What is the 1 thing you would like to see Carnival improve?

A&Jfamily

Very true about how taste differs. May I ask you to elaborate? Specifically more detail about your food experiences on Escape. Just curious.

Sure...there are a ton of options on Escape, but for the most part they are all pay. Carnival you have guys, blue iguana, Mongolian wok, pasta bar and pig and anchor all for free. If memory serves me right all you had on escape was the pub. I honestly was not a big fan of the pub food. The menu options in the MDR on carnival seem to be more to my liking. We always had trouble choosing a dish. Not the case with escape. I will say quality was about the same.

Sure...there are a ton of options on Escape, but for the most part they are all pay. Carnival you have guys, blue iguana, Mongolian wok, pasta bar and pig and anchor all for free. If memory serves me right all you had on escape was the pub. I honestly was not a big fan of the pub food. The menu options in the MDR on carnival seem to be more to my liking. We always had trouble choosing a dish. Not the case with escape. I will say quality was about the same.

Thanks for providing the additional detail. You are right, Food Republic and some of the other options on Escape are for a, I'll say, 'nominal' fee, but the food quality was superior enough to Guy's and Blue Iguana that I was very happy to pay. I will say, however, that Mongolian Wok on Carnival is very good, but neither myself nor my sister can eat there anymore because of food allergies. I like O'Sheehan's pub on NCL, but, you are right, not everything on the menu is good. I only order certain things there. Lastly, I feel that Escape's MDR food is much better than Carnival's current MDR offerings, but on par with Carnivals MDR offerings from 8 or 9 years ago.

But on Royal that benefit is available every night.

Yes that's a real nice perk! Carnival perks are far below Royal. Carnival does have brilliant VIFP changes coming.

Very true in my opinion. In fact declining food quality is the reason we left Carnival for NCL. I've only been on NCL Getaway and NCL Escape, but the food on both ships is phenomenal, with many more options then Carnival. If Carnival stepped up their food quality in the MDR and Lido back to what it was 9 or 10 years ago, we'd book Carnival again. But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Have not sailed NCL but you you got it correct with Carnivals food cutbacks over the last decade.

And? This isn't an RCCL thread. :rolleyes:

Yep you got it, it's not a RCCL thread, #winning! Its a comparison of what they want improved. Which this thread IS about. Isn't it? Can't someone mentioned Royal without a cheerleader pouncing.

When I was on NCL Escape last year and on NCL Getaway in 2016, the muster drill was held inside. Also on Crown Princess in 2013, the muster drill was held inside also. So perhaps there is a more broad guideline. Carnival is the only line that I've sailed where the muster drill was held outside.

Valid point, but still unrelated. Carnival can only conduct the musters where designated by SOLAs when the ship was launched. The newer ships don't have space to conduct muster near the lifeboats (which is preferred by the powers that be) so alternate locations like lounges, dining rooms etc. were selected. Better for us but again, out of Carnival's control. If they could I'm sure they'd opt to make all their passengers more comfortable during muster.

**UPDATED*** I can't say it's true because I'd be repeating heresay (which I'm doing anyway LOL!) but I read that if a ship goes through a significant change during drydock (e.g. Destiny/Sunshine amount of updates) that the cruiseline can request that SOLAS reevaluation the locations of muster.

Make changes to the Cheers Packages I for one do not want to drink fifteen alcohol drinks a day. Make a cheaper package for say five alcohol drinks a day but still include the other drinks you can get with Cheers package. The price for the Cheers Package now may be good if you can drink fifteen alcohol drinks plus everything else every day but I for one don't want to stay drunk for my cruise I want to enjoy the cruise

A more expensive cabin is by default, more profitable than the cheapest interior. It has nothing to do with being rich.

Except that Carnival always sells the glamorous cabins anyway and they also need to sell the crappy cabins.

MDR experience. In order: 1) improve food quality, 2) increase wait staff (stop overworking them, it's not just them who suffer!), 3) bring back the tablecloths.

Great ideas on 2/3. I think the food quality is fine, would like a larger selection though.

Great ideas on 2/3. I think the food quality is fine, would like a larger selection though.

We've never had an issue with quality or service (but then again we use early dining and perhaps it isn't as busy). As for table cloths, don't care.

Yep you got it, it's not a RCCL thread, #winning! Its a comparison of what they want improved. Which this thread IS about. Isn't it? Can't someone mentioned Royal without a cheerleader pouncing.

Funny but I don't see anything in the thread title asking to compare Carnival to RCCL.

Just checked again. Nope, still nothing about RCCL so no, it's NOT what this thread is about. :rolleyes:

BTW, you pay for those "perks" on RCCL in the form of higher cabin prices.

Hmmmm....now where did I put my pom poms at??? :confused: Oh, that's right, I don't have any because I'm only loyal to my wallet, not a cruise line meaning I've sailed RCCL 3 times and have two more booked with them. Still couldn't care any less about their perks.

I think the best option at this point, is to copy several in the hotel industry, and create/convert to a duel branding of Carnival and Carnival Plus ships. I'm sure there are plenty on here, who would happily pay for a mid-level experience, with the Carnival theme and crossover loyalty points.

That’s a suggestion for Holland America Line... not Carnival.

If I were to come up with one thing I'd like to see changed, it would be for Carnival to get their own private island. They have a history of using others' islands including RCI's island but I think if they had their own, they could make it their own...meaning keeping CCL's fun theme ashore like what RCI is doing to Coco Cay (and did to Labadee), and what NCL did to Harvest Cay.