Baked Alaska is back.

jdoc2010

We had the bitter n blanc twice on our Memorial day Horizon tour. First time it was served with a cinnamin sauce. Two nights later, our waiter got it special for us with the vanilla sauce, it wasn't on the menu that night.

I'm not a fan of the revived Baked Alaska, just individual, subjective, purely personal taste.

We had Baked Alaska and Bitter n Blanc on Breeze on March. Is Bitter n Blanc good? It’ll be tough to get me off that s’mores parfait

20b7262ad7123d1cc67683dba3eb4d80.png

02f48cb970780a4d999b539d2d4d26ea.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked the Bitter & Blanc but once they started offering the Smores Parfait on same night I gave it up!

Bitter and Blanc is the best dessert on the seas.

@Jimbo, when was the last time you had had Baked Alaska? Curious how long it had been off the menu. It was one of those things where we didn't order it every time but started to miss once it wasn't available.

We had it in May and Feb (not April) but hadn't had it since our Xmas 2016 cruise so it had been missing for at least a year I believe. The version in Feb was about average but my May version wasn't cut correctly and it was all strawberry. They fancied that one up though with really good berries. Combine the two months and it would have been perfect!

On the bitters and Blanc are the nuts large and can be picked out or small ? I can’t eat nuts but can pick big ones out and still enjoy things. Also I keep wondering why woukd cheese plate be offered as desert ? Should that not be an appetizer?

On the bitters and Blanc are the nuts large and can be picked out or small ? I can’t eat nuts but can pick big ones out and still enjoy things. Also I keep wondering why woukd cheese plate be offered as desert ? Should that not be an appetizer?

Are you sure there are nuts in the bitter and blanc? Been a few years since we had it but kind of remember bread pudding with sauce and no nuts in the dessert

I just got off the Pride last week and they served everyone baked alaska on the last night of the cruise whether they wanted it or not. They brought out the whole desserts and were walking around with them and our waiters brought us all a piece. Didn't even get a dessert menu that night. It was really good!

A cheese course is a typical European/gourmet end to a meal rather than or just before a dessert. Have a read:

https://www.thespruceeats.com/serve-a-cheese-plate-for-dessert-591316

There were no nuts in the Bitter and Blanc I had on the Dream.

I liked the Bitter & Blanc but once they started offering the Smores Parfait on same night I gave it up!

The way I handle that specific situation: Bitter & Blanc in the dining room, take the Smores Parfait back to my cabin for a midnight snack. ;p

Bitter n Blanc is fantastic!

We had Baked Alaska and Bitter n Blanc on Breeze on March. Is Bitter n Blanc good? It’ll be tough to get me off that s’mores parfait

20b7262ad7123d1cc67683dba3eb4d80.png

02f48cb970780a4d999b539d2d4d26ea.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had it last month on the Miracle. I wasn’t impressed - I could see other people weren’t as well (lots of pieces left at the tables).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sometimes they overcook it and it comes out really dry and not good.

Sometimes there is almost no chocolate and sometimes there is way too much.

I recommended it to table mates, they all got it, and it was yuck that night.

I don't recommend anything anymore.

But if you get a good one, then it is very good indeed.