Does anybody do the same cruise mutiple times ???

HI All,

Are we a bit strange ? as we have just booked on a particular cruise 13 nights that we have already done three time before.

We just enjoy being on a ship with lots of sea days, and the total relaxation.

Our friends think we are mad, we should go and try something new.

What are your thoughts

Cheers Don

We have done the same cruises before and continue to do them while mixing them with new cruises. It is nice to take the same cruise as it feels like home when we are on it with no expectations for excursions because we have done them before. It is just relax and do whatever we want with little cares or urgencies.

I am on an itinerary later this year for the first time. For one of the roll call members, it his 9th time on this itinerary. It is the third time with his family group of 17 people.

So it is not unusual for people to take the same itinerary a number of times.

There are huge numbers of uber-Elites who booked the same itinerary on the same ship in the same cabin for the same week every year. And who howl with protest if their "favorite" ship has any changes in deployment. You should have seen some of the posts they put on Princess' FB page in years past. Nowadays they are a bit out of luck as the new ships always spend their first couple years with the very predictable schedule of Northern Europe summers/Caribbean rest of year. Which results in a cascade of re-deployments with different ships elsewhere. The longest-tenured ship in the same place (apart from those in Australia or Asia, though they do shift around the region as well) I believe is Ruby Princess which will hit six years of Alaska summers/Los Angeles rest of year--before shifting to Australia late 2019 (but returning to Alaska in 2020). Cue the howlers who wanted the same ship for their annual Mexican Riviera cruise yet again...

I have been on the same sort of itinerary 6 times already - using two different lines simply because depending on the dates the cost is better. I don’t think it is mad. I enjoy not having to research my cruise. I am just about to depart from Alaska which is so different from my familiar western med. it has been such hard work but enjoyable work!

I know that if I lived in USA I would repeat it - and the second, third and fourth times would be better. Once you get familiar with a place it becomes easier to plan what you want to do.

Plan the vacation you want - not the one your friends think you should have

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have an itinerary we love. To Tasmania. Done it multiple times. It’s a bit of a go to if we want to try a new line, we know we will love the ports so even if the ships a dud it’s not a total loss.

But we’ve done it by land too.

We like to do the NZ cruise every two years.

Don't have to think about what to do in port. No stress and no worries. Total relaxation.

The Fiords are different every time and the NZ scenery/gardens change from November to April.

I can hear my sisters thoughts when I tell her we are doing another NZ cruise. But we enjoy it and to each their own.

We try to do one different cruise each year usaully a relocation and go out to the Islands when we want a short cruise as a filler or to try out a new ship.

I travel for itinerary when I take a cruise vacation, so I’m not interested in just being on a ship for the amenities. Been to Alaska, Hawaii and the ABC Islands (S. Caribbean) with Princess. Going to Bermuda in October with Royal Caribbean. Next up in 2019: Baltic and Norwegian Fjords (b2b) with Princess.

For the Caribbean i look at it as the ship and a warm weather vacation, for Europe I look at the ports first, the cruise line and ship is secondary.

Just did British Isles on the Royal, would love to do it again in a couple of years, great ports and more to see!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Odds are, everyone from Fort Lauderdale has done the same cruises over and over again.

Odds are, not everyone. I can easily drive to the port but repeating a cruise - not going to happen. There are way too many places to see and adventures to embark on in this world to for me to spend time cruising to the same place multiple times. Cruising limits ones options, as a significant part of the world isn’t near water.

Like others have said - each person should do what they enjoy. Seeing and experiencing the world is my passion. Cruising works at times, but not very often.

Hiking in Nepal is next - A cruise just doesn’t work for this one :D

Princess cruise #17 next March will be the first time we are repeating an itinerary (10 day Southern Caribbean Medley). We have certainly repeated a few ports, but would rather mix things up as a general rule.

We did repeat the same 7 day itinerary on NCL out of Manhattan, but on two different ships. However, these were more quick getaways with no airfare, which is why I can see why those that live near Ft. Lauderdale might like to repeat ships and itineraries.

I travel for itinerary when I take a cruise vacation, so I’m not interested in just being on a ship for the amenities. Been to Alaska, Hawaii and the ABC Islands (S. Caribbean) with Princess. Going to Bermuda in October with Royal Caribbean. Next up in 2019: Baltic and Norwegian Fjords (b2b) with Princess.

Same here.....we are trying to do every itinerary Princess sails and it has been fun, entertaining, educational and not boring. Have no interest in doing the same cruise more then once if we do not have too....:)

since we are limited to school breaks and Princess itineraries doesn't actually shine in the choice of ports during said school breaks, we are simply forced to repeat cruises..

Which is very said when the destinations are limited to princess cays, Falmouth and Cozumel...

We got very lucky back in 2016 because the Spring break itinerary included ABC islands instead of Cozumel, Falmouth and Princess Cays.

Interesting posts and your choice to do what suits you best! :) I cruise to see new places. However, I am doing Quebec to Ft. L. itinerary this Fall. My 3rd NE cruise, I don't mind repeating. I take longer cruises, no 7 days, preferably 12 or more, no Caribbean cruises, did many before the mega ships arrived. I repeat transatlantic cruises making sure there are a few new places involved before I book one.

We’ve done the same cruise a couple of times. But, often new itineraries will stop in one or two ports we’ve already visited. It’s kind of nice to stop in places you’ve already been. It gives you more of a “local” feel when you already know your way around.

I live in Minnesota so I love to go to the Caribbean in the winter for a little sun and warmth. I am booked for my 31st cruise and all but one have been in the Caribbean. Sometimes they have been on the same ship and the itineraries change a little but I have been to the same islands many times. Sometimes I’ll do different things on a particular island and sometimes I go back to a place I love. One example is on Barbados I love the Flower Forest and the Bathsheba area.