Royal Caribbean Website Pain

bryanjaync

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

This is a CC website pain post. What is up with the submit replies takes forever now, and even after it posts when you try to post again, the last posting is sitting there waiting for you to submit reply again, which will cause duplicate posts?

jc

Yep, I've been seeing that same behavior on multiple forums today.

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

This is a CC website pain post. What is up with the submit replies takes forever now, and even after it posts when you try to post again, the last posting is sitting there waiting for you to submit reply again, which will cause duplicate posts?

jc

You are not alone. A number of threads in https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/859-need-help-using-the-forums-check-here/ are discussing the current issues.

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Is Royal's website down today?  Even other third party sites can't seem to connect to it?

I've not tried a complete booking, but I'm able to see prices on a few cruises.

During online check-in, just after setting up our on-board expense accounts, I getting an error message saying that I can't proceed to the next step before entering all information for each guest. I'm not seeing any empty entry blanks in the online form.

But...I did not input the 'Security Photo' when asked to do so. Must I input this security photo now in order to proceed with online check-in?

This is an Adriatic cruise stating & ending in Barcelona. Could it be that the Barcelona port needs this photo now?

Edited by Oak Hill Cruisers
Spelling

5 minutes ago, Oak Hill Cruisers said:

During online check-in, just after setting up our on-board expense accounts, I getting an error message saying that I can't proceed to the next step before entering all information for each guest. I'm not seeing any empty entry blanks in the online form.

But...I did not input the 'Security Photo' when asked to do so. Must I input this security photo now in order to proceed with online check-in?

This is an Adriatic cruise stating & ending in Barcelona. Could it be that the Barcelona port needs this photo now?

Security photo is not mandatory.

1 hour ago, Oak Hill Cruisers said:

Was able to get our SetSail passes printed out. Instead of doing both of us at the same time, we went separately, DW (primary) first and then DH. Had a hickup with DH but solved it by checking 'cash' onboard account instead of with DW's credit card. Will fix once we're onboard.

We decided to try and do a short Bermuda cruise on the Anthem in a few months.  When to one of the online TA sites that I use regularly and saw a very nice price. Tried to book it and saw the price per person jump about $300.  This was not taxes and port fees it was just cruise fare going way up.  I ended up trying it several times over a few days and it was the same thing. See a low price for a balcony on the first page, go to book and the price jumps way up.  I also tried a local TA herein Las Vegas and he could not duplicate the lower price.  I finally gave up the idea, put my RCL future cruise certs away and decided I have enough to do this summer without going to Bermuda or any other place on RCL.  I did email both the TA and RCL about the problem and the TA's reply was "Royal is having computer problems, you are not alone in your frustrations, nothing we can or will do about it.".  I have yet to hear from RCL.  Oh, I do have screen shots of all of the web pages.... Anyone else having these problems?

No one is going to believe this I know.

Yesterday I was looking at 5 night cruises on RCL website.  I swear there was a 5 night beginning on Nov. 30, 2020 to Grand Cayman and Cozumel.  

There was also a 5 nighter on Indy going to Falmouth and Labadee.

I was trying to decide what to do and then POOF the Nov. 30 cruise disappeared. The 4 nite Oasis for 11/4 remains as does the 11/21 Indy one.

I am not crazy and I was not drinking.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Seems like the IT guys were bored and didn't like the look of the Planner link so they updated it last night.

image.png.46b45197fa0d0babd823ce58a9f6745e.png

And mine looks a little different yet.  It says Cruise Planner, instead of Plan my cruise. 

planner.jpg

1 minute ago, broadwaycam said:

When I log in to my account it is showing as no booked cruises. Is something wrong with the site? It was just showing my booked cruise earlier. It is so frustrating.

I'd call C&A to confirm your booking.

• Like 1

Glad I'm not alone! I usually just have problems getting into the cruise planner. This time I can't even check prices!! This is an all time new low for RC. Oasis of the seas sailings..you can not select interior cabins. Website just cycles, times out and returns to the home page. Nothing like asking friends to cruise with you and then trying to explain that RC website doesn't actually work. Please report your issue!! 

Edited by uswings

The website has had ridiculous problems making access difficult, confusing (or impossible) for literally years.  Years.  One shouldn’t have to change browsers, clear caches, wear a chicken suit or do anything else to make it work right.  It’s unbelievable really, because website management is not that difficult in this day and age.  Are they trying to force everyone to go through agents?  Their lack of caring and correction is one of the many reasons I don’t sail with them any longer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Tried multiple times to get to my cruise planner for my Anthem Aug. 28th cruise, but getting RCCL UK site.

Have you tried the usual: clear cookies, clear cache, private browsing mode, different browser?