Movies filmed on Harmony of the Seas

And how about the scattering of Gabes ashes from the 14th deck.:eek:

You'd think Royal wouldn't want people to think that sort of thing was permitted!

I see a bunch of comments were deleted so I will also repost that I wonder how Kelsey Grammer's character was able to board when the husband's name was supposedly on the reservation. And of course Harmony doesn't sail into NY, but I guess that's not as bad as some of the other liberties they took.

Maybe I missed it, but did they show the Aqua Theatre? (If that's what it is called, I haven't been on that class of ship) I saw the zipline, flowrider, etc...maybe I missed it. We are longtime almost Diamond Plus RCI cruisers, haven't been in a few years, we've switched to the Viking Ocean smaller ships. Funny seeing the huge ship...we started on Nordic Prince! Thought Song of America was huge and when the Sovereign came around...wow!! We loved our RCI experiences but the huge ships are just not for us. Seeing this movie, however, I think will bring a lot of folks to RCI. They will love the big resort type feel. Good for RCI for promoting this way.

Yeah, the CD was kind of like an old time game show host. And they had Captain Johnny giving the CD speech in the morning. But by and large I think it brought good exposure to RCI and it was a good mindless movie with a happy ending. I have a busted ankle and I was home from work for 2 weeks on crutches trying to watch good mindless movies with happy endings. This one suffices!!

I liked it...not because it was a particularly good movie, but I like Kristin Bell. Lots and lots of RCCL product placements. Obviously they offered their facilities for free, but it also makes me wonder whether or not they paid cash for the plugs. It was a bit over the top.

They both wore RCI t shirts, the RCI bags, announcements, etc.

Not having been on that ship, which category cabin were they in? Obviously not the "honeymoon suite", but it appeared to have a sofa and a large (side, from the view) balcony cabin. Is that a true cabin or just a mock up? Obviously when they threw the ashes over it wasn't from the ship, nor were the scenes surrounding as their hair was blowing in the wind, but the clouds and stars stayed put!!

They both wore RCI t shirts, the RCI bags, announcements, etc.

Not having been on that ship, which category cabin were they in? Obviously not the "honeymoon suite", but it appeared to have a sofa and a large (side, from the view) balcony cabin. Is that a true cabin or just a mock up? Obviously when they threw the ashes over it wasn't from the ship, nor were the scenes surrounding as their hair was blowing in the wind, but the clouds and stars stayed put!!

LOL. When we were watching it my GF said "those ashes would have blown into their faces and the decks below, they wouldn't have even made it to the water."

I didn't disagree.

I watched it last night and it was fun, not cringey. I felt it was done well if you were thinking of going on a cruise for the first time, it would make you want to try it. I’ve been on Harmony twice and there were a lot of places not shown in the movie. But great advertising for RC. I love Kelsey Grammer, he was great as the Dad. But the part with the ashes would never happen on a ‘real’ cruise.

Cheers!

Joan

Saw it as well. I've not been on the harmony but the theater was not typical of rccl cruise set ups. Perhaps that was filmed on a movie set. The theater looked like something from vegas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Which theater? They showed multiple in the film. It was definitely the Harmony's theaters though.

We thought the first bit of the film prior to the cruise portion was a bit drawn out and not engaging. Almost stopped watching. But once they got on the ship, the pacing was much better. Entertaining film, especially if you have been on Harmony.

I was cute. The Netflix one kept referencing an "Alexa" with the same job as the Hallmark movie which makes me think the movies are related.

Not sure if related to another film, but an interesting note is that this was the directorial debut for Seth Rogan's wife.