Royal Caribbean Website Pain

bryanjaync

I just don't get it. Royal Caribbean can design and build the most amazing ships in the world, but they can't hire a decent IT guy to make a website that works properly. 

There have been many things over the years that have irritated me about their website but this latest is making me crazy. I live in Canada and prefer Canadian pricing, something that used to be simple, but now when i click on the "United States" link that then pops up a list of countries to choose from and I then click "Canada" it promptly takes me back to the United States website with pricing in USD and I just go in circles.

I mean, I'm in Canada. My profile address says Canada. I have a current booking in Canadian dollars. I select "Canada" from their own list.  How hard can it be to actually send me to the Canadian version with Canadian pricing?

Seriously,  just hire someone who knows how to test a website before turning the new version live.

End of rant.

• Like 2

I was looking over excursions for our upcoming March 2020 sailing and 3 ports are mixed up. St Lucia has St John Excursions, Barbados has St Lucia Excursions and ST John has Barbados excursions. I called the department on it and he said he sees it and said it is possible when they switched the order of the stops that might have done it. To me regardless the order of th stops the Excursions shouldn't change. 

earlier today I accessed my booking to check for pre cruise discounts for internet, etc. now I cannot access my booking, I sign in but it defaults to the uk site and won;t recognize me.

anyone else having issues? tried 3 or 4 times

Just now, jdechter said:

earlier today I accessed my booking to check for pre cruise discounts for internet, etc. now I cannot access my booking, I sign in but it defaults to the uk site and won;t recognize me.

anyone else having issues? tried 3 or 4 times

Try the usual: clear cookies, clear cache, private browsing mode, different browser.

This morning I had an email alerting me to another 'sale' that I should take advantage of before my cruise departs.  I click on the link to go to cruise planner and I get this message.  Holy crap!  I leave in a day?!?!  Nope, I sail on May 19th.  🤣🙄

image.thumb.png.c4eeb602f9b753d86c473969bf0a9f6e.png

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Kayla103 said:

Nice! 

Yeah, I've been trying for nearly an hour. It is rather frustrating.

I was able to get in when I posted but sometimes I'm in the middle of doing something and it times out.  I 'll read the threads and try again later; it's hit or miss but definitely frustrating.  .  

1 minute ago, Mr. Candyman said:

I was able to get in when I posted but sometimes I'm in the middle of doing something and it times out.  I 'll read the threads and try again later; it's hit or miss but definitely frustrating.  .  

Thanks! That is really good to know. I got the reservation taken care of but couldn't do it through their website. Ugh! 

I don't know if it is just me (always seems like it, doesn't it) but when I go to the RCCL's website, it defaults to the USA site.

I try to switch the location to Canada but it still defaults to USA.

A workaround that "sometimes" works is to google search, "booking RCCL in CDN funds" but not each time.

Is this only me?

Does anyone know of a fix?

10 minutes ago, xcell said:

I don't know if it is just me (always seems like it, doesn't it) but when I go to the RCCL's website, it defaults to the USA site.

A workaround that "sometimes" works is to google search, "booking RCCL in CDN funds" but not each time.

Is this only me?

This has come and gone for a while now. 

On 4/20/2019 at 1:22 PM, Desert Cruizers said:

I was looking over excursions for our upcoming March 2020 sailing and 3 ports are mixed up. St Lucia has St John Excursions, Barbados has St Lucia Excursions and ST John has Barbados excursions. I called the department on it and he said he sees it and said it is possible when they switched the order of the stops that might have done it. To me regardless the order of th stops the Excursions shouldn't change. 

Don't feel bad.  Celebrity does the same thing.  Cruise planner was down for about 2 months for our January 2020 sailing.  Now it is back up, and has San Juan excursion in Cozumel, and has 22 excursions in St. Thomas on a sea day.

You can tell Celebrity and Royal are related

The same goes for the app.  My cruise planner for Indy in July shows all my excursions, but the app only lists one.

1 hour ago, xcell said:

Is this only me?

As noted below..it's been off and on.  It was better for a few days and then started occurring again.

I find if you can get to the main search page where it shows you the countdown for the number of days left on the "sale", then you are ok...change it to Canada and search (no search criteria).  Then from the results you should be in CAD and can filter on your criteria.

On 4/18/2019 at 2:04 AM, gospelle said:

I just don't get it. Royal Caribbean can design and build the most amazing ships in the world, but they can't hire a decent IT guy to make a website that works properly. 

There have been many things over the years that have irritated me about their website but this latest is making me crazy. I live in Canada and prefer Canadian pricing, something that used to be simple, but now when i click on the "United States" link that then pops up a list of countries to choose from and I then click "Canada" it promptly takes me back to the United States website with pricing in USD and I just go in circles.

I mean, I'm in Canada. My profile address says Canada. I have a current booking in Canadian dollars. I select "Canada" from their own list.  How hard can it be to actually send me to the Canadian version with Canadian pricing?

Seriously,  just hire someone who knows how to test a website before turning the new version live.

End of rant.

Having the exact same problem. Up to last Friday...the 26th...I could get CAN pricing...then on Saturday things went haywire and now I'm stuck with US pricing..can get every other country  offered, but not Canada.  Yet.....on my iPad, I can get Canadian pricing, but my desktop is easier to navigate for looking at cruises.  Very frustrating, to say the least.   I feel your pain!!!

I do not have an issue at the moment with getting CAN pricing. Those that do might try clearing browser cookies and cache for the RCI website. Another option is to use a private/incognito browser session/window, it should allow changing of the region/country.

If the CAN pricing issue occurs when you login, then check your Country/Region of residence setting in Account Information. (Accessed through Complete your account info link, bottom left of the Upcoming Cruises page.)

UK Cruisers-

Do you have the ability to pay for your cruises online at the moment? I've notice the 'pay balance' button has been gone from our bookings for about 2 months now. When I go on the US Wesbite and put in the booking ref it says "Sorry, this booking cannot be paid for online".

Booking was made directly with RCI UK. Wondering if this is the same for everyone at the moment?

• Clarea changed the title to Royal Caribbean Website Pain

Anyone else seeing this?  I thought that I would check out some cruise prices on the website.  No matter what I do, I cannot get it to change my location to the US, English speaking.  It has me in the UK, or if I try to change it to US, it will only change to US Spanish.

😮