14 day Caribbean cruises??

this trip is one that I am looking at. It has more sea days than a typical 11 nighter out of Ft. Lauderdale on Serenade which is good for me. Too many port days are very taxing on this old body

Been doing this cruise since 2012 inc booked in 2018/2019. Was a 13n Boston to Tampa until 2015. Hundreds do this cruise every yr, hundreds more are repeaters. Join us, it's a great cruise!....

Hope you will come back to this thread and let me know about the Anthem. I looked at that cruise but I just have my heart set on a 14 day cruise. Otherwise, I will be looking at land based 2 week vacations, if I have to fly.

As far as the Breakaway goes, just not our cup of tea. We cancelled another we had booked with them the day we got home.

Our first cruise was on the Celebrity Zenith in 2001 when Celebrity claimed to "Exceed All Expectations", and they did.

After more than two dozen cruises to the Caribbean the NCL itinerary was great, but the upcoming Anthem cruise to the usual ports makes no difference to us since we have NEVER been unable to find something new to see or experience on any of the Caribbean Islands.

We loved the Zenith small ship experience and learned as the ships got bigger that the same experience has never really been taken away, but is still there only now there are more and more things to do and experience on the ships.

My wife and I are not mountain climbers or surfers, but this type of activity is easily avoided or if wanted easily accomplished.

We've never been on the Anthem but to us the date (Feb. 03, 2019) was perfect.

We know we will find what we want in a cruise and can easily avoid the things we don't.

We know we will spend 3 hours getting to the port and be home 3 hours after we disembark.

We know we will spend the first day aboard in the comfort and warmth of a lounge, a restaurant or our stateroom as we leave the Winter behind us.

We also know we will spend the last day on board with our batteries charged as we sail back to reality.

We know from our past cruises on Royal Caribbean that we have always had a wonderful time.

We know we would love a longer cruise with maybe a slightly expanded itinerary, but them's the breaks.

We know that no matter the size of the ship there will be empty elevators and stairways which always amazes us.

We know that we will find the small ship experience in amidst the large ship and so far NCL has never failed us.

bosco

Wondering if anyone knows why RCL doesn't have a 14 day itinerary to the Caribbean?

I have done a couple of 14 day southern Caribbean cruises on NCL's Breakaway out of NYC. Two week cruises are the perfect amount of time for me!!! However, I don't like the Escape that is now sailing out of NYC.

I prefer the larger ships, so I started looking at RCL since it does cruises out of Cape Liberty. I was surprised that most RCL itineraries are not the typical 1 week or 2 week cruises. Why is that???

:(

RCL could be a good alternative for me, if they offered 2 week itineraries.

Does anyone know if RCL has plans (i.e. rumors ;)) to do any 14 day cruises?

Alot of people can only get away from work for a week or so at a time. This is probably why there arent more 14 day cruises.

Grandeur does a number of 12 night Caribbean cruises out of Baltimore. Easy to get to from NJ.

We have done that cruise twice in the past and loved it. It does require a six or seven hour drive which is no real problem. Coming from upstate New York and sailing mostly in February we always book a hotel for a night pre-cruise because we can never be sure what Mother Nature has in store for us.

With driving time, hotel stay and possibility of other weather related delays possible it works out for us to be about equal in time and effort as a 14 night would from Cape Liberty.

They were both great cruises as well as a few from Baltimore that we took on Celebrity and wish the newer ships could make it under the bridges.. LOL

bosco

Alot of people can only get away from work for a week or so at a time. This is probably why there arent more 14 day cruises.

Correct.

And there are also dozens of 12 day sailings on ships packed to capacity with thousands of people who have to spend at ;least an additional 2 days or more wasted in hotels and airports flying to and from those cruises..

bosco

Thanks, I saw those as well! I prefer to have 2 full weeks without having to fly. I just don’t want to compromise, lol
You should probably stick with NCL.

Enjoy Pt Canaveral [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Agree about B2Bers and especially that we have to fly to the East Coast. We use to do true 14 night Caribbean cruises but even Celebrity has done away with them. As long as we're on the ship for 14 nights is all that matters to us. :cool::beer-mug:

Me too. Have only done one B2B (Alaska) but it was so cool not having to pack up and get off the ship when everyone else does. :cool:

Once the "fur baby" passes on to kitty cat heaven...the B2Bs and more will be common for us. Until then...it's the land yacht cruising with the shorter "big ship" cruises mixed in.

