does anyone have any knowledge as to whether May 2019 Alaskan cruises will be eligible for this promo?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Am currently booked with Princess, but thinking of rebooking with TA with the 3-day sale; however (and this is BIG with me)...I might lose the cabin I have booked with Princess. Has anyone been able to rebook and keep their cabin assignment?

Do not rebook.

Transfer the booking to the TA and have the TA refare to the new promotion. You will keep your cabin, dining assignment, reserved shore excursions, etc.

Back last winter I called and asked Princess why my May 2019 Alaskan cruise was not included in a Spring 2019 promo and the agent I spoke with said all Alaskan cruises are considered "summer", so does anyone have any knowledge as to whether May 2019 Alaskan cruises will be eligible for this promo?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Found the answer on the website of the TA if anyone else is wondering - yes spring 2019 Alaskan cruises are included.

-----

-Free Gratuities ($465)

I spoke to an agent at that particular agency and secured my cruise. I’m hoping to get additional OBC. Right now the only OBC I will get is my future cruise credit and share holder. She did give me a three category upgrade.

I think I’ll call Monday to ask about OBC.

Also if sip and sail in a cheaper even without the free gratuities, I’ll ask her to see if she can get me that price.

Do not rebook.

Transfer the booking to the TA and have the TA refare to the new promotion. You will keep your cabin, dining assignment, reserved shore excursions, etc.

I specifically asked TA about doing this and was told it was for new bookings and I would have to cancel with Princess and they would then book it and hope to get my cabin back.

Do not rebook.

I am curious. Why would one do this I s team of waited a few days for the across the board Princess Sip and Sail promotion?

My TA has already given me a discount (significantly more than the gratuities).

Is it because you are worried that the cruise price will increase while you wait for the Princess promotion?

I also received the email. It's from a large on-line travel agency. They have a local office about an hour from my house. I spoke to a local rep. I'll need to cancel my existing cruise with Princess, then re-book with her. She will try and protect the cabin, but there are no guarantees. It's best to have a couple of alternative cabins available. They won't have the pricing until the day of the sale. The sale is not through Princess, so I'm surprised the Princess rep would even mention it.

If your booking is through any travel agency this sale will be available to you through them. This will not be exclusive through a limited number of agencies but all agencies. Princess provides the the promotional info that all agencies can use to promote the sale as if it is "exclusive" to them.

SnS_OneSource%2090x90.jpg

Sip + Sail (June 26 - September 5, 2018)

Our popular sale is back and drinks are on us! Offer your clients a chance to set sail on a new adventure, drink in hand! Send them to any refreshing destination, because with this offer, all destinations are on sale! Our Sip + Sail promotion includes select Summer 2019 – Spring 2020 sailings. Cheers to a great offer!

• Free Premier Beverage Package for two when booking a balcony or above‡

This same sale last year was not through Princess but one very large agency. I would never use the agency as it reminds me of a call center verses real agents.

Why aren’t they real agents? Sounds like a good deal

Why aren’t they real agents? Sounds like a good deal

The vast majority of the bookings through this company are online/order tackers. There are some agents with this company but most are done through the website. When there is a problem, this is not the type of company I would want to deal with. I don't even book hotel or air from this company.

From what people have posted, they are being charged full price for the cruise. I would get a better deal dealing with my agent who gives me 10% off plus Sip and Sail when that starts. The 10% will more than make up for free gratuities. Plus I get service from an agent who will go to bat for me if there are problems.