Solo drinks package. Possible?

I like to enjoy a little drink on a cruise. Not to excess, but I find having a package is way more fun than just buying drinks as I go along. My wife, however, barely drinks at all, so paying for two packages makes no sense at all.

Recently, we have sailed Norwegian and Celebrity and had the package included, so would like to have it again. I know if we book it in advance, we must get it for all in the cabin, but can anyone tell me whether I can buy just one package on board?

Sorry if it’s been asked, but I couldn’t find anything.

if y ou call them and have a reason your wife cannt drink but if you likely say because she doesnt drink a lot then i can see that request being denied . ie medical issues . i had to get a statement from my wives dr explaining she couldnt drink carbonated or alcholic drink. they approved it for just me with out a refreshment package for my wife . this last cruise i went ahead and got the refreshment package for my wife just because i found them so fair minded previosly

I called on Sunday and said "I would like to purchase a deluxe package for myself and a refreshment package for my wife who doesn't drink." Rep said "sure thing I can get that taken care of right away."

They took my cc and I got an email a few minutes later. Simple as that. Caught a buy one get one 50% on deluxe package (which is 25 percent off one) and a 30% off refreshment. Ended up being the same price for both of us as it was for buying it just for my self on the ship (which they let me due on Allure in March).

This was my second time calling with no problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

There is another option and this one is shareable: They have a "10 Drink" punch card that runs about $79, plus 18% gratuity. That’s a total of $93.22 for 10 drinks. It can be a little bit less expensive than paying one at a time depending on what you order.

Here is a link to an article dated April 2018 that explains how they work.

https://www.cruzely.com/everything-to-know-about-royal-caribbeans-10-drink-cards/

There is another option and this one is shareable: They have a "10 Drink" punch card that runs about $79, plus 18% gratuity. That’s a total of $93.22 for 10 drinks. It can be a little bit less expensive than paying one at a time depending on what you order.

https://www.cruzely.com/everything-to-know-about-royal-caribbeans-10-drink-cards/

The problems with the 10-drink card are that it is not always offered, and when it is offered, it's usually in the second half of the cruise.

"IF" a cruise offers the card it's usually 4th or 5th day of cruise. Might be offered one week but not the next. It's offered when liquor sales are low that week in a way to meet a cruise Quota...

The problems with the 10-drink card are that it is not always offered, and when it is offered, it's usually in the second half of the cruise.

I have seen them promoted late in the cruise too, but never thought to ask if I could get one sooner. Has anyone ever tried asking at a bar when they boarded?

I have seen them promoted late in the cruise too, but never thought to ask if I could get one sooner. Has anyone ever tried asking at a bar when they boarded?

Yes, we did on Oasis last year. The bartender told us to come back on day 3. We did, and then he said to come back the next day. It was available on day 4. I think the availability depends on bar sales.

Yes, we did on Oasis last year. The bartender told us to come back on day 3. We did, and then he said to come back the next day. It was available on day 4. I think the availability depends on bar sales.

Interesting, thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,

Hope this helps

That is outdated information and no longer correct.

When Royal first reintroduced the purchasing of the drink package for all in the room the did make exceptions for various reasons for the first few weeks and did allow only one person in the room to buy the delux package with no requirement to buy an different type of drink package.

After the first couple of weeks Royal started requiring anyone (21 and over) who was in the room to get a refreshment (very rarely a soda) package if only one guest wanted the delux package.

If it's a husband/wife, then likely you're on the same "account"...so it may be cheaper to simply "pay as you go" rather than buying 2 packages that only 1 will use.

What a shame. In our case, Royal will lose money! I love the freedom to try different drink without having to pay $10 or more each, and I simply won't drink at all without a package. There never would be a question of buying two packages.

There is no real reason for them to insist that all in the cabin must buy the package except pure greed. With the refreshment package suddenly jumping from$18 to $26 overnight, the soda package will just have to do.

I had the same experience when I asked on Explorer

There is no real reason for them to insist that all in the cabin must buy the package except pure greed. With the refreshment package suddenly jumping from$18 to $26 overnight, the soda package will just have to do.

Reportedly, lots of people were sharing their packages. Either a person getting multiple drinks at the bar then distributing them, or a drinker giving their Freestyle Coke glass to a non-drinker. But yes, the primary reason is more money. It's always about money.

As for the refreshment package price, it (and the booze) package goes on sale often. It isn't marked as a sale, the price just changes. Keep checking and you'll likely see it at that price (or close) again. The soft drink package never goes down in price, only up.

What a shame. In our case, Royal will lose money! I love the freedom to try different drink without having to pay $10 or more each, and I simply won't drink at all without a package. There never would be a question of buying two packages.

Not saying that this is your intention but the biggest reason for having both people buy a package was due to people sharing packages. Unfortunately the actions of some ruined things for all.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app