Royal Caribbean Website Pain

bryanjaync

I know you need to be at the 90 day mark before you can register. However when i log in to cruisue planner i just wind up in there web site Bermuda Triangle. I log in Nd wind up back on a oage just to log in again. I tried this on ios and PC. Same thing happens.

I called RCCL and was told “must be something wrong with all my devices”. Unreal!!!

What a dummy. Give me a break if you cant figure that out your a dunsky....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Website continues to disappoint. After 6 months, my C&A info still isn’t correct. Tried logging in to pay for my next two trips....sorry, the server cannot be connected dance. I hold out hope that someday...

I feel your pain! None of the newer code works on my browser of choice anymore (Chrome). I hate having to switch browsers just to do something on their website. Add to that you can’t select your D+ and above amenities anymore; instead, you have to call to change them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our traveling companions couldn't do the Set Sail pass with Chrome but she was able to do it using Safari. I need to do ours and will clear the cache on Chrome and try. If this doesn't work, I will use Internet Explorer or Edge.

I was able to print our luggage tags and E-docs a few weeks ago.

So, I have been trying to start the check-in online but can't get started. The message is 'this reservation is currently being modified' ( been that way all day). What can they be doing that takes all day? We made final payment a couple of weeks ago.

I had that message today too. I logged out of the Royal website. Went into my history, cleared it back 2 days, and then logged back into Royal and was able to check in. I was using safari.

Lol. We had the same issue.

RCCL went as far to say that my travel agent may be in the reservation...for weeks lol! My travel agent is RCCL!

For the size of company the website is the most pathetic resource/tool I have ever used. They should really be embarrassed to go live with such a website.

I can't check in for my Aug cruise either. Three separate calls provided three different reasons. The reservation is still locked. Next call I will request OBC to compensate me for my time.:cool:

Have you tried using a different browser?

If you are using Chrome, one of the easiest ways to rule out caching problems is to right-click on your Chrome shortcut and choose "New Incognito Window". This will bring up Chrome with a clear cache and will not cache anything after closing. My sister could not get in to check-in after trying all day. I told her to pull up an Incognito window and she went right in.

Not necessarily a cure all, just works in some situations.

• Like 1

I managed to get started on my online checkin a few days ago but ever since I get the 'this reservation is being modified' message! Aaaaargh! Funny thing is, if I want to buy something I have no problem getting into the Cruise planner.........

Does anyone from RC really read these boards? :mad:

I managed to get started on my online checkin a few days ago but ever since I get the 'this reservation is being modified' message! Aaaaargh! Funny thing is, if I want to buy something I have no problem getting into the Cruise planner.........

Does anyone from RC really read these boards? :mad:

I couldn't get in to make a payment or look at cruise planner, so when I called for assistance, I was treated as if I was a child that was being punished for talking in line because I hadn't logged out of my account (I just closed the tab, which in RCCL world is apparently a big no no). According to whoever I talked to, it's to keep people from making changes to one aco**** at the same time from multiple devices. Makes sense, but to me, it goes back to incompetent IT department.

I've had to go so far as to clear the cache and cookies on all my devices and start over from the beginning to get it working properly again. It really shouldn't be this difficult and a continuous inconvenience for customers. I'm guessing that it's not a big concern for their customer service department.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I actually was able to do my Set Sail pass and print it out. I had cleared my Cache on Chrome prior to beginning the check-in process and I also went through the "Already Booked" tab from the Home Page. I also haven't tried to log onto the RCI site from my phone.

So I just booked Harmony of the Seas for this October and I noticed that the RCI website is dramatically over pricing. I priced HOTS for Oct 6th for a boardwalk balcony -- On the website it was $2850 and over the phone it was $2165. I also noticed that not all of the rooms are showing up as available online. Just a heads up.. or a reminder that their website is garbage.

Are you sure it's the same type of deposit and same exact type of room? If so it looks like they've fixed the site; I'm seeing about $2165 for a non-refundable 4I Boardwalk Balcony, and $2600 for a 2I Refundable.

Boardwalk Balconies come in 2I, 4I, and Guarantee versions, with refundable and non-refundable options. It's easy to get confused when comparing prices. Then again, Royal Caribbean's website is known for being super finicky, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was completely messed up

Seems to be RCI marketing at it's best. On their site it will show 1 or 2 cabins available, but on another online cruise agency might show 15 as being available.

Then there have been times we called RCI about a certain cabin and surprisingly, it was available, though not being shown on any website we tried.

Seems to be RCI marketing at it's best. On their site it will show 1 or 2 cabins available, but on another online cruise agency might show 15 as being available.

Then there have been times we called RCI about a certain cabin and surprisingly, it was available, though not being shown on any website we tried.

to my knowledge, a lot of cruise lines do that with cabins - they give some of them to the travel agencies. After the final payment day, these cabins are released back to the cruise line and are now available to general public to purchase directly through the cruise line.

I had a different experience some years ago - I went with a TA and they told me that all the cabins in that price category were sold out and I had to go a level higher (more $$$). I went directly on the cruise line's website and lo and behold, the category was not sold out and I got it.

Not happy with the new website. o.k., all I want to do is check an upcoming cruise and see what my cabin is. That shouldn't be difficult, right? Well, It is for me. I can't find it. Maybe I'm dense or missing something, but I just don't see it.

Look for the more details link right under the reservation number.

Correct. However, I can see the web server is one location and its pulling that information from another computer reservation system every time you go to that page. One a few occasions that transfer times out and the link isn't there. It might be when too many Customer Service Reps are looking at funny cat videos.

So, I went to print off my Set Sail pass and my luggage tags for a cruise next month (via a link from an RCCL email to me) and got a screen that said "WHOOPS looks like this site has already sailed." I tried to log in directly from the RCCL website instead - same result. I tried again 8 hours later - same. So I can't print anything unless I continue to try and try and try until it works - maybe in a few days. Maybe not.

Other super loyal/employees in disguise RCCL message boards say I'm too negative about the RCCL website and blast me for complaining - but really, this is ridiculous. It's a constant battle to see if I can get in or not. I have to keep trying and sometimes I'm successful.

I have the very latest web browser on my iMac. I've emptied my cache. I've done all the "tricks" that you have to go through to make it work.

So, I went to print off my Set Sail pass and my luggage tags for a cruise next month (via a link from an RCCL email to me) and got a screen that said "WHOOPS looks like this site has already sailed." I tried to log in directly from the RCCL website instead - same result. I tried again 8 hours later - same. So I can't print anything unless I continue to try and try and try until it works - maybe in a few days. Maybe not.

Other super loyal/employees in disguise RCCL message boards say I'm too negative about the RCCL website and blast me for complaining - but really, this is ridiculous. It's a constant battle to see if I can get in or not. I have to keep trying and sometimes I'm successful.

I have the very latest web browser on my iMac. I've emptied my cache. I've done all the "tricks" that you have to go through to make it work.

Have you called Royal Caribbean?