RCI drydock schedule

All of Allures April 2020 Caribbean sailings have been cancelled. Looks like they are adjusting her itineraries so she can do the Westbound TA in April. Whether or not the drydock is in the spring or fall remains to be seen.

Anyone booked on those April cruises should just wait until Royal calls with an offer to move you to a different date. If you move on your own before the call you won’t get any compensation.

Anyone know when the Allure is scheduled for dry dock. We have sailings for April 19 & 26 of 2020. Oh no could this be the reason I can't bring cruises for the Caribbean in 2020 for the Allure, because they have cancelled them.
If she follows the pattern that Oasis is doing in 2019 she will do a transatlantic mid April, then sail the med and do her drydock.

She has to go to Europe for her drydock.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

If she follows the pattern that Oasis is doing in 2019 she will do a transatlantic mid April, then sail the med and do her drydock.

She has to go to Europe for her drydock.

It's also what Oasis and Allure did in 2014 and 2015 for their first drydock.

Ken, thank you, Beth was concerned about her dry dock dates, and this morning when I went in to check prices, the Web site wouldn't bring up the April cruises which had me concerned something was up. I put in an email to my TA to confirm. I can adjust my dates, not sure if the daughter can. The TA might be nice on the Allure as we would still get in our 14 days we had set up for the B2B on the Caribbean sailings on the Allure. i can move us back into March, but will wait & see.

Gay

Ken, thank you, Beth was concerned about her dry dock dates, and this morning when I went in to check prices, the Web site wouldn't bring up the April cruises which had me concerned something was up. I put in an email to my TA to confirm. I can adjust my dates, not sure if the daughter can. The TA might be nice on the Allure as we would still get in our 14 days we had set up for the B2B on the Caribbean sailings on the Allure. i can move us back into March, but will wait & see.

Gay

At least its a long ways out. You don't need to rush to do anything. Be prepared for Royal to take St least, 2 weeks and possibly longer to notify you of the change and give you some options.

Has anyone been on the last sailing prior to a dry dock refurbishment. I am looking at the third week in September in the med next year but Oasis goes into dry dock after that sailing.

I sailed Allure two weeks post drydock in the med a few years and it was a great trip but I’ve heard that construction sometime starts on that last sailing. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thx

Has anyone been on the last sailing prior to a dry dock refurbishment. I am looking at the third week in September in the med next year but Oasis goes into dry dock after that sailing.

I sailed Allure two weeks post drydock in the med a few years and it was a great trip but I’ve heard that construction sometime starts on that last sailing. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thx

Yes, we did this on a Voyager class ships, cannot remember which. They started stringing network cable in the ceiling of the passenger corridors on that cruise. Not a big deal.

Right now I can move us to March, either the 1st & 8th or the 8th & 15th of 2020. I will wait on my TA to get back to me and have alerted the daughter. by moving to March the total prices of the two cruises would jump to roughly $400 more. I guess if you cruise long enough you will get hit with a change, have been lucky up until now.

Gay

Right now I can move us to March, either the 1st & 8th or the 8th & 15th of 2020. I will wait on my TA to get back to me and have alerted the daughter. by moving to March the total prices of the two cruises would jump to roughly $400 more. I guess if you cruise long enough you will get hit with a change, have been lucky up until now.

Gay

I’ve been through this a couple of times. Unfortunately your TA won’t be able to get anymore information for you. You will know from what is posted here more than your TA will get by calling Royal. She will be told that the sailing is closed for “inventory maintenance”. Only when Royal is ready to release the information will you (or your TA be notified). As I stated earlier this could be anywhere from 2-4 weeks or longer. It’s a pain not knowing but it is what it is.

Royal will offer a couple of price protected sailings around the same dates as well as some OBC ($100-$400) depending on cabin type) that can be used on the price protected sailings or can be used on any other sailing at its current price.

If you make your own alternative plans and move or cancel this cruise before Royal contacts you then you will not receive any compensation.

I know it’s tough but you just have to wait until Royal contacts you.

I’ve been through this a couple of times. Unfortunately your TA won’t be able to get anymore information for you. You will know from what is posted here more than your TA will get by calling Royal. She will be told that the sailing is closed for “inventory maintenance”. Only when Royal is ready to release the information will you (or your TA be notified). As I stated earlier this could be anywhere from 2-4 weeks or longer. It’s a pain not knowing but it is what it is.

Royal will offer a couple of price protected sailings around the same dates as well as some OBC ($100-$400) depending on cabin type) that can be used on the price protected sailings or can be used on any other sailing at its current price.

If you make your own alternative plans and move or cancel this cruise before Royal contacts you then you will not receive any compensation.

I know it’s tough but you just have to wait until Royal contacts you.

Know my situation isn't same for most but I got lucky when they canceled the 14n Vision Repo sailing last Fall, which I had Aft/Corner Jr. Within 3 days had changed to 12n Aft Jr on Serenade over same dates. Price locked so saved $900 over a new booking, and they gave me OBC of $400. Soon as I heard on here I was proactive in my situation to scoop up and put hold on my new cabin...

Know my situation isn't same for most but I got lucky when they canceled the 14n Vision Repo sailing last Fall, which I had Aft/Corner Jr. Within 3 days had changed to 12n Aft Jr on Serenade over same dates. Price locked so saved $900 over a new booking, and they gave me OBC of $400. Soon as I heard on here I was proactive in my situation to scoop up and put hold on my new cabin...

We have done the same thing. You can't stall on aft cabins......

Royal applied the $200 OBC (balcony) even though we were proactive and booked before it was officially cancelled. In my case Royal saw I booked the cruise the same day Royal unofficially cancelled and applied the OBC.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Does Allure canceling/changing initery in april mean that some of the other oasis class ship might change initary aswell?

Was hoping for a easter cruise in 2020 with only two sea days like Allure had.

Does Allure canceling/changing initery in april mean that some of the other oasis class ship might change initary aswell?

Was hoping for a easter cruise in 2020 with only two sea days like Allure had.

Doubtful. Any other changes would probably take place in May and those itineraries haven't been released

Ken a several years ago when the Mariner was on the West Coast, then got switched to Europe, I alerted my TA of the change, she asked how I learned so quickly as she hadn't heard anything, I told her through CC.:). Since we also were doing a TA the following Fall I moved the money from the Mariner sailing to the TA. I will wait and see what is offered.

Gay

Not sure if it was said where OP got info but my DW and I and others travelling with us are scheduled for Nov 30, 2019 on the Rhapsody out of Tampa. If the TA would to be cancelled or changed, could it affect our cruise? It still showing available for that date.

Edited by smalltimecruiser100
added

Don't know where OP got info but we are scheduled for Nov 30, 2019 on the Rhapsody out of Tampa. If the TA would to be cancelled or changed, would that affect our cruise? It's still showing available. When would RCI close off sales?

Unknown, could be any time.

Is it official about the Rhapsody and the dry dock schedule as I don't see it anywhere. Do you have a link on it?

I've not seen anything official from the cruise line on a Rhapsody dry dock.