Royal Caribbean Website Pain

bryanjaync

Usual way to fix problems is switch browser and dump the cache/cookies before you log on.  Once you log onto your account and access one cruise you can have problems accessing another, and this generally fixes the problem for me.  If your browser has a new update RCI may not recognize it any more and mess up the login.  By the way, clicking on the specific cruise button more than once guarantees you will have problems - click ONCE and you should see a line building left to right at top of page.

These problems seem to show up for many people at the same time, so have patience.  I haven't had problems in a month or so but I do exit each booking carefully.  And I'm due for more problems.   

21 hours ago, Mama24 said:

I've been seeing this since Sunday.  I finally decided to call (foolish, I know) and first the guy said, try it in Chrome.  Nope, same thing.  Try it in Internet Explorer.  Nope, same thing.  I gave up.  I'll try again later. 

Call back.  They may need to unlock your account.

I had this happen last summer.  

RCCL IT at their finest.

We have been trying to check in for our March 1 cruise but are unable to do so. We only get a blank screen, then get locked out of the cruise. So we called RCCL. The guy told us that we were the third people to call today with that problem. It turns out that there is a problem with RCCL check in, and it no longer works with the Chrome browser. Once we switched to Microsoft Edge, it worked fine. 

This appears to only affect the Internet version of check in while using Google Chrome. The app appears to work just fine. 

Hi all

Trying to start check in for a cruise a month away. Can log in to my cruises fine, cruise planner is working fine, but the link from start check in is just taking me to a blank page.

Have tried different devices, clearing everything etc but all same. Any other fixes I’ve missed or is it just a case of keep trying and hope it works soon?

14 minutes ago, newxmascruiser said:

Hi all

Trying to start check in for a cruise a month away. Can log in to my cruises fine, cruise planner is working fine, but the link from start check in is just taking me to a blank page.

Have tried different devices, clearing everything etc but all same. Any other fixes I’ve missed or is it just a case of keep trying and hope it works soon?

If you have tried all the usual fixes, then call RC Customer Service, maybe they can see something wrong.

Had the same issue last week.  Spent hours with IT on the phone.  It is a glitch in their system.  RCCL finally completed my online check in for me.  Next day, same problem.  It wouldn t upload my photo for thr Allure.  RCCL again had to enter for me.  I sued IE, Chrome, and Firefox.  Didn t make any difference.  Even used wifes laptop.  Same issues.

Anyone else having issues with the website? Every time I try to do my pre cruise check in I get a message that says 

Check-in paused

Access to reservation *******   is temporarily unavailable, so check in other guests or try again later.

Also When I try to look at the cruise planner I have to enter all my info again ( Surname, Cruise date, Reservation number and ship name) and it takes me to a page that says the website cannot be found.  

Not in any major rush but its been like this for over 2 weeks now.  No one answers my emails from royal.

19 minutes ago, 3eaglesfam said:

Anyone else having issues with the website? Every time I try to do my pre cruise check in I get a message that says 

Check-in paused

Access to reservation *******   is temporarily unavailable, so check in other guests or try again later.

Also When I try to look at the cruise planner I have to enter all my info again ( Surname, Cruise date, Reservation number and ship name) and it takes me to a page that says the website cannot be found.  

Not in any major rush but its been like this for over 2 weeks now.  No one answers my emails from royal.

It's been wonky all morning. Took 30 minutes for all of our reservations to show up, and moving between functions kept logging me off.:classic_wacko:

I posted a couple of days ago saying I couldn’t get into the check in page, had tried different devices, clearing everything still no joy. Finally today managed to get in - laptop, tablet still wouldn’t work, tried using iPhone and no problem straight in - just reporting back in case that helps anyone else. 

i Have been trying to access the cruise planner each time it sends me to a info page.  After filling the form out and submitting I get nothing but the same screen.  Any solutions?  Any insight would be appreciated, thank god their cruises are better run than the website. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smeck said:

i Have been trying to access the cruise planner each time it sends me to a info page.  After filling the form out and submitting I get nothing but the same screen.  Any solutions?  Any insight would be appreciated, thank god their cruises are better run than the website. 

I had that happen last night, I suspect they were adding more to my cruise reservations because shows just got added.   I booked a few shows on Symphony, went back to do more and got the same error. This morning it was fine. 

3 minutes ago, mr. godfredo said:

I am trying to get to my cruise planner as well as my online check in and each time I get there it says error or page not available. Anyone having a similar problem??? This is very frustrating as it has been this way for a week or so.

Make sure you clear your cookies.  Also log completely out of your account and wait at least 20-30min. before you log back in.

For a company the size of Royal they have the worst IT department!!!

if that doesn’t work call them!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

I gotta tell you guys the RCI  web site is the clunkiest cruise line site I have ever seen! It is not user friendly and I can't find the well hidden areas I need!

Edited by Ethel5
correction

Will there ever be an end to this 'pain'?

If you book directly with royal you can manage your booking online!

Exceptions to this are guests who have certain kinds of reservations, or who booked through a travel partner.

Unfortunately we do not have any option to pay online, despite booking direct.

(To make a payment, just sign in to your account and follow the “Pay remaining balance” link.)

Anyone else enjoying this problem at the moment?