Chef's Table Menu - Harmony

Hey Gang....

Hoping to get the attention of a recent Harmony cruiser who would be nice enough to share the Chef's Table menu!!!...please, pretty please... :cool:

Back in 2011, hubs and I really enjoyed this experience and made life-long friends during our great dining experience while on the Allure, and thinking about it again for our cruise this August on Harmony (didn't go last year on the 1st going-around on HOTS)...

I'm a bit of a picky eater, and already have Wonderland under my belt, and booked again for this years sailing, but want to know if's it's going to be a Wine dinner for me, or will I get some tasty bites?

TIA

Nola

We are big chef table fans when cruising. We have sailed Allure and Oasis 2X each and attended Chefs Table each sailing which was fantastic!

With that said we did not attend the Chefs Table on HOTS this past January when we sailed on a B2B. Reason was location notfood selection. They hold Chefs Table in the Solarium cafe With just a curtain section off. In reading CC reviews on this topic we learned the noise of the restaurant is overwhelming. The rest of the restaurant is open for people to attend and the noise is LOUD! Takes away from the experience. We went down to see the setup and the review was correct, a curtain around a table.

On Allure and Oasis Chefs Table was held at the top of the Diamond Lounge, which on HOTS is now Wonderland.

Just thought I would share in case atmosphere is important and you did not see the other reviews.

Thank you all for your input and pic collages!! ARCCruisinNana!! PERFECT!!! :)

Since I'm sailing in August Robntawn, I might be able to share the Chef's Table menu with you, IF we decide to go!

Countess5 - Since I sailed on the Harmony previously, I completely forgot about the curtain separation in the Solurium, and for $95/pp once would LOVE to think that the atmosphere would be the same as Oasis/Allure, since it was quite lovely over the library on the Allure.

With all of this input in mind, since we have the Royal Visa card and a sizable OBC coming to us for our sailing in August, we may book it on board - Kinda hoping they get their act together on it, since isn't a nice location part of the whole Chef's Table experience!!

Hello ARCruisinNana,

When were these pictures taken? This is definitely a different menu than what we experienced in April.

We were told by the chef in April that the menus were going to be changing fleet-wide. We are planning on doing it again in November. However, we were hoping it was a new menu. Not that we didn't like this menu, but we like to experience new things.

The menu you posted looks amazing and would be great if this is the new one.

80d816c743c7638254735280daccecac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice. Worth it for the morels alone! Wonder where they're getting them this time of year. The ones in my yard were spent over a month ago.

They hold Chefs Table in the Solarium cafe With just a curtain section off.

That's disappointing. The location on Liberty was on a mid-tier balcony between 2 of the MDR decks, so we had to contend with the roar of 3 floors of dining room. I wasn't impressed. We've got a Harmony sailing booked and I was looking forward to going back to a quiet location again. Surely somewhere on that giant ship they could find somewhere better to hold it?

Hello ARCruisinNana,

When were these pictures taken? This is definitely a different menu than what we experienced in April.

We were told by the chef in April that the menus were going to be changing fleet-wide. We are planning on doing it again in November. However, we were hoping it was a new menu. Not that we didn't like this menu, but we like to experience new things.

The menu you posted looks amazing and would be great if this is the new one.

We were on the week of June 9, 2018. The food and wines were excellent. Price for 2 with added 18% is $220.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you all for your input and pic collages!! ARCCruisinNana!! PERFECT!!! :)

Since I'm sailing in August Robntawn, I might be able to share the Chef's Table menu with you, IF we decide to go!

Countess5 - Since I sailed on the Harmony previously, I completely forgot about the curtain separation in the Solurium, and for $95/pp once would LOVE to think that the atmosphere would be the same as Oasis/Allure, since it was quite lovely over the library on the Allure.

With all of this input in mind, since we have the Royal Visa card and a sizable OBC coming to us for our sailing in August, we may book it on board - Kinda hoping they get their act together on it, since isn't a nice location part of the whole Chef's Table experience!!

Ha. That would be great!

We did attend aboard the Harmony in 2016, and I must agree that the location left a lot to be desired. It was indeed noisy and seemed like it was an afterthought.

Ha. That would be great!

We did attend aboard the Harmony in 2016, and I must agree that the location left a lot to be desired. It was indeed noisy and seemed like it was an afterthought.

It was an afterthought. Bento from Serenade was going to Harmony for Chef’s Table. Then, when he was headed to Harmony a month or so before the first sailing, it was decided they weren’t going to have a Chef’s Table.

On the TA they decided to try to find a place to have a Chef’s Table. They did some experimenting and decided the best (or maybe only) place they could have it was in the Solarium Bistro.

It was an afterthought. Bento from Serenade was going to Harmony for Chef’s Table. Then, when he was headed to Harmony a month or so before the first sailing, it was decided they weren’t going to have a Chef’s Table.

On the TA they decided to try to find a place to have a Chef’s Table. They did some experimenting and decided the best (or maybe only) place they could have it was in the Solarium Bistro.

We were on that TA. We had booked Chef's Table ahead of time and then had it canceled when they decided not to have it. Once on board, I got a phone call saying they had "found a place to hold it" and would we be interested in re-booking. We did and had a wonderful evening. We liked the location - it felt very private and it wasn't noisy at all on the evening we attended.

The last time I cruised Oasis class they put CT in an alcove of the Suite Lounge. Wonder why they don't just do that on Harmony.

The design of the SL and Coastal Kitchen is different on Harmony. I personally didn’t like location of the Chef’s Table on Oasis. It was noisy and lots of distractions.