Upgrade to a 3br Garden VIlla? How much should I bid?

cruiser1234!

Bidding the max amt seems silly to me. Have you ever bid on a 3br gv?

Do you really think there is just some secret amount that we could tell you that would put you in a GV for the lowest price?? Now THAT would be silly.

There are only two GVs on the ship. If both are available, the top two bidders get them. If only one is available, the top bidder gets it. It is really simple, if you want it, you have to bid more than everyone else. Bidding the MAX amount would ensure that you are the top bidder...and being the top bidder is the best way to win it.

Just came off a cruise in the GV on the Dawn. What a fabulous suite! We paid full price because it was a special occasion and there were 6 of us. You should check how much the GV is to purchase outright, then you will at least know the ball park for getting a good deal. Bottom line is what you can afford, or how much you are willing to expend for that suite. Just remember that the Butler & Concierge will take good care of you....I didn't expect to use them much, but boy were they great, so I ended up tipping more than I originally planned. :) Good luck to you!

We are on the Jewel sailing on 7/30 from anchorage. I have the option to bid on the 3br gv.

Any suggestions on the best way to win it? Has anyone else won the bid on this?

What bidding range did they give you?

I've been watching NCL's Alaska cruises for the past couple of months and have not seen any availability in the Garden Villas for that sailing. Another website claims that the GVs on that sailing haven't been pricing since February. During the bidding process, does NCL let you know which categories are sold out? Or do they accept bids on the chance that there will be a cancellation and a cabin will free up?

I've been watching NCL's Alaska cruises for the past couple of months and have not seen any availability in the Garden Villas for that sailing. Another website claims that the GVs on that sailing haven't been pricing since February. During the bidding process, does NCL let you know which categories are sold out? Or do they accept bids on the chance that there will be a cancellation and a cabin will free up?

Not going to Alaska but Baltic, they sent me bids for all of the Havens, even though except for deluxe owners suite and 8 two bedrooms the rest of the haven cabins show sold out

The amount of unhelpful posts and general a holes on this forum is ridiculous....

smplybcause

June 12th, 2018 04:27 PM

Bid the max amount.

Or buy it outright.

Whichever is cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

June 12th, 2018 04:36 PM

Originally posted by cruiser1234!

Do you really think there is just some secret amount that we could tell you that would put you in a GV for the lowest price?? Now THAT would be silly.

There are only two GVs on the ship. If both are available, the top two bidders get them. If only one is available, the top bidder gets it. It is really simple, if you want it, you have to bid more than everyone else. Bidding the MAX amount would ensure that you are the top bidder...and being the top bidder is the best way to win it.

The amount of unhelpful posts and general a holes on this forum is ridiculous....

smplybcause

June 12th, 2018 04:27 PM

Bid the max amount.

Or buy it outright.

Whichever is cheaper.

June 12th, 2018 04:36 PM

Originally posted by cruiser1234!

You literally gave the same advice as me, which you called out as unhelpful! Except you added actually unhelpful advice of "being the top bidder" when they can't see what others bid.

You literally gave the same advice as me, which you called out as unhelpful! Except you added actually unhelpful advice of "being the top bidder" when they can't see what others bid.

Parsnip1 didn't give advise, his post were quotes from others.

Truth is no one can actually say what a good winning bid is, if you go through the what was your upgrade offer and what did you bid thread, it's all over the map, low ballers getting upgrade, maximun bidders not getting.

I guess it would depend on how many cabins are available, how much people bid??

I think one poster hit the nail on the head, it's data gathering for NCL to see just what people are willing to pay

I liked the old way better, you called, they gave you a price which you could accept or decline.

Edited by njkate

I would bid the maximum you would be comfortable paying but realizing your chances of getting it are very, very, very low. The Haven is showing sold out for that cruise. There is probably more than one person sailing in that room so in order for it to become available everyone in the room would have to cancel their cruise.