Grandeur Bow Damage

Can't be used without lifeguard....

Lifeguards told me they do not watch hot tubs, only pools. Hot tubs are still under the purview of the Hotel Director while the lifeguards and pools are part of the marine side.

Edited by Host Clarea

Lifeguards told me they do not watch hot tubs, only pools. Hot subs are still under the purview of the Hotel Director while the lifeguards and pools are part of the marine side.
Until someone has an unfortunate accident in a hot tub and sues Royal.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Lifeguards told me they do not watch hot tubs, only pools. Hot subs are still under the purview of the Hotel Director while the lifeguards and pools are part of the marine side.

I can understand hot subs being under the F&B Director and the HD, but I would think that the hot tub maintenance is under engine, and the operation is under deck (cleaning and water chemistry).

I can understand hot subs being under the F&B Director and the HD, but I would think that the hot tub maintenance is under engine, and the operation is under deck (cleaning and water chemistry).

Good one.:)

The point I was trying to make is that the lifeguards (pools) report to the Staff Captain, while the pool attendants (hot tubs) report to the hotel side.

Ok, I've tried to attach the image like Merion_Mom suggested. Here goes nothing...

As Chengkp75 said earlier, it clearly isn't damage that would affect the safety or operation of the ship, but it looked significant enough to where I didn't remember seeing or hearing about it before.

IMG_3036.thumb.jpg.b8a261051e5cfcf5fab5b921ecfdd5f2.jpg

Ok, I've tried to attach the image like Merion_Mom suggested. Here goes nothing...

As Chengkp75 said earlier, it clearly isn't damage that would affect the safety or operation of the ship, but it looked significant enough to where I didn't remember seeing or hearing about it before.

You need to choose the "forum" option :)

I remember a Captains Corner a few years ago where there was a question regarding the roughest weather the captain had sailed in. He replied that was when he was on Grandeur they took the ship out of dry dock and put to sea to avoid a hurricane. Unfortunately the bow was damaged by heavy seas, I remember him saying that you could still see the damage to this day! Sorry I cannot recall the time or place of either question or hurricane.

Perhaps this may help explain ?

Ugh...it sucks not being computer savvy. The photo I captured from the same website (with better, earlier lighting) clearly shows it's damage. The top edge of the hull plating is bent upward, and you can see where the steel plating was pressed in against the inner "rib" type framework beneath. Also shows what looks like lighter damage on the leading edge of the bow, below and forward of the anchor housing.

If you have an image that clearly shows damage and you want to email it to bmccall AT insight dot rr dot com, I'd be happy to post it here.

that's why the ship was in port for extra time when all the others left

We were not scheduled to sail until just before midnight.

Let's not start a panic. Deck 5 is my quiet spot as we limp back to Baltimore. A mass exodus to the muster stations will end the solace and reveal my shady hiding spot.