Cabo San Lucas - 'Exclusive Beach Resort' Excursion

Tantsee

Note: I also posted this in the Mexican Riviera section.

Does anyone know which resort(s) NCL uses for their Exclusive Beach Resort excursion in Cabo? I understand you can't go in the water (or even walk on the beach?) at many of the Cabo beach resorts. I would hate to book the excursion and then find that we can't even go in the ocean! I realize that I can book directly with a resort, or a 3rd party tour company. However, I would like to take advantage of my $50 port credit if possible (and if economically practical).

"I realize that I can book directly with a resort, or a 3rd party tour company. However, I would like to take advantage of my $50 port credit if possible"

Gotta love how those "perks" lock you into spending more money with NCL. Brilliant marketing gimmick. After the $50 credit, if you're lucky, you'll end up paying as much as if you'd have taken a private excursion.

Trip Adviser is your friend. Do what's going to make you the happiest. Enjoy!

The resort may be Casa Dorada, which is very nice. You can swim on Medano beach which is where most of the hotels are bars are. You can't swim or get near the water on the pacific side which I doubt the resort for that excursion would be.

Enjoy your cruise.

• 1 month later...
I'm not sure which on that is. We booked this one https://cabosanlucascruiseexcursions.com/excursions/cabo-resort-beach-break-day-pass/ and it was the Melia Me. Loved it but you wouldn't be able to use your ship credit. BTW, we did go into the water as it included watersports:)

Thank you. I'll check it out! :cool:

The resort may be Casa Dorada, which is very nice. You can swim on Medano beach which is where most of the hotels are bars are. You can't swim or get near the water on the pacific side which I doubt the resort for that excursion would be.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you! That is helpful to know. :)

"I realize that I can book directly with a resort, or a 3rd party tour company. However, I would like to take advantage of my $50 port credit if possible"

Gotta love how those "perks" lock you into spending more money with NCL. Brilliant marketing gimmick. After the $50 credit, if you're lucky, you'll end up paying as much as if you'd have taken a private excursion.

Isn't that the truth! Fortunately, my math skills are good, so I can compare all options. :D

• 3 weeks later...

yes the one i did with Cabo San Lucas Cruise Excursions was cheaper (third party) and included watersports and a food and beverage credit. We had a choice of a boat trip to lands end, boat snorkeling, Stand up Paddle boarding and a few other options.

Trip Adviser is your friend. Do what's going to make you the happiest. Enjoy!

It's a good deal if you have the port credit twice ($100 per port) due to distinctive voyage and pick your perk. Factor in your Latitudes member excursion discount and the price don't seem too bad.

In Cabo, you can hire a water taxi that will take you on a tour of Pelican Rock, El Arco, and the surrounding area, and then drop you at a snorkel and swim beach (or a Scuba beach if you prefer) for for under $15 PP. We bargained a little and paid $10 each. They make the circuit frequently so you can get a ride back at your convenience. On your return, they will also drop you at any of the many harbor-side resorts and bars. A water taxi anywhere inside the harbor is generally $2 or $3 dollars.

If you really want to do a beach resort there are many available starting at under $60 per PP. Here is a link to a "Beach Break Resort" that came up when I Googled "Cabo day pass". It is under $75 and includes a $30 beverage and dinning credit, swimming pool with swim-up bar, beach towels, beach chairs, beach umbrella, beach bed, kayaks, glass bottom boat, showers, and water taxi return to the dock.

https://cabosanlucascruiseexcursions.com/excursions/cabo-resort-beach-break-day-pass/

In Cabo, you can hire a water taxi that will take you on a tour of Pelican Rock, El Arco, and the surrounding area, and then drop you at a snorkel and swim beach (or a Scuba beach if you prefer) for for under $15 PP. We bargained a little and paid $10 each. They make the circuit frequently so you can get a ride back at your convenience. On your return, they will also drop you at any of the many harbor-side resorts and bars. A water taxi anywhere inside the harbor is generally $2 or $3 dollars.

If you really want to do a beach resort there are many available starting at under $60 per PP. Here is a link to a "Beach Break Resort" that came up when I Googled "Cabo day pass". It is under $75 and includes a $30 beverage and dinning credit, swimming pool with swim-up bar, beach towels, beach chairs, beach umbrella, beach bed, kayaks, glass bottom boat, showers, and water taxi return to the dock.

https://cabosanlucascruiseexcursions.com/excursions/cabo-resort-beach-break-day-pass/

We did this resort pass and it was awesome and it included a boat trip to the arches and by pelican rock and the sea lions ( which smell HORRIBLE, btw) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/23/2018 at 3:07 PM, Visigoth said:

Here is a link to a "Beach Break Resort" that came up when I Googled "Cabo day pass". It is under $75 and includes a $30 beverage and dinning credit, swimming pool with swim-up bar, beach towels, beach chairs, beach umbrella, beach bed, kayaks, glass bottom boat, showers, and water taxi return to the dock.

this sounds like a great deal to us as  well. thank you!!  

Its this more of an adult resort or was it family friendly?

If you just want to go to the beach I think Lovers Beach is the best one.  It's out near the arch and you need to take a water taxi to get there.  You can also walk over to the pacific side on this beach but DONT go in the water on that side.  The bay side is dead calm and fairly shallow for a good distance from shore.  I like this beach better than Medano.  You can actually walk to Medano Beach from the tender drop off pier.  It's about a mile and a half walk around the harbor past all the gazillion dollar boats.  You can also walk to Playa Publica beach.  That one is a short walk from the tender pier (to the left of the pier as you exit)

Edited by TFLG

5 hours ago, TMR2 said:

TFLG are there facilities at Lovers beach? Bathrooms, food/drinks?

No,  but playa publica has some bathrooms and is so close to the pier that it's an easy walk for food and drinks. You can always pick up some drinks and snacks at one of the stores near the pier, then take a water taxi over to Lovers Beach.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 12:39 PM, crossfitmama said:

I'm not sure which on that is. We booked this one https://cabosanlucascruiseexcursions.com/excursions/cabo-resort-beach-break-day-pass/ and it was the Melia Me. Loved it but you wouldn't be able to use your ship credit. BTW, we did go into the water as it included watersports:)

Just booked this after reading a few more good reviews. Thank you!

I've noticed they now list two resort days - one that says it's an adults only resort.  Anyone have a clue which on this is?  I would like to use my $50 credit, but since it's a new listing on the site, there are no reviews.

Thanks!