You should probably stick with NCL.

Enjoy Pt Canaveral [emoji16]

LOL, you are probably right that I won't be able to try Royal for a while!

But I would never do the Western Caribbean itinerary with Pt Canaveral -- what a waste of a potential caribbean port day! ;)

I'm a Southern/Eastern Caribbean itinerary fan!

Very true! However, you would think if that was the primary reason, RCL would have 9 day cruises (2 weekends with the work week in between) rather than the 10-12 days that eat up more than a weeks vacation.

Grandeur does a number of 12 night Caribbean cruises out of Baltimore. Easy to get to from NJ.

Friend and fellow CC member Gary (Cruise Wizard) is on the Sunday sailing, staying on after the trip to Bermuda, then doing the NE coast.

LOL, you are probably right that I won't be able to try Royal for a while!

But I would never do the Western Caribbean itinerary with Pt Canaveral -- what a waste of a potential caribbean port day! ;)

I'm a Southern/Eastern Caribbean itinerary fan!

Very true! However, you would think if that was the primary reason, RCL would have 9 day cruises (2 weekends with the work week in between) rather than the 10-12 days that eat up more than a weeks vacation.

Didn't realize there was a choice. NCL ships come here all the time from NJ/NY.

NASA is a nice day.

Falcon launch tomorrow morning.

fd8e895db22de2f75394efa961633586.jpg

Didn't realize there was a choice. NCL ships come here all the time from NJ/NY.

NASA is a nice day.

Falcon launch tomorrow morning.

Yes NCL stops in Pt Canaveral on their Bahamas and Western Caribbean itineraries. My mother lived in Cocoa Beach so I have exhausted my interest in Pt Canaveral [emoji2]

Yes NCL stops in Pt Canaveral on their Bahamas and Western Caribbean itineraries. My mother lived in Cocoa Beach so I have exhausted my interest in Pt Canaveral [emoji2]
4 ships in town this morning had great view of the launch. Disney Dream, Carnival Sunshine, NCL Sun, Royal's Enchantment of the Seas.

Enchantment had the best view

6809d02f968c88d6bad8d0861395c99f.jpg

4 ships in town this morning had great view of the launch. Disney Dream, Carnival Sunshine, NCL Sun, Royal's Enchantment of the Seas.

Enchantment had the best view

6809d02f968c88d6bad8d0861395c99f.jpg

Wow, I'm jealous. Always wished had witnessed a Saturn V launch...

Wow, I'm jealous. Always wished had witnessed a Saturn V launch...
Falcon Heavy in August. Nothing like a Saturn V though.

And I was wrong about ship position. NCL Sun was closer at launch.

We too like to go more then 7 nights. Otherwise it just goes too fast. We have 10, 14 B2B and 9 on the books. That 9 is still too short but we are not retired so have to take what we can get. Would love to do a B2B on Serenade for 21 days! Someday......

I’d have to watch what I ate and drink less but the relaxation would be so awesome. I might just feel rested for a change.

RCCL and Celebrity rare removing the 2 weeks sailings, because it's hard for them to fill the ship without price drops. I was in the Eclipse on 03/18/18 (14 night south Caribbean) after final payment date still more than 25% of the ship available for booking we have several price drops, unbelievable 2 weeks before sailing Concierges was cheaper than inside. Now we are in the Silhouette B2B 9+12 nights next March 2019, both cruises at 9 months to sail are 20% available a prices hiked $1,650 first leg and $1,250 second leg

RCCL and Celebrity rare removing the 2 weeks sailings, because it's hard for them to fill the ship without price drops. I was in the Eclipse on 03/18/18 (14 night south Caribbean) after final payment date still more than 25% of the ship available for booking we have several price drops, unbelievable 2 weeks before sailing Concierges was cheaper than inside. Now we are in the Silhouette B2B 9+12 nights next March 2019, both cruises at 9 months to sail are 20% available a prices hiked $1,650 first leg and $1,250 second leg

Thanks so much for a direct answer to my question (y)(y)

Interesting that other cruise lines have trouble filling 14 day itineraries out of NY/NJ when NCL is able to pack them in without a problem. Probably the pricing isn't competitive or perhaps NCL's bidding process that moves guests willing to pay more for a discounted upgrade into a higher category cabin. :confused: NCL discounts usually only occur on the inside/oceanview cabin categories, not the higher priced cabins.