Celebrity move up program

armani123

8 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

When the TA said you dont get the perks, he/she means if they accept the move-up offer, you won't get the 4 included perks (beverage package, On Board Credit, tips, and internet) one gets when booking some of the suites. (You get to keep the perks you already had with your original booking. )

You will have access to Retreat/Michaels and Luminae, the Suite dining room.  Perhaps you misunderstood "perks."

Maybe my TA misunderstood.  I specifically asked about the Retreat and Luminae.

I've subsequently gotten confirmation from Celebrity, in writing, consistent with the advice here.  Thank you everyone for your input.  I really appreciate the supportive feedback.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise it or lose it said:

If I am in a Sky Suite and have the 4 perks (Go Best)  and I am successful in bidding on a Royal suite.....I believe I keep the four perks. But would I still get the 2 comp bottles of alcohol and unlimited specialty dining? 

Thanks!

Yes

• Like 1

According to X Luminae, the retreat, and Micheal’s are amenities of the suites

All 4 perks are not really included in all the suites, it depends on the promo and rate you used at the time of booking.  The drink pack, internet and etc are considered perks.  If you book a upper level suite you will see in the discription what the amenities are and  for those suites the 4 perks are included and considered an amenity along with specialty restaurants.  

When doing a move up all you get is the cabin and the amenities that come with it.  You do keep any perks you  had with the original booking.  If you prepaid your gratuities you will also have to pay the difference if there is any.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

On 2/27/2019 at 3:19 PM, Kreative03 said:

I can confirm that many folks on the 3/10 Edge sailing got MoveUp emails today. i was not one of the lucky ones and am emailing with the MoveUp team to see if my booking is somehow ineligible (which would just be lovely)

I am on the 3/24 sailing and many on my rollcall got the email but I didn't.  I tried the link someone posted earlier and it said that there was no space. It is unlike that I would pay anything extra because I got a great deal through my TA for my A1 and it was a group booking. Maybe the group booking disqualify my reservation. 

On 2/27/2019 at 4:39 PM, miched said:

Just received a move up email for the Edge sailing in March.  

$1000 sky suite

$1500 celebrtiy suite

$2000 Royal

$2750 Edge Villa

all are pp, minimum offer and it is for a 7 day cruise.

the price for the Sky Suite to move up is about the extra it would have cost us for a Sky Suite when we booked the cruise and we would have received all the  perks, more SBC, and the extra points.   We didn’t think it was worth $300/day more at that time and certainly can’t justify it now without the additonal benefits that would have been included.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I think we are on the same sailing. The bid for Sky is also what it would had cost extra for me to get a suite instead of my A1 when I booked back in 2017. Just like you, I didn't think the extra cost per night was worth the extra amenities. 

48 minutes ago, Sandy1975 said:

I think we are on the same sailing. The bid for Sky is also what it would had cost extra for me to get a suite instead of my A1 when I booked back in 2017. Just like you, I didn't think the extra cost per night was worth the extra amenities. 

We could be and also in a A1.  We also got a group booking rate from our TA.    A few of our last cruises were in a Sky Suite and the difference between AQ and SS was reasonable.    It is a nice experience but for us not worth $300/day more.   We now have 2 perks,  drink pack, and $150 pp SBC  plus the future cruise SBC that we used to upgrade to the premium and pay for the grats.  Don’t need the unlimited internet.  By moving up we wouldn’t get any extra perks.

Michaels Club didn’t really impress us, we are satisfied with Blu, and in AQ we get full use of the Persian Gardens.  Don’t like the bathtub in the suites and don’t like bath tubs period as they are too dangerous when only used to shower.   We aren’t pool loungers or sun worshippers so the retreat wouldn’t really be of much use.  

With the amount of vacant cabins I am sure that many will get a move up for the minimum and that is why the prices are high.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

2 hours ago, Sandy1975 said:

I am on the 3/24 sailing and many on my rollcall got the email but I didn't.  I tried the link someone posted earlier and it said that there was no space. It is unlike that I would pay anything extra because I got a great deal through my TA for my A1 and it was a group booking. Maybe the group booking disqualify my reservation. 

Someone reported recently that a TA has to agree to allow their customers to participate in the Move Up program.  Their TA which was a popular discount Warehouse store refuses to participate.

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Someone reported recently that a TA has to agree to allow their customers to participate in the Move Up program.  Their TA which was a popular discount Warehouse store refuses to participate.

