Sandals Day Passes Suspended

Sampiggy

Just wanted to add...

Traffic backs up when Schools let's out around 2/3 pm. And again during rush hour. 4:30 /6. The short ride can take the better part of an hour during those times. Taxi or jitney doesn't matter. Give yourselves plenty of time

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

What was your day like when you arrived?

We went to the beach when we got there, and when the bar opened we moved to the pool for the rest of the day!

Where did you eat lunch?

They had two restaurants open for lunch, the buffet and the grille. We went to the buffet, and it was amazing. The food for the day was “Caribbean” theamed. Apparently the grill ha burgers, hot dogs, etc. I also saw a nacho bar set up before the restaurants opened but we didn’t eat it. ALSO.. there’s a little Pizza Bar open all day.

Did you use any of the watersports?

No— everything was closed because of the rough seas. It was pretty windy while we were there. But, if it had been opened we could have used anything. There is a shuttle that takes you across to the sandals island, where there is snorkeling, more chairs/umbrellas and 2 more restaurants, pools and bars. Was a little bummed we didn’t get to see it!

What time did you leave the resort to be back to your ship for all aboard time?

We were supposed to be back on board at 4:30, so we left at 3:30 and got back on the ship at 4! The front desk called a cab for us.

Just a little FYI— make sure you have an ID with you. They require it, and keep it in a lock box while you are there.

Thank you so much for the information. I may have to change my plans because apparently our stop in Nassau has been changed from 10am to 4pm instead of 6pm. Not sure it will be worth the cost now with the shortened time.

You mentioned taking an ID. Did they accept your cruise card or did you use a Driver's license?

You mentioned taking an ID. Did they accept your cruise card or did you use a Driver's license?

You'll need your driver's license. You have to take that with you off the ship anyway because it's required to get back through the cruise terminal.

With your time in port, I agree that it wouldn't be worth getting a day pass. You'd need to leave the resort by 2:30 so you'd only have about 4 hours there.

We just did this yesterday!! AMAZINGGG!!!

So when you get off the ship, you will be BOMBARDED with the usual people asking you to take excursions, etc.

We were worried about getting there too late for a pass so honestly we didn’t “shop around” for transportation, we wanted to get there ASAP!

We found a taxi driver to take us, and while he was getting his vehicle, another guy (tried to) lie to us, saying our driver wanted us to take horse and carriage ride to sandals. Haha! Anyways.. it was $30. Took about 15 minutes to get there.

On the way back, we split a cab with another couple on the ship so it was $15/each.

If anyone has any questions just let me know!!!

PS—- hope everyone going loves RUM!!!!

What exactly is included with the day pass?

Thank you so much for the information. I may have to change my plans because apparently our stop in Nassau has been changed from 10am to 4pm instead of 6pm. Not sure it will be worth the cost now with the shortened time.

I had so much fun that I’d do it again if I only had 4 hours! I would just make sure to try to get off the ship as soon as they let you! But— it was major to me that there wasn’t a huge crowd and that there was shade at the pools and beach. I’m very pale so I need it!

We were there Sunday 09/30 for our second trip. Love it there! The food was very good at the french restaurant for breakfast then at the cafe for lunch. Unfortunately, the private island was closed due to choppy water.

What time did you arrive at the resort? I couldn't find any information on the Sandals website about the hours allowed for the day pass. Due to the choppy water, were any of the watersports like paddleboards available to use?

What time did you arrive at the resort? I couldn't find any information on the Sandals website about the hours allowed for the day pass. Due to the choppy water, were any of the watersports like paddleboards available to use?

Here you go. Price is different, but hours are the same :

https://www.nassauparadiseisland.com/experiences/day-passes/spend-day-sandals

:cool:

This thread is for Sandals not Breezes.

Ha! Yes, I can read....apparently you haven't read the entire thread or you would see that there has been chatter of numerous resorts offering day passes, including Breezes. It was a simple question and I don't think it hurt a thing by asking it here vs. starting a new thread. Besides, I messaged someone on another travel site last week and received an immediate response.

Not being sarcastic....I've been on this board for a long time.....:)

• 2 months later...

Hello All!!

I see it's been a few months since anyone has posted in this thread, but i'm just curious as to if anyone has had any recent news of the day pass availability???  We have done day passes at other Sandals locations, but never this one.  It was usually arranged per email.  Does anyone have an email for someone at the resort that handles this?  I would call, but I seem to have exhausted all my options for international calling them and can't get it to work!!  We sail in a few weeks.  Thanks in advance to anyone who may have some info!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 7:27 AM, parkercat123 said:

We just did this yesterday!! AMAZINGGG!!!

If anyone has any questions just let me know!!!

PS—- hope everyone going loves RUM!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! We are highly considering a Sandals day pass for our cruise in early March. Did you call Sandals before going to check if they had availability for the day pass? Or did you arrange it another way?  I've read that you're supposed to call the day before.  But I won't be able to make calls from the ship the day before, or even the morning of, without a ridiculous charge, so this seems difficult to do... Thanks for any insight!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...