Ferry to Anguilla

MalGee64

i understand that it’s around $20 and half an hour by ferry one way to Anguilla from either side of St Maarten/St Martin - are there any other things to take into consideration on a one-day stop in Phillipsburg? I think a day trip across would make a nice change to the usual run.

i understand that it’s around $20 and half an hour by ferry one way to Anguilla from either side of St Maarten/St Martin - are there any other things to take into consideration on a one-day stop in Phillipsburg? I think a day trip across would make a nice change to the usual run.

Port times and Ferry times and traffic getting back to port would be things to consider.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I did the trip once, never again, to many things can go wrong, traffic, weather, and scheduling of the ferries.  Went with a group of about 20 from the ship and our group leader was an experienced travel agent who had transportation scheduled and the day all planned out for the group.  Almost did not make it back to the ship, the ferries were running late due to the weather, and when we got back the traffic was bad because of an accident, the last 3 hours of the trip was a white knuckle experience.      

Edited by JamesEM
Typo

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:22 AM, Wishing on a star said:

Being a travel agent does not mean one is familiar with getting around and timing on travels like this between two Caribbean Islands.

I am hoping to find some info on a local operator who might make this possible.

"Local operators" can't control the weather, ferries, or traffic any more than an experienced travel agent.....

We use a lot of local private tours etc., but when visiting another island that's subject to all those variables prefer to book through the cruise line if possible. 

Edited by bouhunter