Freedom of Sea or Celebrity Summit?

I have done freedom sister ship Liberty a few times and did Summit early this year, entertainment will be much better on RCCL, ice show is always great much larger ship with more to do, buffet was really way better and less crowded on Summit, both are nice ships'

I've cruised both ships and loved each one. For entertainment and overall ship amenities, Freedom is the far better choice.

I give the slight edge to Summit for MDR food and a more significant edge to Summit for specialty restaurant food. I think Celebrity has the best specialty restaurants at sea. They are, however, significantly more expensive.

Good luck with your choice. :)

We are planning a southern Caribbean in november on one or the other of the above ships. Any feedback comparing the two would be great..One young adult going and one adult. Food? Entertainment? please give us some thoughts! thanks

I've cruised both ships and loved each one. For entertainment and overall ship amenities, Freedom is the far better choice.

I give the slight edge to Summit for MDR food and a more significant edge to Summit for specialty restaurant food. I think Celebrity has the best specialty restaurants at sea. They are, however, significantly more expensive.

Good luck with your choice. :)

Ditto on Aquahound's comment. We loved Summit but Freedom is newer, bigger, has a flow rider, rock climbing wall, ice rink and better entertainment.

Having sailed both types of ships on both lines I can tell you the Summit is a much smaller intimate vessel vs the RCI Freedom class being much larger with the main promenade running through it's middle would have a younger crowd and more crowded feel. So it depends on what you're looking for between the two. We enjoyed the Infinity (sister ship of Summit) but it was older and smaller, we had aqua class which got us access to Blu restaurant and we enjoyed it but would not do again. Entertainment will be more lively on the RCI ship....but the Infinity had a "silent party" that was a hoot.

We've sailed both and out depends what you are looking for in your vacation. We'd sail rci freedom over the summit all things equal but enjoyed the perks celebrity included with our package but there were less activities on the summit that we enjoyed and we didn't like the mdr as well on the summit

Long time loyal Royal that just did our first cruise on Celebrity Eclipse....missed Royal and will be glad to be back on Freedom this September...Not sure I'll do an X cruise again but we did love the itinerary and it was good to finally give X a try.