RCI drydock schedule

Oasis has her drydock in 2019. Right now there is a 2 month gap however her TA will take up part of that.

There have been some ships in for some pretty extensive drydocks lately and they didn’t do that much work to the interior cabins so I wouldn’t hold my breath on that.

I think the Suites were upgraded. I saw video and photos of Serenade upgrading Suites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oasis has her drydock in 2019. Right now there is a 2 month gap however her TA will take up part of that.

There have been some ships in for some pretty extensive drydocks lately and they didn’t do that much work to the interior cabins so I wouldn’t hold my breath on that.

Agreed re cabins. Mariner and Indy's cabins remained pretty much unchanged. With Oasis being even newer, I think the cabins will stay as is, besides required maintenance and furnishing replacements.

I'm thinking streets, hotels that don't have a two night minimum on the weekend, shuttles, multiple rental car agencies open on Sunday that take and issue on-way rentals. Building the terminal is the easy part, the surroundng infrastructure is the harder part.

Plus one road in and one road out. I also wonder if the Texas booze tax might play a factor.

How about the Rhapsody which we(9 with 4 cabins booked) are on in Nov 2019? Hey the OP says one thing and Bridget from RCCL says differently about the Rhapsody. Who am I surpose to believe???? and yes I know I'm a year and a half out but right now we are all on the same deck near each other.

Reading this about Rhapsody - now I'm a little nervous. We have Serenade Oct. 2019 booked to arrive in Ft. Lauderdale Nov. 8th - fly out same day to Barcelona for Nov. 9, 2019 Rhapsody crossing back to Tampa.

It's early but how can we feel comfortable to book flights? What happens if we book & then cruise is cancelled? Any idea how far in advance would we know about all this?

Thanks!

NJ

Can run late that day on Serenade Repo, many cruiser's getting off B2B's with lot of Luggage. Done 5 of this sailings and will be on 2018 & your's. With you needing be in Europe next day wouldn't take flight before Noon. Make sure do early walk off, usually starts about 7:30(been later). One sailing I had number 18 and didnt get to Airport until 10:45, but that is an exception. Ironic thing is it's quicker get threw Customs if Serenade is at the older Terminal, not Allure's...

Unknown when find out if canceled....

I think the Suites were upgraded. I saw video and photos of Serenade upgrading Suites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Except for Suites Serenade didn't do any other cabins or much to public spaces. Every yr when Serenade returns to Florida they do lot of upkeep. Paint all and takes about month but they remove, sand, stain all railings on the ship. I do B2B2B and one cruise, no railing on my Balcony, next sailing it's back...

It's early but how can we feel comfortable to book flights? What happens if we book & then cruise is cancelled? Any idea how far in advance would we know about all this?

I wouldn't book flights more than 6 months out - unlikely things will change that close to sailing.

• 1 month later...
After I read this a couple of days ago, I checked on our 4-26-20 Allure cruise and it looked like booking WAS once again available.

But it looks like it’s gone again?

Yes now they are closed again. Weird I don't know when they came back online but now they are closed again

I am not seeing any cruises for April 2020 for the Allure. right now I am happy to have moved to the Freedom as we will actually get 2 additional Ports over the 7 days because only 1 Sea Day.

It wasn’t earlier today

They reappeared for sale I guess a week or two ago and yesterday then went offline again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...