2 days of ruins too much?

Trueblueky

We are cruising to Cozumel, Costa Maya and Belize. Have any of you done two days of ruins in a row? Thinking of Lamanai, which is a long day, and Chaccoban, which are on consecutive days. If you've done back-to-back ruin days, how was it? Any cautions or suggestions?

We did Lamanai and Chacchoben on consecutive days in Dec 2016. We did not find it too much and enjoyed both.

Lamanai was the longer of the 2 Tours and it poured rain about halfway through the tour, but it was still interesting. We definitely got to see why it is called a rain forest, lol.

We did the Chacchoben Extreme Tour with Native Choice in Costa Maya, which added lunch and some time at a resort at a lagoon to the ruins tour. This allowed some relaxation so the day didn’t seem rushed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the sitting on the bus traveling to and from the ruins would be a bigger issue. That's a lot of bus time.

The ruins are amazing, and we have done lots of them, try to do them anywhere we can, but not sure I would do two days back to back - because of the long travel time, only reason.

robin

I think the sitting on the bus traveling to and from the ruins would be a bigger issue. That's a lot of bus time.

The ruins are amazing, and we have done lots of them, try to do them anywhere we can, but not sure I would do two days back to back - because of the long travel time, only reason.

robin

We did not find either trip overly long or exhausting. I am mid 50s and not in perfect shape, lol. I usually enjoy seeing the scenery and what the country is like outside of the ports.

Our tour to Lamanai was on a bus to the river, then a boat to the ruins. The return trip was the reverse with a stop for lunch between the boat and bus return. The bus ride was probably an hour each way and the boat ride was maybe 30 min each way. The total trip was around 6 - 6.5 hours. We still had time to shop and grab a drink at the port before catching the tender back to the ship.

The trip to Chacchoben was much shorter - maybe 30-40 minutes each way. We stopped to taste some pineapple on the way to the ruins. On the extreme tour we stopped at a resort for lunch and 2 hours at the lagoon. The total trip was probably 6.5 hours and still left us time to shop in the port.

Going to Costa Maya on Celebrity Reflection , however the ship docks at 11.00 am and leaves at 6.00 pm .

Will there be enough time to do the

Chacchoben Extreme Tour with Native Choice in Costa Maya.?

Or would be safer to spend the time at Maya Chan or Jamie`s at the beach as the trip to the ruins would really be cutting it short.

Going to Costa Maya on Celebrity Reflection , however the ship docks at 11.00 am and leaves at 6.00 pm .

Will there be enough time to do the

Chacchoben Extreme Tour with Native Choice in Costa Maya.?

Or would be safer to spend the time at Maya Chan or Jamie`s at the beach as the trip to the ruins would really be cutting it short.

The Extreme Tour is 5.5 - 6 hours, so probably not doable in that time frame. They may tell you they will do it, but either the time at the ruins or lagoon would need to be cut short. If you want to just see the ruins, the basic Chacchoben tour is 4 hours or so and would fit well and the ruins are worth seeing, in my opinion.