Movies filmed on Harmony of the Seas

It was an Owners suite. Cabin 1460. You can tell from the balcony scene when they zoom out they are above the balcony with the hot tub which is the villa suite.

Looking at the plans for the OS they moved the bed to where the couch is and put the couch perpendicular to the bed. Probably needed to move things around for the best camera angles.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=harmony+of+the+seas+owners+suite&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-ca&client=safari#imgrc=KT4HT88dhY5l4M:

Wow, neat you are able to narrow it down to the cabin [emoji2]. Thanks for pointing it out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

It was an Owners suite. Cabin 1460. You can tell from the balcony scene when they zoom out they are above the balcony with the hot tub which is the villa suite.

Looking at the plans for the OS they moved the bed to where the couch is and put the couch perpendicular to the bed. Probably needed to move things around for the best camera angles.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=harmony+of+the+seas+owners+suite&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-ca&client=safari#imgrc=KT4HT88dhY5l4M:

Almost positive that all the scenes inside the stateroom were shot in a studio with a green screen for the “ocean” just beyond the balcony.

I can't figure out where the karaoke scene was filmed. It looked like the ice rink but there were tables for the audience watching and not the arena seating found on the ships.

Filmed on land someplace. They were only on the Harmony for 10 days. Just enough time to get outside shots and other shots that you absolutely couldn’t make happen on dry land.

Predictable fluff movie. I expect much of the same from the hallmark movie.

In my opinion, the foul language didn’t add anything to the movie.

Fun to see some actual ship footage mixed in with a Hollywood idea of a cruise. Reminds me a bit of the Loveboat shows.

M

Almost positive that all the scenes inside the stateroom were shot in a studio with a green screen for the “ocean” just beyond the balcony.

I’ll disagree with you there. If you look closely everything is identical to the suite on the ship with just furniture being moved.

Watched the movie yesterday, we sailed on HOTS B2B this past January/February. If that cruise director was onboard I would have jumped overboard! 😜. That was not a great depiction of a cruise director!

If that was Captain Johnny’s real voice it was a shame they didn’t get shots of him on his Segway!

I like to pick out product placements in movies but this is the biggest one I've ever seen .Im thinking Amazon prime is probably making a deal now with one of the carnival brands for a similar movie/ad campaign.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’ll disagree with you there. If you look closely everything is identical to the suite on the ship with just furniture being moved.

Disagree seemed much smaller than our normal grand suite, but balcony did look like one for a grand suite. We liked the movie had all our favorite things in it NYC, then a rccl ship then the Caribbean.

Apparently if you are black out drunk you don’t have to attend muster drill. Lol.

And of course Harmony offers 10 day Westerns leaving on Tuesday from NYC.

I laughed the most at their version of Love & Marriage. That was actually pretty funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Disagree seemed much smaller than our normal grand suite, but balcony did look like one for a grand suite. We liked the movie had all our favorite things in it NYC, then a rccl ship then the Caribbean.

They did not use the bedroom which is why it looked smaller. The bed was placed where the sofa would go and the couch was perpendicular to that where the 2 chairs are in the layout attached.

On a few of the shots you can see the dressing table to the right of the bed. You can also see the table behind the sofa. In the scene where the TV was on you could see the credenza below the TV. It was the same down to the curtains. If they were recreating it off set they would not have gone to that much trouble to get the details exactly correct. This was a low budget film, they didn’t go to a lot of expense with different sets, they used what was available.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=harmony+of+the+Seas+owners+suite&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-ca&client=safari#imgrc=KT4HT88dhY5l4M:

That is my one rule for DH as we do not get the internet package.

Wondering like poster above, is that Coastal Kitchen? And what stateroom category was that (or was that made up, filmed in a studio)

Yes the dinner scenes were in the Coastal Kitchen. We were on that cruise when the movie was being filmed and they used 150 in place of the suite lounge for suite guests when they were filming. Definitely not the same experience since we really like the Coastal Kitchen and lounge.

they used 150 in place of the suite lounge for suite guests when they were filming. Definitely not the same experience since we really like the Coastal Kitchen and lounge.

We were on the following week. The cast was still onboard and I guess they filmed a little bit but were done for the most part. When we boarded they told us we would be using 150 as a sub as well but then ended up allowing us in the CK/SL after all. I never saw anyone that I recognized (celebrity) but I am told they were there. I don’t subscribe to Netflix so doubt we will ever see the movie.

So the main character constantly complains about the poor or lack of connectibity while on board the ship. Seems like bad advertisement for RCCL as they push the fastest internet at sea.

M

The point about the main character’s lack of connectivity with other passengers reminds me of this quote from the linked recent New York Times travel essay -

“A megaship, by its nature, fosters a kind of cultural détente among the various tribes within its hull. There is no other way to enjoyably commingle in tight quarters with so many people. And when you do that, when you suspend all judgment, when you ease into the easy, a cruise can be the best vacation deal going.”

An okay flick. Kind of thought the weed smoking in Jamaica and the "F" bombs were unnecessary and detracted from the film. Other wise it was entertaining and makes me want to go on another cruise.

Yeah, what was up with that? Is weed only on unofficial tours? :-D