I read somewhere else that the warehouse is not part of the move up program. It is not clear if they refuse to participate or they are not eligible to under their contract with cruise company.

On 3/1/2019 at 10:49 AM, jagoffee said:

It has to be an accounting nightmare commission wise for a large TA to be able to keep up with move-up's. I doubt the TA is notified if an up-grade is accepted and then their commission on that upgrade is most likely lost if not reflecting it on the reservation in their system....so I can see why.

21 minutes ago, bajathree said:

It has to be an accounting nightmare commission wise for a large TA to be able to keep up with move-up's. I doubt the TA is notified if an up-grade is accepted and then their commission on that upgrade is most likely lost if not reflecting it on the reservation in their system....so I can see why.

I suspect something a little different, but I have no direct knowledge.  I suspect the TA does not receive any commission on the Move Up bid upgrade and perhaps this particular TA is not willing to accept that requirement/condition.

You are required to provide a Credit Card number to make a bid and it is automatically charged if you win.  I do not believe the TA is involved in anyway with the process or the change.  Perhaps no nightmare, except the lost commission from a possible up-sell.  I would not expect any up-sells once the Move Up bidding process begins, but it is always possible.  

• Like 1

When upgrading (not through move up program), the warehouse TA contact Celebrity and then collect payment information from customer. One cannot do that directly through Celebrity. The payment is actually charged directly by Celebrity though according to the statement. Nevertheless, the warehouse is taking a leading role and the incentive is adjusted accordingly on the confirmation from the warehouse. As the move up is directly handled by Celebrity, the warehouse may be confused with the change in booking. 

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

I suspect something a little different, but I have no direct knowledge.  I suspect the TA does not receive any commission on the Move Up bid upgrade and perhaps this particular TA is not willing to accept that requirement/condition.

You are required to provide a Credit Card number to make a bid and it is automatically charged if you win.  I do not believe the TA is involved in anyway with the process or the change.  Perhaps no nightmare, except the lost commission from a possible up-sell.  I would not expect any up-sells once the Move Up bidding process begins, but it is always possible.  

The upgrade is commissionable to the agent but the client would have to report it to the agent in most cases....which I am betting since this happens so late in the game probably most don't do so and the agent doesn't end up getting the commission....that would at least be my thought for not wanting to get involved. Also changes take time to do in the system and if you are a high volume TA I can see them not wanting to be bothered.

Edited by bajathree

42 minutes ago, bajathree said:

The upgrade is commissionable to the agent but the client would have to report it to the agent in most cases....which I am betting since this happens so late in the game probably most don't do so and the agent doesn't end up getting the commission....that would at least be my thought for not wanting to get involved. Also changes take time to do in the system and if you are a high volume TA I can see them not wanting to be bothered.

Obviously you have direct knowledge and I do not.  If I ever win a bid, I will ask my TA (and expect some additional TA OBC)

If true, it is a good reason to avoid a TA that cannot be bothered, but it does increase the odds of winning a bid for people booking direct or with a different TA.

4 hours ago, bajathree said:

I know that the TA is notified of the upgrade because I got an e-mail from my TA congratulating me on it.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Good luck!  What were the new offers?

As you can see, there’s been a huge drop from my original minimum bids of $2,000pp for Royal; $1550pp for Celebrity and $1,000pp for Sky

82F70596-3374-4C13-A840-097AA1CA99D9.jpeg

Do you receive another email from Celebrity showing the price drop then?  Also, may I ask which ship this is for?  We are on the Edge.  Got one move up email.  Prices too high to bid.  Do I call to check on pricing or do they send another email?

THANKS

37 minutes ago, MamaChach said:

Do you receive another email from Celebrity showing the price drop then?  Also, may I ask which ship this is for?  We are on the Edge.  Got one move up email.  Prices too high to bid.  Do I call to check on pricing or do they send another email?

THANKS

You will have to keep checking the bids from the move up email they sent to you.  You will actually have to click on the category from the email like your going to make a bid to see if it's been lowered since the initial email will only show you what the initial offer was.  Sometimes they send reminder emails to bid as well, but I wouldn't wait for that.  Keep checking with the initial email that was sent.

You can't call Celebrity since the Move Up is done by an outside company called Plusgrade.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MamaChach said:

THANKS

keep clicking the link on your original email and the link will show the new prices, if there are updates.  I did, however, get a new email this morning.  I'm not on Edge.